Parking mode question

DeadEnd

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I was wondering what do you do with parking mode when you get home and plan on letting the car sit for a few days? Do you have to turn off the parking mode and turn it back on when you start using the car again?

On most cameras you can really long press the power button / some button to turn the camera completely off ( until you start your car again )
as you say no need to have parking guard going if you are parked way up your driveway or inside your garage.

you turn it off when you have stopped and the camera have changed to parking mode, my SG camera at least will then completely go black.

On the SG camera i use with parking guard, the hand over to parking guard are immediate when i turn off my car ( i think you can have a delay if you want )
So i just stop my car, and then as it is the SG9663DR i have i must long press the remote event button for 10 seconds or so.
There are 3 functions on the SG9663DR remote button. 1 short press = manual event create / 5 second press = wifi on / off and finally 10 second long press = camera off ( parking guard off )

When i start my car again everything are back to normal, so parking guard will then engage next time i stop and run for the 1 hour i have selected on the timer before it turn off.

If it's hardwired with an appropriate low-voltage-cutoff level selected I sometimes do nothing- the cam takes care of itself. This is not 'best practice' for the car battery, which prefers to be 'stored' at a higher voltage but over a weekend it's no big deal. Longer and I'll power the cam down.

Sometimes I find it easier to unplug a cam instead of powering down with a button. And I have some cams powered through a switch; just turn that off and all those wait for my next drive.

Just don't leave a cam running without low-voltage-cutoff, power down in whatever way works best for you.

Phil

I am going to use a battery pack but there is none capable of powering a dash cam for 3+ days while parked in the from of my house. The option of powering down seems much more convenient than having to go through the setup to turn off parking mode. FYI, planning on the U1000 still debating on the radar since it won't do what I want but then again if I have to shut it down anyway....

Yes if you had to enter the menus to turn off parking mode / the whole camera that would be a pain if you do that say every weekend.
On my DR camera i have the low voltage cut off set to 12.2, but with the 1 hour timer i use i will never get near that, and then i dont waste my new car battery on nothing.
At home i have CCTV on my parked car, as where it is parked it is pitch black at night, and the CCTV motion detect have AI so it alert me if it is a human shape or a car shape that have been near my car.

And it can pan / tilt / zoom so i can digitally stick my nose in everything out back, like when the red / yellow house the camera pan past here had a drug bust ( which are very relaxed here VS in the states )

Screenshot_2021-03-24-19-03-55-010_com.mm.android.DMSS.jpg

Yes if you had to enter the menus to turn off parking mode / the whole camera that would be a pain if you do that say every weekend.
On my DR camera i have the low voltage cut off set to 12.2, but with the 1 hour timer i use i will never get near that, and then i dont waste my new car battery on nothing.
At home i have CCTV on my parked car, as where it is parked it is pitch black at night, and the CCTV motion detect have AI so it alert me if it is a human shape or a car shape that have been near my car.

And it can pan / tilt / zoom so i can digitally stick my nose in everything out back, like when the red / yellow house the camera pan past here had a drug bust ( which are very relaxed here VS in the states )

View attachment 55969
I really wish I could add a CCTV, I am thinking about adding a large flower pot with plastic flowers and CCTV. Wonder if the association would notice...;)

Yes, long press of the power button on my VIOFO A129 Pro Duo shuts it completely off, then it auto starts when I next time start the vehicle. I do this every time I park in the garage.

Back