Powerucc Panorama S

I don't know, it's been cloudy a lot recently. So earlier today I created 2 new raw videos
First without CPL http://www.mediafire.com/watch/fx0c4fd5745dddn/12.06_18_FW_no_cpl_.mp4
then with CPL http://www.mediafire.com/watch/9fccadigjj27wn2/12.06_18_FW_with_cpl_.mp4
Both look BRIGHT. I'm using FW 12.06 18 speed. Could it be something to do with the amount of UV light NZ gets?

david

Oops, my typo @"****e-stuff" vs White-stuff.
Not sure about how much UV light can affect video quality, but video has too much brightness or as I mentioned earlier, AWB not working properly.

Maybe try v.1.12.03, - this has been working for me well.

thanks Niko, I thought I might have to do that:(.

Which leads me to a couple of questions for you & others
- why does the http://www.powerucc.com/ site not show v.1.12.03 &/or v.1.12.06 ?
- where can I find v.1.12.03? I've looked & googled, without success.

thanks
david

Oops, my typo @"****e-stuff" vs White-stuff.
I figured you meant white, but the former is appropriate in the circumstances.

Not sure about how much UV light can affect video quality
I agree. I suspect that it doesn't as most modern digital still cameras are immune. But as Dashcam's are different, maybe it can.

I figured you meant white, but the former is appropriate in the circumstances.

I agree. I suspect that it doesn't as most modern digital still cameras are immune. But as Dashcam's are different, maybe it can.

Maybe you right about UV in your area. If you can make side by side other dashcam with Pano to see how or is UV affecting other dashcam AWB / EV etc ?

If you can make side by side other dashcam with Pano to see how or is UV affecting other dashcam AWB / EV etc ?
I have a rear facing LS650W. BUT without knowing it's capabilities, how useful would the comparison be?

I have a rear facing LS650W. BUT without knowing it's capabilities, how useful would the comparison be?

Dont know. All tesults come only from test'n'try. Before that can not speculate.

U will find there link(s) to download.
whoops, I've just seen them, SORRY.

I must remember to put brain cell into gear, before engaging keyboard
I must remember to put brain cell into gear, before engaging keyboard . . .

whoops, I've just seen them, SORRY.

I must remember to put brain cell into gear, before engaging keyboard . . .

No worries, I am doing same mistake some time.

Maybe you right about UV in your area. If you can make side by side other dashcam with Pano to see how or is UV affecting other dashcam AWB / EV etc ?

I believe that windshield cuts UV.

yes, but if the AWB/EV etc is set for an environment with different UV/etc the my results will be different.

hi Niko.

re your downloads @ http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/thread...firmware-12-15-21mbps-bit-rate-v1-12-03.4651/

For me, mega SUCKS BIT TIME. I've been trying for a couple of days to get any FW from them. Always finding the download stopping after after around 4 or 5 seconds. EG
upload_2014-5-28_20-34-23.png
I left the download alone for a couple of hours this afternoon, in the hope that it'd fix itself, as inferred. It didn't . . .
IMHO mega is worse than useless, this is the second or third time this ess haitch eye tee eye has not allowed downloads

I finally decided to get it off powerucc.com . Without any problems whatsoever. And updating the unit went easily, due to your video instructions.

BUT ( another big word :mad: ) the GPS data is still in e-limbo .

based on your Sattelite symbol means unit recognizes gps antenna and if you see on gps module solid blue led, then gps module more likely works, but if sattellite icon on lcd is orange, it means no gps signal. If satellite symbol is green and gps module blue led is blinking, then gps is locked to satellites and works well. guide. The gps module is working, without receiving any signal. I don't know how to get this fixed.

Strange @ satellite not working correctly 4u.

Question to public who uses 1.12.03 and have gps antenna: please report here how it works for you ?

Strange @ satellite not working correctly 4u.

Question to public who uses 1.12.03 and have gps antenna: please report here how it works for you ?
Also has anyone updated 1.12.06 18mps with a GPS unit attached?

Hi all! New Panorama S owner here, set it up yesterday! Loving the build quality, and the videos seem really sharp. I loaded up with the 12.03 FW - 15Mbps bitrate. I like the fact that the FW is being actively updated.

Learned a neat trick while I was mounting the device: How to corrupt your SD card in two simple steps!

1. Turn on car and make sure camera is recording
  2. Unplug power cable to camera

The device stuck on the starting splash screen that says Panorama, and worked fine only when I removed the card. The device also couldn't recognize the card to reformat. I stuck a new card in and erased/reformatted the old one in my laptop. There were definitely corrupt files in it.

Just a reminder, if you ever need to take it down or disconnect, make sure it shuts down properly first or is not recording!!

something else at play here, if it's recording and you pull power it should end the recording and shutdown in less than 2 seconds, unplugging the power cable is no different to turning your key and cutting power

Strange. It might just be the SD card (Transcend 32GB Class 10 SDHC). If it happens to a different card I will contact my seller. Thanks!

Back