Parking Mode Leads To Arrest

ChooChooMan74

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A119, Mini 0906
Stupid me, left my doors unlocked at work. I noticed that my tablet was touched when I went to go home. I immediately transferred the video. This is what I found (Parking mode slowed down to 1/4 speed). Took a few stills with VLC, transferred the video and stills to a USB thumb drive, and went to the PD. They immediately recognized the individuals. I have since changed the parking mode on my A129 from 2FPS to 5FPS.

It is nice when it is the usual suspects.

Betcha they're mighty surprised that they got caught. Where I live there's a lot of theft from "door checking" and it's not just cars. In the vid you can even see one turd checking the door on the building as they leave the scene. Glad they got nabbed- good job (y)

Phil

Looks like they took a few things from the white vehicle before entering yours. I hope stuff was recovered for you and the other victim.

You said your tablet was 'touched'. Do you mean moved, but not taken?

Obviously they didn't see, or want, the dashcam.

Looks like they took a few things from the white vehicle before entering yours. I hope stuff was recovered for you and the other victim.

You said your tablet was 'touched'. Do you mean moved, but not taken?

Obviously they didn't see, or want, the dashcam.
When I hopped in my truck, I found my tablet (use for waze and streaming music) had been disconnected from power and rotated 180 degrees. Almost like they had 2nd thoughts about taking it. Of course, I would be tracing that thing right away. Heck, my girl and I got split up in Boston when we went to rent a Transit Van, and that is how I knew where she was.

That white vehicle is a railroad vehicle for the Boston Transit. I reported it to Transit Police, too. But since it was on a town road, town police handled it.

Danes are notorious famous for not protecting their stuff, so people come from far away to steel stuff here and ship it back home by the container or van load.
Some parts of the country it is a cultural thing to not even lock your front door,,,, i mean come on how naive can you be :rolleyes:
Craft people, self employed or working for a firm better be damn careful where they park their van fill of lovely tools ASO, at this time i don't think there is just one single of those vans that have not been emptied at least 1 time.
Sadly beside for the people that get their stuff stolen, no one care much to fix this fairly simple problem, my solution would be simple, go Islamic on their punk asses and cuf off a hand = problem solved.

If there's a downside to using dashcams for security, it's in that the card and cam can both be taken leaving you with no evidence :( The newer "remote" cams can help if you hide the main unit well. Some Blackvue owners record to the cloud which would also help. It may be a good thing that here in the US that most people know little of dashcams or their theft would be more commonplace.

Phil

Back