Pics that make you smile

You dont need to have a driver,,,,,, but you better put in a dashcam.

https://www.texastribune.org/2017/0...way-driverless-cars-texas-roads-and-highways/

I can't say I like this idea at all! Like most any form of government be it state/county/Federal that stick their noses into things there is usually a tremendous gap in the reality of things. For driverless vehicles, I expect they will rely on development techniques, like on the road development meaning how many people will get killed or maimed to meet Government regulations?
For instance the software companies are famous for allowing the public to debug their programs! When is the last time you heard a big company like Microsoft as an example being told by the government to mature their programs before offering to the public!

Why even contemplate such a thing, it's stupid! Can you even imagine a New York taxi cab without a driver or long haul truck driver!

Why don't they try to develop something that really makes sense and helps the people all over the world. Like a pill that makes people stop and think before they do anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The guy that stole and trashed the police car have been found,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, dead.

I cant say i have a problem with that as his decision making on the day was less than desirable for a person i would like to share life with.

Actually I am a little bit cautious about these driver-less cars.
With all these fancy gadgets cumming out, car are continuously being hacked.
https://www.wired.com/2014/08/car-hacking-chart/
Until now women have claimed ownership to the line "Payback is a bitch" but can you imagine reprimanding your 12 year old?
Afterwards you decide to go out in your state of the art driverless car & your little smart alec decides to hack into your car & give you a joy ride you will never forget?

I took this from the above link:
"Miller and Valasek also recommend automakers think about more actively foiling hackers. For their talk, the hacker duo has created a prototype of an intrusion detection system for cars–a $150 device that plugs directly into a vehicle's network to monitor and block suspicious commands."

Well isn't that just great! The entire computer industry has been trying to do just that for the last 40 years! How do you think it will work out for them?

"Maybe I need to become half man, half machine, so I can destroy them all."

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Nope, make it 1/3 machine, 1/3 man, 1/3 dash cams , we want to see the results :eek::D.

"Miller and Valasek also recommend automakers think about more actively foiling hackers. For their talk, the hacker duo has created a prototype of an intrusion detection system for cars–a $150 device that plugs directly into a vehicle's network to monitor and block suspicious commands."

Well isn't that just great! The entire computer industry has been trying to do just that for the last 40 years! How do you think it will work out for them?
I wish them the best of luck, if they can develop a piece of software that is hacker proof they will become instant millionaires overnight.
I am a little bit skepitc though,
Look at JP Morgan, how did hackers get into their software & still remain there for three months undetected?
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/b/8209b208-2838-4dc5-84e8-1c6d0f2e879d

Now how long do you think a car will remain hacker proof once a criminal one of those devices in his hands & start examining the hardware & software?

88a829bea770dab85349be48345b10c2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

This commercial is banned is USA, but why?

Don't teach kids grow hormone in milk is a bad thing.

Lawsuit says dairy ads portray bovine growth hormone rbST as a six-eyed monster.

The lawsuit is made by Elanco which produce the rbST
I wish them the best of luck, if they can develop a piece of software that is hacker proof they will become instant millionaires overnight.
I am a little bit skepitc though,

that's not being skeptical. that's being realistic.

carmakers have never had to deal with security beyond keys for the doors and ignition. transponder (aka "chip") keys have helped a little, but not really that much. cars still get stolen.

the problem is, the engineers don't see the harm in connecting EVERYTHING to the CAN bus of the car (the car's internal network). even things that have no business being on the CAN bus, like the entertainment systems. the more interconnected things are, the more likely they'll be hacked.

engine management, airbags, brakes, etc etc has NO business being connected to a wireless network. carmakers don't seem to understand that. they need to stay on their own, completely isolated and airgapped network, just like they have been for years. mechanics don't NEED wireless access to stuff. the OBD-II port is already proven and works perfectly for mechanics and such. and if a hacker has access to the OBD-II port (typically under the bottom edge of the dashboard), well, you're screwed anyway. as has LONG been stated in the computer world, when a hacker has physical access to a machine, not much will stop them. if they can only attempt intrusion from the outside (network/internet), then at least you have a pretty good chance of stopping them.

This $150.00 device sounds an awful lots like what is otherwise known as a firewall, if you ask me. Firewalls can be effective and useful but certainly not bulletproof, especially if someone with the right tools and skills wants in.

The more interconnected things are, the more likely they'll be hacked.
engine management, airbags, brakes, etc etc has NO business being connected to a wireless network.
When it comes to wireless networks, hackers are more interested in cloning.
They are continuously creating new listening devices.
The only thing the criminal wants Joe smith to do is press his remote.
Once the criminal's computer has read the Joe Smith's remote's code he should be able to get into Joe Smith's car & drive away.
Now with these driverless cars, how long will it be before a criminal can sit at home, start your car & drive it to where ever he wants it.
Even worse. steals the car while some high profile person is sitting inside it & drives that person to some place where it is safe fore him to be kidnapped?

What happened to those flamethrowers under cars to grill car jackers ?

I will not be going to South Africa to pick up my Marauder, they will have to ship it up here.

You soon gonna need that, when you drive in the bad ghettos in Denmark.:D

I will not be going to South Africa to pick up my Marauder, they will have to ship it up here.

here.
There were talks about installing those flame throwers in BMWs a few years back but then they decided against it, they never gave a reason.

I will not be going to South Africa to pick up my Marauder, they will have to ship it up
There aren’t enough police officers in the country most probably because government is filling their pockets with tax payer’s money & when criminals get caught they get treated like kings in prison.
A large portion goes to the president’s Nkandla.
I can’t tell you what we call it otherwise I will definitely be barred from this forum,:eek: in anycase, the female anatomy has a lot more value than a piece of land with a fire pool.:)

There is a place in Gauteng called Krugersdorp West. That we joke about.
They say that you can’t drive slower than 60km/h otherwise the children will steal your hub caps off your wheels.
They also say that they have to tie the children on chains otherwise the children bite the dogs. :ROFLMAO:

These people are insurance agent, that show how fast there can strip a car apart.
I have heard that the criminals can strip everything so that there is only a shell left within 30 minutes, although it looks like they might be able to do it faster than than that.

O i see you have the same problems down there :(

It is so sad, but what can you do when people vote for such people, and apparently ask for no more than what we got, which is a fraction of what we could have if our systems wasent made so weak by stupid people voting.

Sadly it also seem the South African company that make the Marauder will not sell it to individuals :( too bad as i would like one much more than any Italian sports car.

Back