Parking mode by cigarette lighter socket

Patratel

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Hello, I’m new here, did read few pages but did not find something exact.

My question: My car has always power in one of the two cigarette lighter socket even without key contact.

Is there any posibility to activate the parking mode and motion sensor without SGDCHW power cord ?

Maybe by a new firmware ?

Thanks in advance.

I know that, you're not tell me anything new. I try to find an easier mode. Could be implemented in the software a timelapse mode (1 FPS/sec) that require a low consumption ? Would be this difficult? Again, I have a live cigarette socket (always with current in it).

You could, in theory, have it run normally but using a normal 12v adapter with a voltage cut off circuit. No idea if anyone makes such a thing and the circuit, while simple enough, wouldn't be easy to make compact enough to be unobtrusive.

This wouldn't enable the parking modes and ensuring the reliability of the cut off circuit without leaving the car flat could require some experimentation in making.

Just get the kit and have a nice clean install and an easy life.

This i dont think will happen with any SG product, but others appear to run parking mode off a 2 wire setup.
In that case you just need G-sensor info to trigger and disengage parking mode, and have Discharge prevention ( of car battery ) in the camera itself, or on the 12 V between the cigarette lighter socket and the camera PSU or camera itself if it is 12 V.
I think Lukas / qvia still use this kind of operation, and other as well i assume, i cant recall if any of those use time lapse parking mode, but that really only make sense if it is a always on parking mode.

Back