PANORAMAII(II S) bought on Ebay. Getting screwed around by shpkorea (Ebay seller)

iamdrumming

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I bought the Panorama S through the Ebay link found on this site. Once it arrived, I noticed it didn't have any of the protective film usually found on electronics. It also had fingerprint smudges on it, looking like I was possible sent a used item. To top it off, the lens housing is supposed to be metal, so it can hold a magnetic CPL filter. The lens housing on mine is plastic, and of course doesn't hold the CPL filter I bought for it. I am hoping the manufacturer can rectify this asap.

Last edited:
that seller has the genuine product, I don't know that the lens housing is metal, just that there is a metal ring that the CPL filter can attach to (from what I understand), not certain on that as it's not a model I've looked at, did you get sent the S or the regular model perhaps?

I was sent the S model. My CPL filter does not stay on, as there is no metal to hold it. There's no place for the CPL filter to click in. It's strictly magnetic. The dash cam also had fingerprint smudges on it. The seller responded saying the smudges probably got there due to testing. They can't wear cheap gloves when testing?

nobody wears gloves when powering up and testing a camera, probably should have got a wipe over after they were done though

maybe post a pic of the camera and the filter you have and others with the same model camera might be able to compare and comment for you

nobody wears gloves when powering up and testing a camera, probably should have got a wipe over after they were done though

maybe post a pic of the camera and the filter you have and others with the same model camera might be able to compare and comment for you
I tried uploading some photos, but it keeps saying the file is too large.

1mb is the limit per attachment

upload elsewhere and provide a link if resizing isn't feasible

Try these.

Attachments

• 029.JPG
    029.JPG
    398.2 KB · Views: 74
  • 027.JPG
    027.JPG
    302.8 KB · Views: 51
  • 028.JPG
    028.JPG
    443.2 KB · Views: 49
Last edited by a moderator:
Is he the manufacturer as well or the seller on Ebay I bought it from?

Sungmoon Jang manufactures the product, he is not the seller though, if it turns out you have the Korea market version rather than the international version (whether your fault or theirs) that's something you'd need to take up with the seller, I didn't see anything in the description about it being an international version, if you notice in this ad the CPL filter is specifically mentioned as being supported https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00JFUU5OM the front looks different also

at face value I would say you have a Korean market version and there doesn't seem to be anything about the eBay ad to suggest otherwise, I'm no expert on this model though so perhaps someone that has these can clarify

Sungmoon Jang manufactures the product, he is not the seller though, if it turns out you have the Korea market version rather than the international version (whether your fault or theirs) that's something you'd need to take up with the seller, I didn't see anything in the description about it being an international version, if you notice in this ad the CPL filter is specifically mentioned as being supported https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00JFUU5OM the front looks different also

at face value I would say you have a Korean market version and there doesn't seem to be anything about the eBay ad to suggest otherwise, I'm no expert on this model though so perhaps someone that has these can clarify

Thanks for that Amazon link. I would think they shouldn't be selling the Korean market version to international buyers. The link I followed on this site should be changed then.

the version that takes a CPL filter is only new, the Korean seller has been a long time supplier of the product to export markets, I'm not sure that he gets the export version though as it was only recently done at the request of export market resellers from what I understand

I looked at the Ebay listing again, and it has pictures of both the international version (with the metal ring), and the Korean version (with the black ring and lettering). It looks like the international version has no lettering, only the metal ring.

I'm not up on the models enough to know the differences, first thing you should do is talk to the seller

based on where/who you purchased it from, I'd say it's genuine.

but as jokiin stated you probably received the version pictured. (but I did see a pic of the metal ring version at the bottom which can be confusing).

if you were local, I would trade my metal ring version since I don't plan on using the filter and the shiny metal is WAY to visible thru my windshield. (now I wish I had ordered from Korea instead of thru Jazjon/roadcam on amazon...but jazjon/roadcam were great to deal with)

I'd ask if they can swap for a "International version"(the one with a magnetic/metal ring).

Got mine yesterday....already hardwired with the "Multi Safer" and it's a sweet camera. Better than the Mini 0801 and Mobius(vid quality wise, incident button is nice) but you probably already know that.

The fingerprints are a little disappointing but at least you know they function checked or updated firmware before sending it out. (I doubt they did it to piss off a customer :)

@leftlanehog

Where did you purchase your camera from? Same reseller as @iamdrumming?

I was just about to place an order from ebay when I saw this thread, so now I'm waiting for confirmation if it was just an accident or whatever happened.

Back