Parking Mode Beta Firmware

2. Time Lapse Recording(1fps, 5fps, 10fps): Keep recording in time lapse mode
Hi, Viofo,
Is it possible to:
1) add in FW 2fps TimeLapse option - like in TH-F800 as optimal value for long parking recording ?
2) add setting of Camera_Motion_Detection sensitivity ?

Last edited:
I think 1fps, 5fps and 10fps already give us enough options?
1fps is not continuous enough, 5fps from the other side is already wastefull for SDcard space - for long parking recording scenario (1-2 days).
So 2/3fps inter-option would be optimal.

Last edited:
1fps is not continuous enough, 5fps from the other side is already wastefull for SDcard space - for long parking recording scenario (1-2 days).

98% of the people that use parking mode will have it attached to the car battery and it will never get to 1-2 days of usage.. the battery will be dead before then :)

Reactions: Mtz
1-2 days of usage.. the battery will be dead
Hmm, my auto with fresh AGM 90Ah battery keeps 2 day and then starts with 11,5v (controlled by Vico Power).
Except winter. But this season is not 98%, only 100/4=25% :).

Last edited:
@viofo let's add 3fps, it's right in a middle between 1 and 5. kind of a compromise.
smile3.gif

Hmm, my auto with fresh AGM 90Ah battery keeps 2 day and then starts with 11,5v (controlled by Vico Power).
Except winter. But this season is not 98%, only 100/4=25% :).

There are always exceptions :)

also let's ad parking mode without motion detection, only on shock g-senzor
or time lapse on motion detection in parking mode
another good thing will be in name of the file to put T (timelapse), or P (parking) M (motion)

Last edited:
98% of the people that use parking mode will have it attached to the car battery and it will never get to 1-2 days of usage.. the battery will be dead before then :)

In a Seat Cordoba with a 54 Ah battery, the camera has functioned in parking mode from friday evening till monday morning.
The engine has started with no stress.

Anyone know when the hardwire kit is coming, its now october....

Reactions: M83
Anyone know when the hardwire kit is coming, its now october....
We have started to send some samples out, for users need this urgently and also can help us to test the parking mode firmware can PM to get samples, we can send some out after Chinese national holiday.

In a Seat Cordoba with a 54 Ah battery, the camera has functioned in parking mode from friday evening till monday morning.
The engine has started with no stress.

Hmm.. Are you using the 3 wire kit? If so to what cutoff voltage do you have it set to?

I just got back from a 10 day holiday and looked through my A129's saved files and it stored files through the entire time! Battery didn't die or get to the low cut off point (Have 3 wire kit installed).

I just got back from a 10 day holiday and looked through my A129's saved files and it stored files through the entire time! Battery didn't die or get to the low cut off point (Have 3 wire kit installed).
That is really reassuring news - but all this if and when the kits do get to the seller.

Hmm.. Are you using the 3 wire kit? If so to what cutoff voltage do you have it set to?
The car has permanently powered socket. I don't have wire kit.

What is your voltage cutoff set to?

Tried the new Beta (0927).

"1. Fixed not exit parking mode while GPS speed is over 8KM/H", is not fixed.

Worked as it should (minus the stutter) when tested during the day. Switched to normal recording when I closed the door after entering the car. Kept sitting for more than 90 seconds for Parking Mode to kick in and then reversed out of the parking spot. Camera exited low-bitrate mode on going over 8 km/h. Gap of 7 seconds while switching from low-bitrate mode to normal recording.

But then later it didn't, kept recording in low-bitrate mode. Didn't switch to normal recording on coming back to the car and closing the door or when the speed went over 8 km/h.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TBXDhFZIFj_L6e93jsSuHFPp92W9MGq8

Screenshot 2018-10-04 at 12.51.38 AM.png
Screenshot 2018-10-04 at 1.02.14 AM-1.png

Last edited:
Back