Pier28 Early Adopter Beta Pilot Program - A7 Rearview Mirror Dual Channel DVR Manual or Auto Dimming

Is a Pier28 Rearview Mirror DVR Replacement a Good Stealth "DashCam" Installation Option?

• Yes (no more worrying about smash and grab window break-ins!)

Votes: 54 78.3%
  • No (I'd rather have a hidden DVR with "remote lens" option)

Votes: 15 21.7%

• Total voters
Any updates on this project?

No offense intended, but is this project history ? It's been a year and I for one have given up on it.

it’s on hold pending significant hardware updates

Are you able to ballpark the timeline you're currently looking at? I know it won't be accurate, as there's always unknowns, but 'late this year' or 'maybe next year' would be enough to for me to make a more informed purchase.

Reactions: jhm
I contacted them directly via Alibaba.com and it was about £130 in shipping (took less than a week). Well worth the money and I don't think they realise how popular these would be in the EU, US and UK (The sell mainly in Asia). I've had a few dash cams before including 0801 and whilst the dashcam app on this hasn't got loads of settings to tweak, it's reliable, has a clear good quality image both night and day... it just works. The stock Android Rom is rock solid and never crashes, and combined with Tasker, it's possible to set up some cool stuff such as activating the camera with a text and viewing the stream on a PC. Some pics here of it installed in my car...

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/2736306-post20.html

139322d1427818229-talking-my-civic-img_6043.jpg

139410d1427824111-talking-my-civic-img_5985.jpg
139418d1427824111-talking-my-civic-img_5992.jpg

If it has thin non DOT rated glass mirror and no auto/manual glass dimming could be illegal to operate in the USA. I'm not a fan of the purple/blue anti reflection coatings either.

Would it be possible for you to post the images here as well? Couldn't see them on the provided link.

I contacted them directly via Alibaba.com and it was about £130 in shipping (took less than a week). Well worth the money and I don't think they realise how popular these would be in the EU, US and UK (The sell mainly in Asia). I've had a few dash cams before including 0801 and whilst the dashcam app on this hasn't got loads of settings to tweak, it's reliable, has a clear good quality image both night and day... it just works. The stock Android Rom is rock solid and never crashes, and combined with Tasker, it's possible to set up some cool stuff such as activating the camera with a text and viewing the stream on a PC. Some pics here of it installed in my car...

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/2736306-post20.html

139322d1427818229-talking-my-civic-img_6043.jpg

139410d1427824111-talking-my-civic-img_5985.jpg
139418d1427824111-talking-my-civic-img_5992.jpg

I'm still interested, although I changed vehicles. I now have a 2011 Lincoln Navigator with a standard auto-dimming mirror. Should be no other electronics in it (i.e. the rain sensing module, which is a separate glass mounted module).

Back