Panorama X2 firmware 1.02.04 (Power Control Calibrated/Measured Values raised, Increased Stability)

Is it just me or have people noticed the camera is alot quicker to switch from Parking to drive mode?

@Pier28 have you asked Sungmoon if he can put G-sensor files from Parking mode into the events folder? My car was parked for over 36 hours in my apartment garage, I had about 100 motion files and 3 G-sensor files and I really couldn't be bothered watching all those clips

I have waited up to 2 minutes and the camera wouldn't start recording!

No, I have the older microSD model but it should be MLC, TLC microSDs haven't come out at the time I bought these although SSDs did.
samsung-pro-microsdxc-64gb-class-10-uhs-i-mb-mgcgb.jpg

Ah they're TLC I read somewhere - only reason I know that is because I've got two sat here that are going back to Amazon as not fit for purpose!

I did see a destruction test of those cards and they did last I think 3000 write cycles which tbh is very very good for TLC!

This was the link:
http://androidforums.com/threads/us...lc-vs-tlc-microsd-card-considerations.895657/

Samsung PRO [Old Series] (64GB) TLC [MB-MGCGBA]
Samsung PRO [New 2014 Series] (64GB) MLC [MB-MG64DA]

http://ourberries.com/2014/12/29/reviewed-samsung-pro-microsd-old-model-64gb/

That says they're 3-bit MLC, otherwise known as TLC. How confusing can it get?!

The thing that's really annoying is that there doesn't seem to be a simple way of actually knowing what they have onboard other than going off posts like that. The new Pro cards are definitely MLC as it was in the press release somewhere.

These Lexar 633x cards are marketed as MLC in Korea, so I emailed Lexar to ask them and they reckon they can't tell me as it's proprietary information!!

Last edited:
I can tell you that I have been using one of these Samsung Pro cards for the past 1+ years, and I estimated that I wrote over 4TB to that card with GoPro.
Each gopro video is ~17 minutes (or smaller) and 3.7GB.

What do you mean by write cycles? As in each cell can withstand 3000 writes? That means 187 TB, I'm OK with that quality, it'll take me 40+ years of driving to work to reach that much written data.
52 weeks/year * 5 days/week * 2 hours/day * 60 minutes/hour * 60 seconds/minute * 2MB/s video = ~3.7 TB per year of video

Yeah to be fair I bought one of the Samsung Pro cards back in August last year and it's been in various dashcams and then the X2 in parking mode from October and it's not flipped to read only yet. To be honest I've not managed to get any of my cards to flip yet so I'll have to script something up to kill the 8GB Sandisk card I have just to see what happens when it goes pop :)

Officially I've seen TLC quoted down as low as 500 write cycles so you'd get ~32TB in theory on a 64GB before it goes pop so anything more than that is a bonus. If you had a camera running parking mode that was constantly seeing activity in theory you'd kill a 64GB card within six months - and a 32GB card could die in half that time. No wonder the manufacturers are changing things around like Sandisks new high endurance card which only quotes 10k hours or something of video.

Some on here went way, way quicker than that though recently - within a couple of weeks which is why we wondered if there was a bad batch.

My camera sees a lot of activity, ~180 parking events per day, each ~1 minute of recording if I'm not mistaken.
That means an additional 5.4TB per year, in addition to 3.7TB per year of driving.
32TB/9.1TB per year = 3.5 years, not 6 months, make actual calculates, I hate it when numbers are being pulled out of the ass.

I'm talking worst case mate - some dashcam manufacturers quote six months lifespan for a memory card.

A 64GB card say holds around 8 hours of video, worst case it would loop three times a day - do the math :)

By the way, who packed that firmware?
it's zipped with a [] folder inside that's empty/disappears when unpacked, there's another identical RARed copy of the ELF file, if you just zip the ELF file it's ~9MB not 16.5MB to download.

Installed v1.02.04, will see how it performs, though I only expect to see a difference in setting 12.4V instead of 12.1V for power off.

How about we make a list of cards with true MLC nand here for the sake of all users here?

How about we make a list of cards with true MLC nand here for the sake of all users here?

Barun Electronic’s Gold Flash PRO (64GB) MLC
Memorette (memento) Standard premium (8GB) MLC
Lexar High-Performance UHS-I cards [300x] (64GB) MLC [LSDMI64GBBNL300A]
Lexar High-Performance UHS-I 633x MicroSD (64GB) MLC [LSDMI64GBBNL633R]
Samsung PRO [New 2014 Series] (64GB) MLC [MB-MG64DA]
Sony High-Speed R95 UHS-3 (64GB) MLC [SR64UXA]
PNY Turbo Performance High Speed MicroSD (64GB) MLC [P-SDUX64U190-GE]

There are more industrial level cards which are MLC & SLC but the cost goes up accordingly.

The PNY Turbo Performance High Speed MicroSD (64GB) MLC [P-SDUX64U190-GE]
is the cheapest fro the list that Reverend posted.

What are low cost MLC leaders so far? I'll start looking thanks for the list to get started.
I think the priority should be which are the best performers first and foremost, if any of those happen to be low cost I'd consider that a bonus

The lowest cost is some generic from China that seems to get decent reviews on Amazon but how it works in the X2 is anyones guess.

That's not a definitive list though - Transcend have their Ultimate line which also is MLC.

The Lexar 633x is so far behaving well.

I'll spin that up into a new post as well as it'll probably come in useful for someone.

The PNY Turbo Performance High Speed MicroSD (64GB) MLC [P-SDUX64U190-GE]
is the cheapest fro the list that Reverend posted.
It only comes with a 1 year warranty too which sets alarm bells ringing for me - the whole point of MLC is that it lasts longer and a 1 year warranty suggests they may know something that we don't.

Either longevity isn't going to be great due to cheap memory or it's high quality and they're just keeping their costs down by only giving a one year replacement warranty.

Back