Pier28 Early Adopter Beta Pilot Program - A7 Rearview Mirror Dual Channel DVR Manual or Auto Dimming

Is a Pier28 Rearview Mirror DVR Replacement a Good Stealth "DashCam" Installation Option?

• Yes (no more worrying about smash and grab window break-ins!)

Votes: 54 78.3%
  • No (I'd rather have a hidden DVR with "remote lens" option)

Votes: 15 21.7%

• Total voters
Looking forward to the release of this product. Personally, I'm looking at the manual version to replace an inefficient auto-dimming mirror in a Subaru Forester.

The cutout for the mounting post looks wrong. Can you include a cover that snaps in place to make it look more stealth? Normal mirrors do not have that hole in the mirror back.

Do you have an estimated time when this will be market ready?

This is how DVR mirror single channel looks like installes in my car ( VW Passat B6 / C3 ).
I am going to start testing new 2 Channel Mirror DVR soon to confirm that all things are right ( firmware, performance etc. )

View attachment 10874

The cutout for the mounting post looks wrong. Can you include a cover that snaps in place to make it look more stealth? Normal mirrors do not have that hole in the mirror back.

Do you have an estimated time when this will be market ready?

Which cut-out do you mean, can you show on picture ?

This is how it was designed on the firstplace, you check it at the first page HERE.
It has ball joint arm in two places, in the mirror itself and on the other end of arm, which allows to adjust RVmirror in more flexible way than generic mirrors. I guess it is done in order to be universal and fit as many vehicles as possible by only changing an arm holder.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be interested in testing the dual channel auto dimming version too.

Out of curiosity and of course interest I wonder about the status of this promising project? Any progress?? Release date??

Out of curiosity and of course interest I wonder about the status of this promising project? Any progress?? Release date??
FW is still under polishing from developer side.

Thank you Niko.

I appreciate when developers necessarily don't rush their products but rather take the time and effort needed to have things right the first time.

I think no product is 100% free of problems when the first batch is released. You can release it when you reach let say 85% of its potential but you should continue to polish it and take responsibility for the issues that may occur.

Looks interesting.
When is the production release?

No ETA yet. We still testing and developer polishing up firmware.

If to keep up with some information, below is design comparison on what changes has been made in design 2014 vs 2015y DVR mirrors.

Tpp: 2014y, 1 channel DVR
Bottom: 2015y 2 channel DVR.

New 2ch Mirror DVR.jpg

If to keep up with some information, below is design comparison on what changes has been made in design 2014 vs 2015y DVR mirrors.

Tpp: 2014y, 1 channel DVR
Bottom: 2015y 2 channel DVR.

View attachment 12733
Looks like 2014 one had bigger lens aperture?

Looks like 2014 one had bigger lens aperture?

the shape of lens does not always show what is aperture value. 2015 model is better at night.

If technicality possible I would place the vents on top and bottom sides and not facing the windshield ! This would make it less visible and more genuine from outside as would make it probably less sensitive to the direct air conditioning flux temperature ;)

If technicality possible I would place the vents on top and bottom sides and not facing the windshield ! This would make it less visible and more genuine from outside as would make it probably less sensitive to the direct air conditioning flux temperature ;)

One is for the speaker, the other one I dont know, have not opened yet.

Any new updates? Very keen to try one of these out!

Not good news I'm afraid. More delays, we'll post additional info once more is known.

Bummer. I've been anxiously awaiting this release for months. Hope you're able to get things worked out quickly.

Back