Pics that make you smile

hehe yeah they really go at it at that border crossing. :D

Pomp and circumstance.

Nice try China

jMrPk.jpg

What does "assembery" mean? The term of the word in this case, not the spelling. Putting clubs in the bag?

What does "assembery" mean? The term of the word in this case, not the spelling. Putting clubs in the bag?
I'm pretty sure the intended word was 'assembled'.

I'm pretty sure the intended word was 'assembled'.
Well, I'm pretty sure that the intended word was "assembly"*, which is even worse! :D

*- Try pronouncing it with a Chinese accent and you'll see what I mean. ;)

ha ha driver came too late, and now i wonder for how long that light in the dash have been on.

@DT MI-
Substitute a numeric "0" for the letter "o". I'm on a forum where the auto-censor does that kind of thing excessively so we all use w0rk@round$ too f0ol !t.

Phil

@DT MI-
Substitute a numeric "0" for the letter "o". I'm on a forum where the auto-censor does that kind of thing excessively so we all use w0rk@round$ too f0ol !t.

Phil
Good idea - the word I was trying to enter is 'peac0cks'. :D

Well i have never tasted a doughnut, and then go " i got to get me some more of that"

But i am a sucker for berliner pfannkuchen which is just about the same, but without a hole.
berliner-ppfannkuchen.jpg

Another fun fact.

What the Americans call "a Danish" or Danish pastry, we call it "wienerbrød" ( viennabread ) and it date back to a strike among bakers here way back then, we then got Austrian bakers up there and they bring with them some traditional Austrian stuff.

And hey presto the mess is complete.

This have been a update to your storage of useless information :D

Last edited:
Well i have never tasted a doughnut, and then go " i got to get me some more of that"

But i am a sucker for berliner pfannkuchen which is just about the same, but without a hole.

Another fun fact.

What the Americans call "a Danish" or Danish pastry, we call it "wienerbrød" ( viennabread ) and it date back to a strike among bakers here way back then, we then got Austrian bakers up there and they bring with them some traditional Austrian stuff.

And hey presto the mess is complete.

Thanks for the information. Just something else to rattle around up there :D

Here in Portugal they're called Berlin Balls and they have custard cream inside instead of berry jam. Oh, and we have people selling them during Summer, on the beaches. :p

This has been an update of kamkar1's useless information. :D

yeah custard too, but i prefer the ones with jam of some sort.
Here they are mostly sold close to X-mas, so i an chomping at the bit to get some soon. :D

The original "berliner pfannkuchen" translate from German as Berlinner pancakes ,in short we just call them Berliner here, though most Danes have a fair knowlege of German as we still have that language forced upon us in school.

Seem like these are a populer German export commodity :)

What German and Dutch ppl eat on the beaches in summer is a lot more exotic as far as i know :p In Sweden they eat fermented herring and thats some nasty stuff i am told ( hardly eat fish myself )

Having a go at fermented herring from Sweden.

What German and Dutch ppl eat on the beaches in summer is a lot more exotic as far as i know :p
Not when they come here. They're the biggest consumers of Berlin Balls (at least the Germans) in Portuguese beaches. :D

Here's a sample of this irresistible piece of sin:
Bola de Berlim.jpg

And one of the Algarve's most famous beach sellers:

Bolas de Berlim na praia.jpg

:)

Last edited:
Back