Pier28 Early Adopter Beta Pilot Program - A7 Rearview Mirror Dual Channel DVR Manual or Auto Dimming

Is a Pier28 Rearview Mirror DVR Replacement a Good Stealth "DashCam" Installation Option?

• Yes (no more worrying about smash and grab window break-ins!)

Votes: 54 78.3%
  • No (I'd rather have a hidden DVR with "remote lens" option)

Votes: 15 21.7%

• Total voters
Thanks for the interest, there is no exact ETA or Beta/Retail Pricing in place yet. We are still doing internal testing first and will post updates as things progress. As I said this is an epic journey. We skipped the first few phases to get where we are today. Subscribe to this thread and or send me an email so I can mark your down. The fact you posted here is good enough as well since I'll be looking back at the last few pages once ready.

That is about a discreet as you can possibly get and I suggest keeping the reverse lines on the camera as they really are an invaluable aid for a swift manoeuvre and don't detract from the evidence...

However, its not always practical for all as rain sensors tend to be housed in the original mirror mount expected to be removed and I would much prefer some one to come up with an original mirror mount (clip or strap over ) that actually near enough fits an original mirror rather than the oversized guff on the market now... surely both front and rear lens could be accommodated with a plug in wander cable of respective length for front and rear cameras ?

The reverse lines are inserted by the mirror via software already and are fully adjustable via the remote control if the camera is off center etc. ( The fixed parking lines from the test camera I was using in the still photo are redundant and are for systems that don't have parking lines already. I did confirm the software mirror inserted parking lines can be turned off though should you prefer to use a camera that has the parking lines hard coded into the CMOS.

Yes this product won't be for everyone, especially those with advanced mirrors/rain sensors etc. We'll have other suitable discrete products to fit other cars in 2015 as well.

Last edited:
Hi, I'm new to the forum, but I've been researching dash cams for awhile. The Mini 0806 has, up until now, been my best option. It's not readily available yet and appears to be in development as well. This rearview mirror camera seems to have the kind of features I'm looking for (stealth being very important). I'll be keeping a close eye on both cameras as they come to market.

It's my understanding that this mirror will come with an adapter to fit into the existing mount on the windshield. If I've got this right I'm wondering if I will be able to just use the existing wiring to power the new mirror rather than running new wiring? My car has auto dimming, so there must already be power supplied to the mirror.

My current car is a 2015 Nissan Altima SL.

Correct there is an adapter for just about any car.

You need to hook up two power sources. (Three wires)

ACC / Switched (A power source that is only active when the engine is running)

BAT / Non-switched (A power source that is active 24 seven)

And ground.

wow,

This looks like a very interesting product.

Any idea if it will be available through an EU distributor. I was planning on upgrading my setup by moving my DR32 to the rear window and gettng a CDV300x (or similar).

But after seeing this, I might just wait until a dual channel version becomes available, and donate my old cam to family

wow,

This looks like a very interesting product.

Any idea if it will be available through an EU distributor. I was planning on upgrading my setup by moving my DR32 to the rear window and gettng a CDV300x (or similar).

But after seeing this, I might just wait until a dual channel version becomes available, and donate my old cam to family

Yes @niko might possibly get in on the action for EU/UK/Ireland sales. We are teaming up soon to polish this into a quality product. The gears are turning faster now but we need to sort a few more things first. The new version we are testing now is dual channel.

This is how DVR mirror single channel looks like installes in my car ( VW Passat B6 / C3 ).
I am going to start testing new 2 Channel Mirror DVR soon to confirm that all things are right ( firmware, performance etc. )

20140630_061421.jpg

Won't you be our Valentine and tease us some more with an update Jon and Niko?

yFCVXL0.png

I dont like teasing people. Just want to say that sample arrived and now need time to fully test. It may take some time. Stay tuned.

Jon, please add me to the list for customer order. I'll gladly wait until you have it sorted out.
Please add option for high capacity SD cards added. Do not need the GPS, if that is an option.

On the voting, It depends on the car's review mirror. My wife's car has lots of technology (on-star, interior lights, auto dimming etc) so for it I would get a pair of X1. For my sons car, it is simple mirror, so this solution is better.

The mount is a simple block with tapered sides. The mirror also has tapered sides. A set screw in the mirror base is tightened which spreads the base from the block to remove all clearance between the two tapers. We can move the car alarm antenna further away from the mirror.
Added mirror photos:
P1030820 s.jpg base of mount.jpg mirror base 2.jpg mirror base.jpg Mirror side view.jpg

Last edited:
I would also be interested in beta testing the Dual Channel. I am driving a Ford Fiesta (2012) MK7 and the wife has a Fiesta (2008) - I will have no issues fitting them myself and testing as I drive 30000 km+ a year and generally trips of 600km at a time over 5-6 hours. Being British and living in Denmark language is not an issue either :)

Have been using Mini 0803, Mobius and now Mini 0806 so I am used to the tech, firmware etc ...

TIA

Ford is easy, default bracket. Lots of work ahead still on this product, but gears are turning again soon when our engineers are back from the holidays over seas.

What Jokiin said, it's based on the old one we skipped because it's unstable. Niko and I tried our best and it didn't meet our strict quality standards. We are working out a new PCB and enhanced firmware for our own Dualchannel version. It's turning out to be harder to get this right than anticipated but we have not given up yet. A hybrid Ambarella system is a bit finicky unfortunately.

Back