Parking mode: Auto event detection.

Dash cam headache

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi. I have the firmware 1.3 installed on my dash cam. I’m using the acc hardwire kit. My concerns are as follow.

1. In parking mode, auto event detection, ALL files are saved and protected/locked. The problem is, this would fill up the sd card fast in a high traffic area, therefore if files are protected, where else is it going to write to? Will it let the user know by beeping when it is full? Does it overwrite oldest protected files? Does it write over normal/unprotected files first then protected files? What is the order of operation? I don’t want to find out by experimenting or when I’m in an accident. I see one user by the name Valkyrie, who has done an overwriting test but I would like a definitive answer from Viofo.

2. My next concern in trying to address issue 1. Can I turn parking motion detection off but still keep the parking g sensor on in case of hit and run or collision? This would only then record events that causes movement to the car while in parking mode. Let me reword this: Is it possible to only record collision events while in parking mode? I get too many useless parking motion detected files that are protected/locked.

Overall still a great camera! May just need to turn off parking mode altogether until a solution comes along.

1. The camera overwrite the normal looping files first if the card is not full, while the card is full and the total locked file reached the limited space, will start to overwrite the locked files.
2. You can set parking motion detection sensitivity to low.
3. Only record the g-sensor trigged files, we have done some testing before, currently testing result does not meet our expectation, and we are afraid the camera will not record in some condition, that will cause more problems.
4. Low bitrate parking recording use less space, you can also have a try.

Reactions: gse
Back