Pittasoft Blackvue DR500GW-HD

Is it possible to change the text DR500GW in bottom right corner to something else. I have connected via telnet to it, and was looking for file which has this text, but I didn't find it. Has anyone else changed this?

Des said:
Ok Update on my bad quality videos...Advanced In-Car Technologies supplied me with a new camera in replace of the old. Thanks Guys for the quick turnaround. You have been fantastic :D

Remember the old camera video... well here it is. Old Camera Video

Here are 2 videos using the new camera:
1. For comparison using the same car and road but this time it was raining a little. You will see the video is far better than the video using the old camera. Old Video quoted above.

2. Here is another random video in town which will show that the quality with the new camera has definately improved.

I think part of the problem of not picking up the numbers in the plates is the reflection you're getting off the windshield. You must have your dashcam mounted pretty low for it to be picking up reflections like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
mine is installaled as high as possible and i get the reflections too, but if I angle the camera higher, it takes in more sky and affects the video colouring

Tried reading through all the posts, but can't find a confirmed start recording time after ignition on for a unit that has parking mode switched off.
Can anyone supply a confirmed boot up time?

Thanks

Inafog said:
Tried reading through all the posts, but can't find a confirmed start recording time after ignition on for a unit that has parking mode switched off.
Can anyone supply a confirmed boot up time?

Thanks

About 20 - 30 seconds and another minute for GPS to hook up.

linni said:
About 20 - 30 seconds and another minute for GPS to hook up.

Thanks for that.
Was hoping it would be faster.
My cheap Navig8tr boots up faster that that (10-15 secs), was hoping if would be on at least a par with that.

Inafog said:
Was hoping it would be faster.
My cheap Navig8tr boots up faster that that (10-15 secs), was hoping if would be on at least a par with that.

The more bells and whistles you add, the longer the boot up time will be. I guess that's the trade off.

Hi there,

just got one unit, having some issue with the timezone. I am from Singapore and although setting the timezone correctly, it is still showing an hour faster. Anyway to solve this?

Thanks in advance. ;)

Try to delete all the recorded files in Blackvue/Record folder located on memory card.

I had the same problem, but it was solved after one hour of GPS connectivity.

takishi1 said:
Hi there,

just got one unit, having some issue with the timezone. I am from Singapore and although setting the timezone correctly, it is still showing an hour faster. Anyway to solve this?

Thanks in advance. ;)
Hi Takishi1,

Very simple, just preset your time zone to ASIA/SINGAPORE. Go to a open space and make sure your GPS can be detected. Press WIFI button and hold for 10 sec on your BV. It will auto reformat your microSD card. Wait about 1 min. It will auto boot up. Then your time should be accurate. Remember to backup your video before reformat.

I actually quite disappointed with this new DR500 video quality. Especially night video, the video pixel seem like a bit off.

(Please see in full HD 1080P)
Evening video (Haha, mine also one hour faster (Seoul timing) before i discover how to adjust it)

Night video

Thanks guys for the reply. My time is correct now.

Today i encountered a new glitch, tried using the app to connect to the cam, but it kept prompting an error message that the wifi signal is too weak to establish an connection to my S3.

I resolved it by taking the sd card out from cam, put into my phone, then back again to the cam.

Dscheng said:
takishi1 said:
Hi there,

Thanks in advance. ;)
Hi Takishi1,

Very simple, just preset your time zone to ASIA/SINGAPORE. Go to a open space and make sure your GPS can be detected. Press WIFI button and hold for 10 sec on your BV. It will auto reformat your microSD card. Wait about 1 min. It will auto boot up. Then your time should be accurate. Remember to backup your video before reformat.

I actually quite disappointed with this new DR500 video quality. Especially night video, the video pixel seem like a bit off.

try moving the angle of the camera down a little bit so you have less sky, it will then be less changeable.
may also be your computer that it pixilating (without knowing your software)
try another player like registrator viewer and see does it processes the videos better than the black vue,
youtube is not a great method to review video quality due to the compression it does on videos

Yes mr white. I thought of that too. I had adjust the camera angle down a bit. Will upload the video again later.
My current car wiper is the X wipe style so the centre portion of my windscreen cannot be clean.
[Broken External Image]:http://i901.photobucket.com/albums/...2-7c80-4154-b14e-b90c6b7544a3_zpsfb52be3c.jpg

My current mounting postion
I am still finding a good position to mount. Hmm
[Broken External Image]:http://i901.photobucket.com/albums/ac219/Dscheng/20130302_080824_zps8bfe28d0.jpg

Please note that when camera is in WI-FI LIVE MODE it records only 20fps, when not in this mode it records 30fps.
By default camera goes into WI-FI LIVE MODE when powerd on and you have to turn WI-FI off each time you start
to drive. This is annoying. But you you fix that by changing CONFIG.INI file.
Insert SD card into PC, open folder BlackVue/Config, in file Config.ini edit last line like this:
onstart=0
Now when camera powered on WI-FI would stay Off.
Unfortunately my DR500 records only 29fps instead of 30fps and pixelation, not a true FULL HD even in highest
settings 1920X1080 30fps.

Great discovery. But you must remember to open Wi-Fi each time you need to connect to it.
I expect 720p to be 30fps always/
Dscheng said:
I am still finding a good position to mount.
Try to have your lens on the lef side of the blue dot from your pictures with color dots.
It is not very important to have a perfect centered image but to have the best place for nice video and a hidden camera.

enjoy,
Mtz

Try mounting the camera on the dash. I mounted my camera to my dash dead center and the amout of glare has been reduced by a lot. For some reason the the curvature and angle of most front windows in most modern cars tend to show a lot of reflection at the top part. Since I mounted my camera to my dash, the night video has been much better and more crisp.

Since there is a lot of people looking at this thread I thought I'd post my DR500GW-HD problem here.

I now have my DR500GW-HD. It seems to be working 'ok', takes good videos, etc. As for the Smart Phone APP via Wi-Fi, that's another story. In the PC software for the DR500GW-HD I changed the password to access the camera via Wi-Fi on my Smart Phone. When I started the APP it would not accept my new password; I tried several times. So, back to the PC to change the password back to "blackvue". I tried again with my Smart Phone and it accepted the "blackvue" password. The only problem is I had to enter it on 2 different screens to get into the Blackvue APP. So far, so good, now I'm into the Blackvue APP and the list of my video files is displayed on my phone. I click on a file (on my cell phone)to play it and I get this error message: "Wi-Fi sinal (yes, 'signal was misspelled in Blackvue APP)too weak. Go back to file list". This really confused me because I'm sitting in my car and my phone is 3 feet from camera and phone shows an excellent Wi-Fi signal strength. And, the signal was apparently strong enough to display the list of video files on my cell phone. Any help will be appreciated.

I sent this problem inquiry to Blackvue and I'm also hoping to get a solution from them. Any help/suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rocky

Can you post a screen shot of the two screens you have to enter in your password? I only entered my password one time, and that is when I first connected to it with my Iphone. I have not been asked to enter in a password since then.
Now all Android phones have a password for installing apps and a password for encrypting files on the external memory card. Some phones have the encryption enabled by default, some do not. The Android app might be setup to use the memory card for internal storage. This might be the reason why it is asking you to enter your password twice. If enabled, do not disable this setting. If you disable this setting, your phone is open for hacking and viruses.

Back