PANORAMAII(II S) bought on Ebay. Getting screwed around by shpkorea (Ebay seller)

I purchased from amazon/jokiins link.

and I do plan on taking a marker to the front.....just need to run it for a week or so to make sure everything is good with the camera before i void the warranty.

It's not fake. Just some misunderstandings. I wrote about it HERE

Also @Sungmoon Jang mentioned HERE as well.

And again my post HERE

As mentioned in Panorama S thread, the eBay seller shpkorea has at the moment only Korean version and with CPL filter will be available soon.

@jokiin mentioned HERE that Panorama S with metal ring available, and this is the only place you can by it from RoadCam ONLY.

Soon shpkorea also will stock CPL filter + international version of Panorama S.

I believe that there is 90% maybe misunderstanding from your side ( maybe not reading all info ) and 10% shpkorea to post only one picture with metal ring, however all other big size pictures does not show metal ring.
Also there is nothing mentioned about usage of CPL filter or metal ring from description.

Anyway, thats no point to find who to blame at this stage. Most important to work out situation via communication. Shpkorea has been great seller and giving a good aftersales support and I believe you will find solution.

Of course if you are good in DIY, it's not that big job to glue metal ring to the front of lens surrounding housing. I would use thin metal from those minty-candies, kinda tic-tac, but in metal boxes, if you know what I am saying. It very easy to cut them even with domestic scissors.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I am sorry to delay the metal ring.
Now shipping product has metal ring attached. Just released few days ago.
Please understand.

Hi, I am sorry to delay the metal ring.
Now shipping product has metal ring attached. Just released few days ago.
Please understand.
Just to clarify, it's safe to order from eBay (shpkorea) now and get the international/magnetic version?

Hello ! Yesterday I wrote to shypkorea if they have ,,metal surrounding lens ,, variant , because of equivocal advertisement on eBay . The answer was : ,,If you make an order now, you will receive PanoramaII S with metal surrounding lens. ,, . 189 $ without GPS.

I stil think it`s secondhand ............. fingerprints , no protection platic, very suspicious

Just placed an order at shpkorea. Left them a message that I expect it to be the international version with metal around the lens, otherwise cancel the order. We'll see what happens!

I hope a shiny new , with plastic wrapt metal bezel , good luck !

I stil think it`s secondhand ............. fingerprints , no protection platic, very suspicious

Non of them has plastic wrap and from nearly 100 of different dash cams I bought, I dont remember any of them having so called plastic wrap, only bubble-bag or put into plastic bag. Also seeing some unboxing videos from other buyers, I didnt see Panorama having plastic wrap.

Yes, Panorama S has shiny surface thats why it easy to have fingerprints, same way like many other manufacturers produce shiny surface products.

It is impossible to get used S model because it started selling only few weeks ago with no reports of fault or return. If it would be used, you woyld see not fingerorints but scratches. I see shpkore sold nearly 700 Panorama 2 models and from this amount was here on forum only 3-4 reports of return, so it is one of the most reliable models at the moment + help and supoort from shokorea has been excellent. Panorama undergoes multiple tests in factory and the last test us done by shpkorea before shipping, thats were fingerprints coming, which was no problem with earlier model which had black-matt finishing.

The only thing I would suggest to seller is to wipe off fingerprints to avoid confusion in the future.

I'd like to help clear up the new 2S CPL confusion as well. Here are pix and a video of the units RoadCam is offering in the USA via Amazon links Jokiin provided earlier.

Video:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wb4ssqxm50mmtfe/nPiozHVrHg#lh:null-Video Apr 23, 3 59 05 PM.mov

QR0WCeQl.jpg

6iNDgfBl.jpg

if you were local, I would trade my metal ring version since I don't plan on using the filter and the shiny metal is WAY to visible thru my windshield. (now I wish I had ordered from Korea instead of thru Jazjon/roadcam on amazon...but jazjon/roadcam were great to deal with)

I'd ask if they can swap for a "International version"(the one with a magnetic/metal ring).

Got mine yesterday....already hardwired with the "Multi Safer" and it's a sweet camera. Better than the Mini 0801 and Mobius(vid quality wise, incident button is nice) but you probably already know that.

The fingerprints are a little disappointing but at least you know they function checked or updated firmware before sending it out. (I doubt they did it to piss off a customer :)

I just got some clarification from SungMoon/Manufacturer.

-The new iiS model sold inside Korea will be plastic only. (no metal support ring)

-The new iiS model exported outside of Korea (as of today) will all have the new metal support ring. (for optional CPL) This means there was a small window of time where the new iiS was being sold without any metal support ring at all. (if imported from Korea in the last few weeks)

The very first batch we got have a silver color metal ring as shown in the amazon photos. In the near future, new batches will have a BLACK metal support ring via black silk print. (no ETA) We only have a few silver ones left. Hopefully you are ok manually coloring this silver ring to black if not using the CPL.

Maybe this flat black paint pen?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B008CVNZQK(I know a sharpie is no good, will look shiny purple and rub off)

Again we'll have new all black models when we are ready to restock at some point.

Sorry about the finger prints! I had to update the firmware, and change the language from Korean back to English. :) I have a nice white cloth ready for future customers to keep things professional. (thanks for letting me know)

Last edited:
Any luck for those of us that got stuck with the Korean model to get the metal part from the manufacture so we can install it ourselves? I was looking around for a thin shim washer that would fit but they all seem to be stainless steel in the size I would need.

@JazJon- no prints on the cam I received from you(was referring to OPs camera). There might of/have been a smudge(not sure..was more concerned about hooking it up and making sure it worked) but nothing that can't be easily wiped off. As stated, was great dealing with Roadcam/amazon. The wipe down after function check/FW update would be a good idea....especially due to price of the camera and how some people might react to smudges/prints on their "New" cam.

Last edited:
I just want to maybe point out renaming the thread to keep from scaring new buyers away from a quality camera thinking a knock off P2/S exist.

@JazJon- no prints on the cam I received from you(was referring to OPs camera). There might of/have been a smudge(not sure..was more concerned about hooking it up and making sure it worked) but nothing that can't be easily wiped off. As stated, was great dealing with Roadcam/amazon. The wipe down after function check/FW update would be a good idea....especially due to price of the camera and how some people might react to smudges/prints on their "New" cam.

I agree

Ok, I'm back. Sorry I didn't respond earlier. Had some very long work days. Anyways, the seller (shpkorea) and I have been messaging back and forth on Ebay. He has always been good with communications. He offered that I send the camera back, and he would send a CPL filter version instead. All in all, I believe the seller and I worked out a solution. In the end, I apologize, and now I don't think the camera I received was a fake. It was the genuine thing. However, as soon as I opened the box and saw smudges, no protective film, non-protected lens, that gave me red flags.

Mods/admin feel free to lock or delete this thread.

Thanks

iamdrumming

Mods/admin feel free to lock or delete this thread.
It's alright stuff happens. The thread might help other users who are looking at a P2 make sure they get the right version to fit their needs.

Maybe jut rename the thread title by clicking edit on your first post and looking under thread tools to something like How to make sure a filter fits on your P2 or something.

EDIT
no need to delete the thread, the info may be useful for others that have similar experiences that come looking for help, sharing is caring ;)
jokiin beat me to it more good information is always better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, the seller asked to me revise or delete it, and I can't do either.
You could maybe edit your post and type something like problem solved see page two and change the thread title by editing your very first post and clicking thread tools edit title in the top left

Back