OP
kamkar1

kamkar1

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
:eek: I think you will at least need one of those 1000 FPS Sony phones in a waterproof case.

Raptor1956

Reaction score
Country
United States
1/6000 of a second seems impossibly fast. If the max motion was just 25mm it would be moving at an average speed of 150m/sec or 540kph and the peak speed might be twice that. I'm thinking there estimate is off by a factor of ten or so. It would be nice to see a real slo-mo video so you could actually measure things. Still, that is one fast mofo...

Brian

OP
kamkar1

kamkar1

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
Yeah don't want to square off with it on six shooters. even if its just half as fast with its hands.
Mantis shrimp pack a punch too, scale it up and it would be the 2 inch punch of death.

OP
kamkar1

kamkar1

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
(y) for careing

OP
kamkar1

kamkar1

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
Yeah nice footage, i hope they dident have that camera dangling under a quadcopter but rather a real helicopter.
It is also easy to see some places of downtown Tokyo have more light at night than Denmark have in the daytime on several days thru out the year.

But nice "little" camera, with the right lotto win i might snag one to to capture my travels thru out the world.

Dashmellow

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
numerous
Yeah nice footage, i hope they dident have that camera dangling under a quadcopter but rather a real helicopter.
It is also easy to see some places of downtown Tokyo have more light at night than Denmark have in the daytime on several days thru out the year.

But nice "little" camera, with the right lotto win i might snag one to to capture my travels thru out the world.
One reason the street views look so bright and clear in the footage is that the RED MONSTRO 8K has an amazing 17+ stops of dynamic range!

Mozzie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Mini 0826 (melted), Shadow 1s, A119, B1W, A119S

Dashmellow

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
numerous
I don't own any TV or monitor to experience 4K video, much less 8K.
Sorry @efoo I meant to reply to your post sooner. I don't have a 4K monitor either but you don't need a super high resolution monitor to enjoy the video I posted. On YouTube, just select the resolution that matches your current monitor using the little gear icon at the bottom right hand corner of the window. The video will still look pretty impressive.

resolutions.png

OP
kamkar1

kamkar1

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
I default to 4K on youtube, but my monitor are just 1080p

Funny thing that video in 8K run fine on my computer, but 4K footage uploaded by mere mortal people often pause and buffer, and then youtube have the audacity to suggest i might have a problem with my connection, and every time i have checked that and i never have a problem.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DashcamDPR Off Topic 4
DrekiTech Off Topic 2