PANORAMAII(II S) bought on Ebay. Getting screwed around by shpkorea (Ebay seller)

Initially Check lens purity.
And check the purity glass the machine.
If do not help.
It is necessary make adjustment the lens.

If the lens is scratched. Only replace him.

Not all good. I took the new camera for a ride, and the center to left side of the video is all blurry. Not good at all.

Can you share some raw videos, preferably made in daytime car park ( not underground car park ).

Here's a short video showing the blurriness. You can see it especially when I pull into the Walmart parking lot. The Walmart building is sees clearly on the right, and the cars in the parking lot on the left are blurry. My original Panorama S (non-CPL filter ready) isn't this blurry at all.

Recorded with a CPL filter. Made no difference with the CPL off or on. Blurriness remained on left side.
You can watch it in 1080P.

Last edited:
Here's a short video showing the blurriness. You can see it especially when I pull into the Walmart parking lot. The Walmart building is sees clearly on the right, and the cars in the parking lot on the left are blurry. My original Panorama S (non-CPL filter ready) isn't this blurry at all.

Recorded with a CPL filter. Made no difference with the CPL off or on. Blurriness remained on left side.

YT is not as original file, but some blur can be seen. Is it your windshield has scratches or lens ? Are the left side of lens clean from any geese ?
Still, if you have chance to share some raw / original video footage, it would be more helpful to see better details.

Yes, "soap" on the left side.

As I said, when I attach (to the same winshield of course) the original Panorama S, I don't get any blurriness. It has nothing do to with scratches/dirt on the windshield. The right side of the windshield has the same amount of dirt/scratches, and it is way clearer that the left side.The seller has been quiet about this so far. I'll see if I can upload more video later on. You can really see the blurriness when I pull into the Walmart parking lot. The Walmart building is clear (you can even see detail in the brick work), however the cars in the parking lot to the left are all blurry. The lens is 100% clean.

Last edited:
I tried uploading videos to this site, but it keeps saying the file is too large. I don't know how to upload raw video footage. I'll post them to Youtube for now. I'll upload it later on tonight.

Last edited:
I tried uploading videos to this site, but it keeps saying the file is too large. I don't know how to upload raw video footage. I'll post them to Youtube for now. I'll upload it later on tonight.

1mb limit to files uploaded here

best to use something like www.mega.co.nz and upload your file and just post a link

From original files I can see that there is some blur on the left side as you described earlier. It's not caused by focus, because if it would be out of focus, then whole picture would be blur. There is something else there, but what exactly, - can not say remotely just by looking at videos. Need close physical inspection.

Here's some video I recorded today with the first Panorama S (non-CPL filter version) the seller sent me. As you will be able to see, the video quality is great, and not blurry at all, so the problem is with my second Panorama S (CPL filter version), not the windshield, dirt on windshield, etc.

Youtube version:

Raw video:

https://mega.co.nz/#!RoNWWYqR!gdTVkm1z5FiNwzc_KsPhixnEhy9AYZ9ylEmdgJ-Xf8c

When comparing this video to the videos taken with my CPL filter version, you can definitely see the blurriness on the left side of the video.

I emailed the seller a couple of times about this blurriness issue, but he has not responded yet.

Last edited:
From original files I can see that there is some blur on the left side as you described earlier. It's not caused by focus, because if it would be out of focus, then whole picture would be blur. There is something else there, but what exactly, - can not say remotely just by looking at videos. Need close physical inspection.

It is focus problem. Yes, on left side only.
We have seen a lot of similar symptoms in other cameras. Lens is screwed into a "nut" which is glued/soldered to PCB. And the thread is loosing. It is so free, that you can destroy focus on any part of field or in the whole field of view without turning lens at all. You can move lens front part for about 0.5-1mm. It is much. Thar's why manufacturers use some sealing like glue.
I've seen it myself in Blackvue. It is possible to tune lens focus and seal it in proper position. But you will loose warranty, because you can't seal it without any marks.

I emailed the seller a couple of times about this blurriness issue, but he has not responded yet.

There was a long National Holiday in Korea. Maybe need to wait a little bit before seller processes all emails in order to get replay.

It is focus problem. Yes, on left side only.
We have seen a lot of similar symptoms in other cameras. Lens is screwed into a "nut" which is glued/soldered to PCB. And the thread is loosing. It is so free, that you can destroy focus on any part of field or in the whole field of view without turning lens at all. You can move lens front part for about 0.5-1mm. It is much. Thar's why manufacturers use some sealing like glue.
I've seen it myself in Blackvue. It is possible to tune lens focus and seal it in proper position. But you will loose warranty, because you can't seal it without any marks.

If lens is losen, its assembly mistake. Can you fix it yourself and share result if it helped?

I didn't check focus on my camera yet :)
Yes, it is easy to fix it, but clear marks of fixing will be present. It may void the warranty.

Just an update...

I returned the defective camera back to the seller today. Hopefully I'll get a good one back, or he'll issue a refund.

I would suggest mentioning that there is also a US based seller of this camera. If I had known, and not just followed the Ebay links, I would have purchased from them.

I would suggest mentioning that there is also a US based seller of this camera. If I had known, and not just followed the Ebay links, I would have purchased from them.

We just got a fresh batch in this past weekend. Thanks for reminding me to ask that Pier28 be added to that where to link. This is the 2nd time I read someone in North America imported one from over seas not knowing a local option existed.

Last edited:
If only I had known, I would have bought it from you. I'm think going to ask the Korean seller for a refund, and just buying it from you. It has been a headache like you wouldn't believe from day one.

Back