Pics that make you smile

Are there any rules regarding what can be posted

You should also get a slap on the wrist before anything major happen, i have been across that line a few times in this thread. :D

You have to try hard or be really stupid to get a ban without a warning here on DCT which I think is a good thing :) But yeah, it is best to restrict words and images to things which would not be considered bad for kids and ladies to be exposed to ;)

Phil

You dont need to have a driver,,,,,, but you better put in a dashcam.

https://www.texastribune.org/2017/0...way-driverless-cars-texas-roads-and-highways/

But here is the hidden problem: "requires driverless vehicles used on highways be capable of complying with all traffic laws, be equipped with video recording devices and be insured just like other cars. It also makes the manufacturer responsible for any broken traffic laws or car wrecks, as long as the automated driving system hasn’t been modified by anyone else."

It has nothing to do with capability, it is what actually occurs that matters. People are capable of driving safely but many don't and this wording is a huge loophole which corporate lawyers will take full advantage of when (not if) a problem occurs :( More proof that politicians are generally stupid :mad:

And it still doesn't address the ultimate problem of personal responsibility for one's actions. If I carelessly run over your kid I go to jail, but if a system I design for a corporation does it nothing bad is required to happen to me nor can I normally be put in jail for that, so there is not an equal motivation to be absolutely safe no matter what. And that is clearly wrong but is currently the law in the US :oops:

Phil

At 5 this morning the Danish police pulled over a crashed DUI ( head on crash with other car ), and while the 2 cops pushed his crashed car off the road he stole the police car and crashed it too.

44c5f3f7-c904-4734-9513-38cf820c460b.jpg

He then escaped on foot and are now beeing searched by K9 units - more cops and 2 helicopters.

Underline the general levels of incompetence we operate under here :rolleyes:

The might have misunderstand when you use the handcuffs or there just forgot them at home on the bedpost.

At 5 this morning the Danish police pulled over a DUI, and while the 2 cops pushed his crashed car off the road he stole the police car and crashed it too.

I'm waiting for the first driver-less Indy 500. It's coming! :droid:

dims.jpg

Four 300kW motors - 320KPH (199MPH) - 540kW battery - two radars, five laser-powered LIDAR detectors - six AI-driven cameras - two optical speed sensors and 18 ultrasonic sensors.

Last edited:
But here is the hidden problem: "requires driverless vehicles used on highways be capable of complying with all traffic laws, be equipped with video recording devices and be insured just like other cars. It also makes the manufacturer responsible for any broken traffic laws or car wrecks, as long as the automated driving system hasn’t been modified by anyone else."

It has nothing to do with capability, it is what actually occurs that matters. People are capable of driving safely but many don't and this wording is a huge loophole which corporate lawyers will take full advantage of when (not if) a problem occurs :( More proof that politicians are generally stupid :mad:

And it still doesn't address the ultimate problem of personal responsibility for one's actions. If I carelessly run over your kid I go to jail, but if a system I design for a corporation does it nothing bad is required to happen to me nor can I normally be put in jail for that, so there is not an equal motivation to be absolutely safe no matter what. And that is clearly wrong but is currently the law in the US :oops:

Phil
Actually I am a little bit cautious about these driver-less cars.
With all these fancy gadgets cumming out, car are continuously being hacked.
https://www.wired.com/2014/08/car-hacking-chart/
Until now women have claimed ownership to the line "Payback is a bitch" but can you imagine reprimanding your 12 year old?
Afterwards you decide to go out in your state of the art driverless car & your little smart alec decides to hack into your car & give you a joy ride you will never forget?

I heard Panos will be racing a all electric nest year at Le Mans,,,, with a driver.

So Panos go from being the last good sounding car at Le Mans to the first car with no sound at all.

At 5 this morning the Danish police pulled over a crashed DUI ( head on crash with other car ), and while the 2 cops pushed his crashed car off the road he stole the police car and crashed it too.

44c5f3f7-c904-4734-9513-38cf820c460b.jpg

He then escaped on foot and are now beeing searched by K9 units - more cops and 2 helicopters.

That happens here once every couple years, and even with handcuffs applied :eek: The Cops use the excuse that they must leave their car running so that all their equipment doesn't run the battery down :p It would be a very simple matter to install a switch that cuts non-essential equipment power to allow for engine-stopped operation but that is too simple a concept for them to understand :mad:

Phil

View attachment 31603

Four 300kW motors - 320KPH (199MPH) - 540kW battery - two radars, five laser-powered LIDAR detectors - six AI-driven cameras - two optical speed sensors and 18 ultrasonic sensors.
Now that will be interesting technology to follow. (y)

Everything is being hacked and often in a bad way, and that will continue until we start chopping heads of hackers.

As you can probably gather i am no big fan of hacking for evil at least.

You should also get a slap on the wrist before anything major happen, i have been across that line a few times in this thread. :D
Banned once o/
:)

View attachment 31603

That's super cool! But a novelty at best.

No one would want to watch machines racing. The 'human' factor is everything.

We don't know yet whether it would be a fad or a new form of sport. In the end it will be a battle of AI prowess and hardware tech so the "human factor" may be the programmers and technicians. The entertainment appeal may be watching an AI competition of feats of driving prowess that humans can't achieve. Who knows, time will tell. Never say never as they say. In the meantime, I find this stuff fascinating. :)

EDIT: One future possibility might be human drivers going up against AI drivers - man vs machine!

It will be a bit like scale electric, just on a much larger scale.

But only a human can handle unforeseen events, and until machines become equally sentient that will always hold true ;) I very deeply fear Hal 9000 becoming a reality :eek:

Phil

Back