Pics that make you smile

I know we got our problems too.

a4b2124ea2eae92b4d179dd3fe4d82ad25c12546.jpg

4861da7ea5204eae1bfe6a547adf636ed5baee69.jpg

bcaa7f29d3a44d08d22205f1cf9331b757d79898.jpg

a2467ccd5cf65ada1aa58ba9d9fe470471ccb029.jpg

A cone bett4er be careful what it wish for.
a92d3ceb1a7970cff97588f8ad4b227d494384c4.jpg

d49e97784875d7b1e60f9c5eb025363a00bfbfa9.jpg

Do not worry the wait is over soon.
6656f333677f021eb7e69aeb3f983d34b1bfcfa6.jpg

This sign is in the restaurant Maggie's Diner where WILD HOGS was filmed. Madrid, NM.

May be an image of text that says WELCOME TO Madrid MADRID HAS NO TOWN DRUNK, WE ALL TAKE TURNS

357386126_710090731152362_9157347565142389782_n.jpg

Due to several programs on my PC giving me the run around, well i decided to do a reinstall of windows.

Guess who forgot to once again backup his bookmarks in his browser. :oops:

Due to several programs on my PC giving me the run around, well i decided to do a reinstall of windows.

Guess who forgot to once again backup his bookmarks in his browser. :oops:
Don't you back up your computer?

I clone my computer several times a month using two different methods on a rotation of several hard drives. If I were to delete or lose a file or folder I need I can simply retrieve the most recent copy from one of the drives.

I learned my lesson many years ago living here on a mountain when my computer got zapped by lightening that destroyed my modem, motherboard and damaged a drive. The machine was heavily defended but the surge snuck in through the phone line from a line that apparently got hit miles away. I did have a back-up on DVD but I still lost a lot of files, so now I don't take any chances.

Last edited:
No i never learned that, though it is also extremely rare i have lost data, and even more rare i have list data that was important in any way.

But my bookmarks those i pretty much always forget, so once again i had to use a old set of those to get started.
Fortunately i do not have a lot of those, so it is more a question of getting the UN and passwords for various sites going again in the browser.

As it was software that got me, well i assume it was that, the 2 programs that bothered me i tried to delete first, and then reinstall them again, but they persisted in doing the same, so one would not launch and the other would launch but kept adding 1/2 minute long freeze frames to my video edit projects, and several at random places, which i absolutely do not get at all.
In pinnacle studio 26 that do it, i can cut and mic ASO but when i try to speed up parts of a video it do that stuff.

After my reinstall of windows power director 17 is working again, so i am in no hurry installing pinnacle 26 again, even if i paid good money for the damn thing.

Regarding my bookmarks, well the exported file of those if only a couple of years old, there are more bookmarks in there i need to remove than new ones i need to add.
Fortunatly i know all the sites by heart, so just the damn log in stuff i need to get over,,,,, and right now kickstarter will not let me in, and they are not able to send me a link so i can restore my password on the account.

One cool thing is that I run Windows as a virtual machine on my Mac. It feels just like any other Windows computer except that the whole thing lives in a folder on my hard drive. If something goes wrong or I were to get a bad malware infection all I need to do is throw away the folder that the VM is in and drag a recent copy over from one of my clones and I am immediately up and running on a fresh copy of my Windows system with all my files on it.

I used to use Parallels Desktop for Mac but they just jacked the price way up for a yearly subscription so I switched to VMware Fusion which is free for personal use. In certain ways it works better than Parallels and unlike some other VM options I could import my Parallels VMs without having to do a new install.

I think if i was able / into running a VM, i would spend my days driving Indian scammers insane instead of people in here :)

I think if i was able / into running a VM, i would spend my days driving Indian scammers insane instead of people in here :)

Recently, I got a call that appeared on my caller ID to be from our local hospital where I had some tests. The guy on the phone had a heavy Indian accent and he was trying to convince me that he was calling from Microsoft and they had found a virus on my machine that he would help me remove if I gave him access to my computer and paid him a fee. This wasn't the first time I've gotten a call like this from India and so as a result I keep a list of some REALLY foul curse words and insults in Hindi that I found on the internet that I rattled off to him in short order! :LOL: He seemed so shocked he didn't even hang up right away, he just went slack jawed silent. :smuggrin:

Last edited:
Recently, I got a call that appeared on my caller ID to be from our local hospital where I had some tests. The guy on the phone had a heavy Indian accent and he was trying to convince me that was calling from Microsoft and they had found a virus on my machine that he would help me remove if I gave him access to my computer and paid him a fee. This wasn't the first time I've gotten a call like this from India and so as a result I keep a list of some REALLY foul curse words and insults in Hindi that I found on the internet that I rattled off to him in short order! :LOL: He seemed so shocked he didn't even hang up right away, he just went slack jawed silent. :smuggrin:
My favorite thing (if I have the time and inclination) when one of these scammers calls is to fire up my Linux machine (or Linux under a VM) and just go along with them. Drives them absolutely crazy when Windows commands don't work. :ROFLMAO: (Yeah, I know - I'm evil and sadistic. :wacky: )

There is a video of one of those anti scammers, letting them loose on a win 3.1 machine, they do not get it at all, thinking it is linux :ROFLMAO:

I'm also a backup junkie.

I have quite a few SyncBack profiles that automatically backup all important areas on a regular daily schedule.

I also run AOMEI backupper monthly. Of all the full drive backup tools AOMEI is the only one that has been used in anger and has worked every time. I did run TrueImage years ago but dumped it after many reports of it failing to restore when needed.

Then, the important one. I perform a monthly full backup and Synback to large external SSD's that are then immediately disconnected so if anything gets in and messes with all connected drives the externals are safe.

Delayed July 4 celebrations.

Moved 5 days due to poorer than Usual Danish summer weather, big success, Saturday was hot, barely a wind ( good for me shooting 75 M targets with my .177 air rifle )
Okay we also had to do a little concrete work on our DIY mountain, but just 2 bags of the stuff was spread out so we got off fairly easy.

After some good steaks on the BBQ and me shooting some more, until it was so dark that in my 24 X scope you could no longer see a 4.5 mm hole in a piece of cardboard in the end of the field.
Well then we broke out the booze and set fire to some wood, and kicked back solving the worlds many problems as only 2 mad Danes can do. ( that be the old ways, brutal but working )

15 shot group at 75 M / 82 Yards.
Damn that fat finger on the trigger. :oops:

75M15group.jpg

And the Hygge https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hygge

Hygge.jpg

I saved this some time ago.
Now I wonder if I should get drunk as I am not sure about doing this sober.

sometimes I get drunk to call public officials.png

Back