Pics that make you smile

Imagine the size if they'd done it in G-scale instead of H0... :)
(they got 3 stories full of modell-train there)

:-)

12417716_910297352410507_2550449131088069274_n.jpg

@kamkar1

at least he/she/it tried to mount the skid chain... as we had first snow this winter today, i was wondering how many ...people who actually should not drive any car... drove withouth m+s-tyres; couldn't shift up to 2nd gear, as all in front of me drove so slowly... (even overtaking was not possible, as opposite direction also barly has been using mud&snow-tyres...)

well, it actually is just a theory (especially german railways is trying to find out if this is real), but i strongly believe that in winter, it could become cold and icy... ;-)

I still don't get what is so funny about this picture?

...and skid chains only make sense on a motorised axis (whats the correct word for again, pls?)

(@kuoh - somehow, this fact needs to be also told to people... strangly/sadly, only too few people know that...)

True, but no matter the language i have no freaking idea where the hell to put them, in school i was busy reading comics in those classes, well English and German class at least.
But even with Danish i have no freaking idea about , and . :confused: for the first 6-7 years or so of school i allso only wrote in capitol letters, if i did that on the interweb ppl would freak out :D

If you're talking about the Toyota with chains, I think it's because that's a front wheel drive.

KuoH
Ahhh, get it now. To be honest, it doesn't surprise me one bit. General public simply doesn't know/care about such technicalities :)
I remember seeing a report that most of BMW 1-series owners think that their car is FWD:
http://www.autoblog.com/2010/03/23/the-craziest-damn-thing-youll-hear-today-80-of-bmw-1-series-o/

BMW engineers were so pissed off by this so they decided to make 1 series FWD from 2018 onwards.

@TheRookie

...and that proofes, that the abrassive "BMW" does not stand for "Bayrische Motoren Werke" (Bavarian Motor Works) but for "Blödmann mit Wagen" (Moron with car) ;-)

after visiting Russia and seeing how they're driven I was under the impression it actually stood for "Bet Mine Wins"

...you should pay rome a visit, then...

there, they have - what we call in our family - "darwinistic trafffic rules"; there, it's "priority of the stronger" ;)

SpaceX just released some amazing footage of their recent Falcon 9 launch and soft landing. The final shots of how they nailed the pinpoint touchdown just blow my mind. The rest of it is pretty cool too. Not the old guard staid atmosphere of NASA Mission Control, that's for sure.

Last edited:
...impressive...

And THAT with a much smaller budget than NASA or ESA or JAXA ever had. ...just think about it; what does it say about Effiency of these 3?

(well ok, ESA is blocked as EU stepped in; before that, ESA's been short of launching own manned spacecrafts, today they can't decide which country should home the Galileo-Central)...

Back