Pics that make you smile

Okay news that make me smile.

Seem like Samsung take glassholes to a whole new level.
Gear-11.jpg

https://insights.samsung.com/2015/1...r-to-revolutionize-the-restaurant-experience/

Here i have to qoute Forresst Gump "stupid is as stupid does" :rolleyes:

If some one asked me to model for a picture like that above, i would kick his/her ass ;)

well - if the wine, money and the women superb enough, why not...
"i was young and needed the money" ;-)

Yesterday, I've seen an ad for a new mp3-player - well, it supports more than mp3; they said "it's very small" - yes - the model in the vid needed two hands to hold it. They compared it with a 5,5"-notsosmart-phone. Player's been waaaaaaaayyy bigger... Yes ok, it is small - compared with a 747... won't fit in any pocket, but they said it is small ;-)

I'm betting that one will fall into the category of "Not So Great Ideas That Got A Marketing Genius Fired". :eek::D

well - as long those things happen during loading and not on the street, we're all save and sound... well, mostly save. maybe.

;-)

Not in the trucking industry so I don't know, but are they supposed to drive those forklift trucks into the trailer? The few times I've seen them load/unload, it was with one of those hand trucks to bring it on the dock, then the forklift takes over.

KuoH

I see your problem buddy ;)

335165d1453313373-fb_img_1453220888355.jpg

Getting my forklift certificate we was driving loading/unloading in train cars and allso truck trailers.

Not in the trucking industry so I don't know, but are they supposed to drive those forklift trucks into the trailer? The few times I've seen them load/unload, it was with one of those hand trucks to bring it on the dock, then the forklift takes over.

KuoH

Seems to depend on the particular truck trailer but I think you are right.

Here's a link that explains it and some quotes from the link.

"When a 9,000 lb. forklift rolls into a trailer that’s not secured, terrible things can happen."

• Keep the forklift clear of the dock edge while vehicles are backing up to the dock.
• Do not begin loading or unloading until the supply truck has come to a complete stop, the engine has been turned off, the dock lock has been engaged and the wheels have been chocked.
• Do not drive the forklift into the truck until the bridge or dock plate has been attached.
Do not drive the forklift into a truck bed or onto a trailer that has “soft” or loose decking or other unstable flooring.
• Drive straight across the bridge plates when entering or exiting the trailer.
• Use dock lights or headlights when working in a dark trailer.

If forklift training is like mobile elevated work platform training, you're told to check the load-bearing rating of every surface you drive over.
Sounds smart until someone asks "how do I go about doing that?"
But these things are damn heavy. If there's any doubt, you do need to check or find a different way to go about the job.

Not exactly a confidence builder for driving near those trucks :p

I would rather have the bottom fall out of a trailer then i would have this going on around the corner at the national guard :eek:

forklift_accident_with_bomb.jpg

Back