Parking mode impact detection notification

wwwdash

Reaction score
Country
United States
Does the A229 provide any way of notifying you that an impact was detected during parking mode? I did like that feature with Blackvue, when you had an event and you got in the car it would say "an impact was detected during parking mode". Otherwise, you might miss the fact that somebody hit you.

No. I agree this would be a great feature to add, and realistic to implement.

Definitely agree. Would be one of the best features to have and I actually considered getting one of the Blackvues only for that.

No. I agree this would be a great feature to add, and realistic to implement.
Try to convince the manufacturer of this.
There is a separate thread for this.

Try to convince the manufacturer of this.
There is a separate thread for this.
I did get in my car the other day after the cam exited parking mode it said something like "files have been locked" I don't know if that was the impact of me loading stuff in the trunk. If so, that would be a great indication of the car being hit while in parking mode. It's only my 2nd day with this cam so there is much more to learn. If this is true then there would appear to be a verbal warning of impact during parking mode right?

Did the notification happen at the exact time you were loading your trunk? I get that notification if I slam a door.

UPDATE: the cam beeping twice(meaning it was not recording) was indeed because of a crappy SD card. I bought a 128GB Max Endurance formatted it with guiformat and the issue was resolved.
UPDATE: It would appear that during parking mode when there is an impact you will get a verbal "file locked" when the camera comes out of parking mode (when I get in the car) and these files go to the "RO" folder, anything movement related during parking mode goes to the "PARKING" folder (if you have auto detection on for parking mode" Not to get off topic, but my dashcam has this double beep as if its not recording and I have to hit the record button to enable recording, then 8 minutes later the double beep will come back and i have to hit rec again to start recording. Is this a glitch? It happens when im driving. Im guessing this is just a really crappy SD card that I have, I will report back if this goes away with a VIOFO/forum recommended SD CARD.

Last edited:
Not to get off topic, but my dashcam has this double beep as if its not recording and I have to hit the record button to enable recording, then 8 minutes later the double beep will come back and i have to hit rec again to start recording. Is this a glitch? It happens when im driving.
What memory card do you use?

Omg, change the memory card. You need an endurance strong brand. Check out the other threads to see what suits for A229.

Last edited:
Does the A229 provide any way of notifying you that an impact was detected during parking mode? I did like that feature with Blackvue, when you had an event and you got in the car it would say "an impact was detected during parking mode". Otherwise, you might miss the fact that somebody hit you.

I made this suggestion last year.
If the vehicle is going from parking mode to driving mode, it would be good to display audible and visual notifications on the screen when there is a locked file created in parking mode.
The reason is that sometimes it is not possible to navigate around the vehicle. so I thought it would make a good post.

As far as I understand, another brand of camera that I have never used and whose review I have not watched has this feature.

Omg, change the memory card. You need an endurance strong brand. Check out the other threads to see what suits for A229.
Thanks Dadi T, I thought i did some research on this card, but maybe that was 2 years ago ;(

I made this suggestion last year.
If the vehicle is going from parking mode to driving mode, it would be good to display audible and visual notifications on the screen when there is a locked file created in parking mode.
The reason is that sometimes it is not possible to navigate around the vehicle. so I thought it would make a good post.

As far as I understand, another brand of camera that I have never used and whose review I have not watched has this feature.
read what I wrote above in the "UPDATE" section, does that answer your question?

read what I wrote above in the "UPDATE" section, does that answer your question?
yes, there will be sound and visual when there is a blow. but my case is different. Maybe I misinterpreted.

Getting a warning in case of opening or closing the vehicle's door may be related to the sensitivity setting. Also try by choosing low sensitivity.

I will agree that the systems that do not give any form of notification that have occurred while parked are flawed in this regard.

On the other hand, depending on how you have your parking guard set up it might also be a nuisance, say you use motion detect, well when you get back yo your car you will probably hear " there have been 387 events "
And as you can not find any dent in your car, you will probably soon ignore that or turn it off.
So event notification should probably only be there if the G-sensor have been triggered, and i could use that even if i use always record low bitrate for parking guard, CUZ i still have G-sensor on too, just to actually detect / flag any actual events.
Which is nice even if i only use parking guard for 3 hours and so without G-sensor i only have 3 hours of footage to look thru to find the event.

TBH i will actually prefer a smart camera with instant notification to my phone, so i can react at once things happen.

I am right now going to look over my CCTV footage, CUZ someone have folded on my side mirror while my car was parked, not that it in itself matter but i am still curious who did it and then not just put the mirror back where it belong, CUZ it is someone that have walked in between my car and the bush i park right next to.

EDIT : Okay that mirror thing happened in the car wash yesterday, i just did not notice before now :)

I will agree that the systems that do not give any form of notification that have occurred while parked are flawed in this regard.

On the other hand, depending on how you have your parking guard set up it might also be a nuisance, say you use motion detect, well when you get back yo your car you will probably hear " there have been 387 events "
And as you can not find any dent in your car, you will probably soon ignore that or turn it off.
So event notification should probably only be there if the G-sensor have been triggered, and i could use that even if i use always record low bitrate for parking guard, CUZ i still have G-sensor on too, just to actually detect / flag any actual events.
Which is nice even if i only use parking guard for 3 hours and so without G-sensor i only have 3 hours of footage to look thru to find the event.

TBH i will actually prefer a smart camera with instant notification to my phone, so i can react at once things happen.

I am right now going to look over my CCTV footage, CUZ someone have folded on my side mirror while my car was parked, not that it in itself matter but i am still curious who did it and then not just put the mirror back where it belong, CUZ it is someone that have walked in between my car and the bush i park right next to.

EDIT : Okay that mirror thing happened in the car wash yesterday, i just did not notice before now :)
Yes, I do like that there is only a verbal when the G shock is used, and not just motion, that would be stupid. And yes, people do fold side mirrors for some reason, I had this happen in SF the other day...really odd, maybe they are being nice, and you can't catch everything. Even if you could see who it was, there is nothing you can do about it. These cameras aren't perfect, but they are great for emergencies, or vandalism. For example, I had a guy in front of me load up his KAYAK and destroyed the hood of my car, this is where the dash cam shines.

Well the reason i only use 3 hour parking guard is i have CCTV on my car at home, even if i live in a 2 floor town apartment ( rental ) i just put a PTZ camera on my balcony door.
Good thing is i film from above so nothing in the background, and system have AI motion detect so just human or vehicle shape set off notification to my tablet on the bedside table and phone ( off while i sleep )

Right now in #2 window on my computer i see this.
right now.jpg

Also it is pitch black down there, so even if my parking guard camera are recording as i type, well it would not see much.
There is a LED PIR sensor light, but it is on the building in front of the car, so it would only back light a vandal / thief approaching my car.

With the CCTV i have the option to react at once + play judge and jury,,,,, and executioner,,,, which i will have to do as Denmark are becoming a lawless state, as police sure as hell cant be bothered with car break in or vandalism
Fortunately i am old / old school so i will "play ball"

Back