Power failing to camera when using GPS mount

adimw

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
A129, A119 Pro, B1W, 2*A119, 4*A118, G1W-H, G1W,
Just chipping in, I've bought two A119's (at the same time, from estore009) and one has the power fade issue, where the LCD flickers and gets dimmer and dimmer until the camera reboots and does it all again.

• The two cams are installed in the same vehicle & powered from the same USB converter.
  • Have verified GPS fault by swapping cameras over, fault stays with the same GPS mount
  • Then verified by moving power cable direct to the camera, resolves the fault.

Will be writing to estore009 and requesting replacement GPS mount.

Just chipping in, I've bought two A119's (at the same time, from estore009) and one has the power fade issue, where the LCD flickers and gets dimmer and dimmer until the camera reboots and does it all again.

• The two cams are installed in the same vehicle & powered from the same USB converter.
  • Have verified GPS fault by swapping cameras over, fault stays with the same GPS mount
  • Then verified by moving power cable direct to the camera, resolves the fault.

Will be writing to estore009 and requesting replacement GPS mount.
A replacement GPS mount may work for awhile, but as soon as the fit between the GPS mount and camera loosens, you'll likely be back to where you are now. Best to get some of the EVA adhesive pads that Viofo is now supplying with all their A119/A119S cameras. That should stabilize the connection. See if estore009 can send you some.

interesting, I only ordered them late last month.

Are the adhesive pads to bulk out the distance between the GPS and Cam to give connection with less vibration? Because moving the pins further away from the camera doesn't make sense in my head unless its to lessen vibrations

Are the adhesive pads to bulk out the distance between the GPS and Cam to give connection with less vibration? Because moving the pins further away from the camera doesn't make sense in my head unless its to lessen vibrations
It is to make a tight/snug fit between mount and camera. The camera is latched onto the mount either way, so it's not any further away. It just can't wiggle around.

might try some of the DIY fixes in the short term then!

attempt no.1

q68wDuC.jpg

didn't do anything to help, front GPS mount still works fine, rear GPS mount still has flickering screen until eventual reboot. Powering rear cam via the cam itself provides stable power and the GPS still works. So will be fine until estore009 can send new GPS mount to rectify the problem.

Sent you gps mount already,and let us know when it arrived in!

Hi estore
Sent you gps mount already,and let us know when it arrived in!
my front one is now doing the exact same thing, are you able to send another mount? such a shame that this flaw exists.

I've posted a video before showing how you can solve the loose GPS mount problem with a simple zip-tie.

yeah no thanks, don't want a zip tie falling out each time I remove the cameras. Paid plenty of good money for a faulty product and not too pleased, the A118 mount and GPS module worked fine, the A119 V1 has a serious issue and I just bought two of them, both have the issue (in the same car)

yeah no thanks, don't want a zip tie falling out each time I remove the cameras. Paid plenty of good money for a faulty product and not too pleased, the A118 mount and GPS module worked fine, the A119 V1 has a serious issue and I just bought two of them, both have the issue (in the same car)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B072DS2DW9

I have sent PM to you.

Until finding this forum, I thought it may just be me having this problem, i'm now onto GPS mount number 4 at £20 a shot.

Now a very expensive camera and i'm still having this problem.

Until finding this forum, I thought it may just be me having this problem, i'm now onto GPS mount number 4 at £20 a shot.

Now a very expensive camera and i'm still having this problem.

if it's a V1 camera buying another mount isn't going to sort things out

Back