Parking Mode Options inquiry

John11

Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
Hello,,

What options should I choose after hardwiring the dash cam into car's fuse box?

I'm hearing problems of the parking mode for A129 plus.

Most of the dashcams from the market are offering only Time-lapse mode for parking mode. If they are offering such option! So maybe it is better to use this mode also with your camera. 5FPS is the most used.
There are no problems with the Viofo parking mode, just some users are considering the Auto event detection is detecting too many motions or two less motions. You cannot satisfy them all so because of this Viofo is offering Time-lapse or Low bitrate mode. Of course also these modes will not satisfy everybody from the planet, some will complain the Time-lapse does not have sound or others will compain the Low bitrate is using too much space on the card.
For the best parking mode option Viofo should include an well trained small guy inside camera and he to manually start recording when see something bad around car.

Last edited:
Most of the dashcams from the market are offering only Time-lapse mode for parking mode. So maybe it is better to use this mode also with your camera. 5FPS is the most used.
There are four options inside the menu that is related to hardwiring, they are as follows:

Parking mode
Enter Parking mode timer
Time Lapse recording
Motion Detection

You have talked about one option, what about the other options? Shall I turn it off or something?

Time Lapse recording
Motion Detection
Are not for parking mode.

Parking mode
Use one of the 3 options

Enter Parking mode timer
This is good for some cars with Start-Stop.

Advice: try to read the user manual. You will learn many good things from there, most of your needed answers are there.

Back