Parking mode suggestion

KolobokM

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Hello Viofo! Your DVRs would be ideal in terms of parking protection, but they lack one important feature:

Files, depending on the recording mode, should be saved in different folders. That is, it should be possible to allocate an individual amount of space on a map to a particular mode.
When overwriting, files of the mode whose place was filled should not be overwritten by other recording mode. That is, the driving mode should not overwrite the parking mode!

This is exactly what is implemented in the BlackVue, Vugera, Lukas, ThinkWare, etc. DVRs.
0hatoprs.png

For example, the situation:
I left the supermarket with groceries, loaded everything and went to the cottage, parked, drank, ate, slept and the next day I just noticed damage to the car. I check the DVR, and the parking files are already overwritten by the road files to the cottage and new parking..

Please add space allocate feature for 119 and 129 models.

PS: Timelapse mode - bad idea, because there are few frames and a big risk of not seeing the details of the event...

While the regular files and parking mode files are in the same folder, Viofo has said they have their own loop overwriting. Regular files should not be overwriting parking mode files.

where is the information from?

Why don't you check it yourself? On A129 Pro it works like that, so I suppose A119V3 will work the same.

So do parking files ever get overwritten? Seems like you would run out of regular space as the parking files accumulate.

So do parking files ever get overwritten? Seems like you would run out of regular space as the parking files accumulate.
Parking mode files get overwritten by more parking mode files when parking mode files are using 30% of the space available to the recording folder. They will never use more than 30%.

At least that is what happens on the A129, I've not tested the A119.

Parking mode files get overwritten by more parking mode files when parking mode files are using 30% of the space available to the recording folder. They will never use more than 30%.

At least that is what happens on the A129, I've not tested the A119.

It proof? Can you tell more? The manufacturer has never said such

It proof? Can you tell more? The manufacturer has never said such
I have tested it on the A129 Pro, so I know it works. The parking mode files and normal recording files are two separate loops and will not over record each other. Although I expect the manufacturer will change the rules for the next firmware update, so there is little point going into the details because they will change.

Do you think the manufacturer will remove this feature?

The parking mode files and normal recording files are two separate loops and will not over record each other.

Is it for timelapse and motion detection modes both?

Yes, in general for any parking mode selection. There are currently only 2 loops, 1 loop for normal recording and the other one for parking.

Do you think the manufacturer will remove this feature?
No, they are only improving it and making it more reliable.

I think for both, but I have only tested low bitrate and motion detection modes, I don't recommend timelapse for normal use, there is no audio and it doesn't save space compared to low bitrate, also gives the chance of missing things between frames.

Yes, in general for any parking mode selection. There are currently only 2 loops, 1 loop for normal recording and the other one for parking.
And one for locked files in the RO folder, although I have never tested that one.

So how about emergency loop (event)?

So how about emergency loop (event)?
The locked files, from g-sensor impact or pressing the lock button go in the separate RO subfolder, which has its own loop, which should also be of limited size.

Not everything to with the g-sensor in parking mode works perfectly with the current firmware, but should do in the next.

Can you say details?
No, there was a bit of an argument on one of the threads about what was actually not working properly, but I don't recommend trying to read it because you wont end up any more knowledgeable!

If you are buying one now then a firmware update will be along soon, some people already have beta versions for testing, so the issues with the older firmware are not really relevant. The new one has significant upgrades to the file handling.

And one for locked files in the RO folder, although I have never tested that one.

Interesting, I was under the impression that the files in the RO folder cannot disappear, hence the name. Will need to keep that in mind.

Back