Pics that make you smile

Zurich airport yesterday.
The three planes of Angela Merkel, François Hollande and Iron Maiden side by side.
View attachment 23571

...sad part, they all (except Iron Maiden) were here for the grand opening of the "Gotthard Basistunnel" (new train-tunnel below the alps (Gotthard-Axis)). Neither Merkel nor Hollande could travel by train, as neither SNCF (french railroad) nor DB (the germans) can ensure an arrival according the timetable...

But I'm somewhat shocked, normaly, Merkel travels with an A300 not a small GulfStream (or is that a Lear?)??

child accidentally gets into gorilla cage, innocent gorilla is killed.
paedo actively stalks, grooms then abuses many children...

...the sad moment you realize that you don't just feel old, but you actually ARE old; because a foto from museum-exhibits trigger the memory when you were waiting one of the phones has been released to customers...

post2.jpg
This was the first one I ever worked with: a Motorola.

45499547.cached.jpg
My father bought it 2nd hand and it cost 100.000.00 escudos (the equivalent to today's 500€)! THIS one makes you feel old. :p

Last edited:
...first mobile phone I had to do with, has been the "Natel C" (C-Band) from 1987; built in in my father's car, looked similar to the above one, but was a bit bulkier...

60785582a72b392bfcf70f92442db256.jpg

(similar device, I should mention)

Not everyone could afford a wireless phone. Some wanted to appear that they had one anyway.

This is actually a 40 channel cb.

Looks alot like the SE225 I had to schlep around at the 30km-march back in my army-time... (of course: as an addition to the normal backpack)

se-225.jpg

...sort of impressive, heavy motherf... with almost no range, IF the small antenae has been used... Even back then, officers used their cellphones instead of the radio... Far better range, quality, and reliability ;-)

Not everyone could afford a wireless phone. Some wanted to appear that they had one anyway.

This is actually a 40 channel cb.

...in areas like Switzerland, CB was not much use due to the geography; so many changed to the early mobilephones...

So sad that "CB-radio" is dead (in europe), as finally, it is finally allowed to own and use a CB-device without special license...

Mobiltelefonens evolution thats Danish

B&O should make a phone much more exclusive than a fruit phone, and make it here to ensure it will carry a hefty price tag.

PS i have a fjew radios and antennas in long time storage 26 - 30 MHZ and a couple of Dualbands where one have the VFO unlocked.

The 26 - 30 MHZ radio is allso a unlocked 27 MHZ radio.

Last edited:
That do look expensive.

...first mobile phone I had to do with, has been the "Natel C" (C-Band) from 1987; built in in my father's car, looked similar to the above one, but was a bit bulkier...

My father's wasn't the one I posted earlier, it was the big one on the right: a 1991 GSM Motorola.
1024px-GSM-Telefone-1991.jpg

I had one similar to this also

My first one was installed in my car in the 80's as well. They certainly have come a long way.

I was in the industry at the time of the closure of the analogue networks and there were all these die hard Nokia 101, 121 owners protesting to the government not to go digital as they thought their handsets were the be all and end all, guess they probably feel a bit silly these days

This was my first mobile phone. I didn't have to worry about roaming charges. The string broke easily.

tincantelephone_7099.jpg

The first Nokia cell phone I bought lasted 3 years, the next one, one year....then dropped off into the smartphone black hole, where somehow you need to buy a new one every 1-2 years.

(OK, a few have committed suicide by drowning........I won't mention the body of water.)

Back