Parking Mode Beta Firmware

Is power plugged directly into the camera? Are you running the beta firmware with the parking mode for the 3-wire kit?

Yes on both. For some reason it won't kick on parking mode even though I have it turned on. I've tried lowbit and motion and nothing. The minute the car shuts off the camera does as well. I have ACC power when car is off as my USB power still works. Also confirmed correct wire hook up.

I'm actually tired of waiting for these accessories. I should have just bought a SG DC to begin with as I have two in my other vehicles. Lesson learned I guess.

The minute the car shuts off the camera does as well
That means you only have power when car is running (ACC ON). It's bad wiring. Having ACC power when car is off is only for short duration. Most cars have a delayed off on ACC.
If you tell us what car it is and what fuses you piggybacked on maybe we can help.

Reactions: M83
The new firmware support 2 wires and 3 wire
Can FW detect 3 wires cable is connected and switch off 2-wire algorithm?

Last edited:
Can FW detect 3 wires cable is connected and switch off 2-wire algorithm?
That's exactly how it works. The algorithm is the same. Difference appears when using 2 wires and you turn off the engine than camera also turns off. With 3 wires camera stays on going into parking mode.

.. The algorithm is the same .. With 3 wires
By another words: can 2-wire algorithm (auto enter in park mode) happens while I driving with 3-wire ?
How I understand expected logic:
1) At a moment when engine switched in ON, FW detects ACC-wire (event: +5v on "id" pin #4),
2) FW programmatically triggers flag (a'la) lAutoParkMode2wire=.false.
3) 2-wire auto_alghoritm is more disabled.
Right ?

Reactions: Mtz
The minute the car shuts off the camera does as well. I have ACC power when car is off as my USB power still works.
So do you have accessory wire wired into an always on fuse? Accessory wire needs to turn off when car is off, while battery wire stays live. Are you sure you have this wired correctly?

Reactions: M83
I have the ACC wire tapped into my ACC 7.5 fuse and the power going into a 25 powered fuse. It's a 2019 Hyundai Sante Fe. I thought this is how I wired up my SG's, but maybe not. I'll look today to confirm and I can also try the SG in my new car and see if it works.

can 2-wire algorithm (auto enter in park mode) happens while I driving with 3-wire
I don't know. I didn't check it. 3 wire is in my wife's car and she has like no stops to work so it doesn't trigger until she parks.. 2 wire it's in my car and it works.
The only thing that I don't like with 3 wire is that with current beta firmware event detection is too sensitive (not adjustable) so it's triggered even by clouds in the sky.

.. The algorithm is the same .. With 3 wires
Have assembled on-table_test_stand (fullpin miniUSB jack, PowerBank, USB cable with additional wire from +5v through 5kOm and Park-Drive switch to miniUSB pin#4), using 1, 4, 5 pin.
1.jpg2.jpg DOC002949790.jpg

and have established:
1) FW detects 3-wire mode when VR starts and discovers BAT wire + ACC wire (on pin#4) and enter to Normal mode. VR shifts to normal Parking mode after pin#4 does lose +5v.
2) 2-wire auto enter in park mode is disabled with 3-wire supply.
3) GPS plate has only 4 pin connector with VR (Gnd, +5v, Rx, Tx) and does'nt have fifth pin for park signal, therefore ParkingKit works only through full-5pin miniUSB socket on VR body.

Shifting between park-drive modes is quite stable (switch delay = 7secs !).
I use 5fps timelapse, but 2fps option would be better...
Motion detection now is'nt convenient - extremally sensitive without setting.

As for me, I use alternative scheme without CarKit, because (1) already own more accurate+advanceed VicoPower and (2) my CAN-bus catches interference from impulse Kit (has a great problem with Concim Kit for 0906 on Infiniti):
ParkSch2.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
thanks all , for help, for home use and test is ok in that way ? HOME.jpg
i made it this way but i don't see parking mode

Later edit : Solved, working just fine , switching at 6-7 seconds. Thank you all again.

Last edited:
where i should make inversion, on fuse part or on 5v part for acc? rigt now all is iversed in my car, enter in parking mode when i start engine :)), thank you
You should not use yellow ACC "inverted" wire from 0906_CarCit. Instead of, create (aside) "direct" park-signal:
cut off both yellow wires from 0906CarCit, connect input ACC 12v yellow wire to 5v-adapter, connect adapter output to output yellow wire for pin#4 miniUSB. Do not forget about Gnd wire to adapter.
ParkSch1.jpg
Finally, 0906CarCit will profit you only by voltage controller and 5v adapter. Without park signal.

Last edited:
Back