Pier28 Early Adopter Beta Pilot Program - A7 Rearview Mirror Dual Channel DVR Manual or Auto Dimming

Is a Pier28 Rearview Mirror DVR Replacement a Good Stealth "DashCam" Installation Option?

• Yes (no more worrying about smash and grab window break-ins!)

Votes: 54 78.3%
  • No (I'd rather have a hidden DVR with "remote lens" option)

Votes: 15 21.7%

• Total voters
when will these be available to the public? roughly. I would need an Audi mount, but just want to know an approximate eta?

when will these be available to the public? roughly. I would need an Audi mount, but just want to know an approximate eta?

A2 Beta versions have started shipping and we have a few happy early adopter customers as of this past weekend.

We walked one customer through everything via video skype. (went well)

Demand exceeded expectation so we’re going to open it up to a few more testers which will roll out over the next few weeks. Let us know if you want to be included.

We expect to have more info to share on Phase 2 (A7 WDR) in a couple weeks. The ETA is evolving and we'll keep this thread as up to date as possible so stay tuned!

Good news on 1-button, you can now lock files as well.
-Very Short press (<1 second) = screen on/off
-Medium Press (1-10 seconds) = Lock Previous + Current + Next file
-Long Press (>10 seconds) = Reboot

This was in regards to:
http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/thread...nual-or-auto-dimming-gps-bdp.6206/#post-74126

1 Lock Event = Previous + Current + Next.
(3 clip/files)
Note the maximum events you can lock is 3. (for a total of 15 clip/files)
You need to take out your SD card after 3 events and save what you need to save.
(for now at least)

Last edited:
Heat/Cold testing is complete.

Operational/Parking Mode temperature specs are as follows:
Highest temp is +70C/158F degree
Lowest temp is -30C/-22F
(This applies to both Phase 1 and Phase 2)

V6A8zBCm.jpg

Related/Funny video:
(no idea what they are saying)

Last edited:
Check it out, this add-on auto switching box will be a good accessory for the new RoadCam Rearview Mirror DVR with backup camera. We have a few in stock now. So basically what happens is when you put the car in reverse you see what's behind you. When you put the car back in drive you see what is in front of you via front bumper cam for 10 seconds. (3rd camera)

8e9e5yzu.jpg

Last edited:
What control module is the updated model from? I know it's not from crime stoppers. Is it from street guardian? If yes, do you know where you can purchase them in the states because I know they are located in Australia and I did a quick google search and all it showed up was their Facebook page.

Are you referring to the front 3rd cam bumper parking cam control box by street guardian above? I'll let Jokiin answer that. RoadCam plans on stocking this soon yes. I can ship you the gen 1 version I posted a pic of above today discounted if you need one for another project of yours. (or when Phase 2 mirror is ready)

Last edited:
Functionality on that Gen 1 version is the same, just the housing was changed

Basically anything under the Street Guardian brand is available to Roadcam, it's their decision as to any models they wish to stock

Update #1 We are going to skip production of Phase 1 (Ambarella A2) DVR Mirrors. The new A7 DVR Mirror is much further along than anticipated. This along with a few other technical & component availability has changed our plan.
We've already sent out notices to existing A2 early adopters that they will be receiving new upgraded Phase 2 A7 mirrors. (at little to no cost depending on the situation, only fair)

Update #2 We will be focusing all of RoadCam's Mirror R&D energy on the new Phase 2 A7 WDR DVR Mirror.
We just confirmed with our Factory & Engineering Consultants that 3 early test samples are nearly ready to be sent to California. (for immediate longer term tests and menu polishing)
We'll post new videos and RAW videos ASAP when the time is right. Again the Phase 2 mirror, buttons, and housing will be identical to Phase 1. (same BDP module as well)

So the good news is future customers of our first production model will have A7/WDR (aka Night Vision) capable systems. (cutting edge A7 Technology the way it should be)

Stand by as innovation marches forward, we really want to make this Rearview DVR replacement mirror product a reality.

Since there will be limited supply of the phase two and the phase one early bird adopters will get the phase two instead, does that mean the early adopters in line initially for the phase two get pushed out and not get the beta products?

Since there will be limited supply of the phase two and the phase one early bird adopters will get the phase two instead, does that mean the early adopters in line initially for the phase two get pushed out and not get the beta products?

We are confident that we will be able to ramp up the Early Adopter A7 Phase 2 supply faster and to a larger number than what Phase 1 had. You shouldn't have to wait long at all once we are ready.

Last edited:
Stupid question from my girlfriend> Is there a version with the camera on the left side? She has her cellphone holder on the right side of the rearview mirror, and it will get in the way. This is the only model she would use, since she doesn't want anything else than her cellphone there... even though I push to get a dashcam for security reasons.

Stupid question from my girlfriend> Is there a version with the camera on the left side? She has her cellphone holder on the right side of the rearview mirror, and it will get in the way. This is the only model she would use, since she doesn't want anything else than her cellphone there... even though I push to get a dashcam for security reasons.

Phase 1 and Phase 2 lens barrel is on the right side as you know. It's possible this might be moved into the center or left for phase 3,4,5 if we are successful enough to pay for re-tooling etc.
Why is she holding the cell phone way up there? Have her look at the options at http://proclipusa.com

Last edited:
she uses a ram mount and loves it (i also use one but i don't mind having something else up there). I'll take a look at that site, looks interesting.

jon, do you folks have a shop I can visit? I'm local to you and I'm really interested in your options right now. I really would like to consolidate my current dashcam and rearview camera monitor into one stealthier unit so this is looking really appealing.

-nes

jon, do you folks have a shop I can visit? I'm local to you and I'm really interested in your options right now. I really would like to consolidate my current dashcam and rearview camera monitor into one stealthier unit so this is looking really appealing.

-nes

Hello we don't have a local shop or show room at this time but that's a great idea. Once we hit a few milestones we'll revisit that suggestion for California Bay Area customers. I can only offer a live video skype demo at this time.

Our current non-mirror products are for sale at.

http://roadcam.ecrater.com/c/1879067/roadcam-mobile-dvr-solutions

We'll add the mirrors and accessories once we are confident early adopters are satisfied. We will have a new professional website by then. If a complete rearview mirror replacement isn't for you we have some alternative options in testing as well. (Cam lens by long wire) we're not ready to list all the details on this line just yet though. We expect to offer multiple options to give a complete solution for everyone.

Last edited:
very good. let me know if you need more phase 2 testers. I'm not really interested in stand alones at this point. I'm on my 4th DVR (Lukas 7200) and it has all of the features that I want out of a dashcam but it's not stealthy enough for me. and if I can have a backup cam monitor in an all in one unit, that's a huge bonus for me.

very good. let me know if you need more phase 2 testers. I'm not really interested in stand alones at this point. I'm on my 4th DVR (Lukas 7200) and it has all of the features that I want out of a dashcam but it's not stealthy enough for me. and if I can have a backup cam monitor in an all in one unit, that's a huge bonus for me.

Very good
Ok you're on the list please send me a private message with your year make model car and contact info. You'll need to send photos of your existing mirror and base stem mount.

will do as soon as I get a chance to take pics of the mirror/base.

Back