Powerucc Panorama2

Just to add, I am testing a new Beta v1.11.03 firmeare now, but I had chance to drive only day time. Will try to do proper test run at night this weekend. Maybe they did something to night time video, dont' know, will see after tests.

Non of them is ideal. Panorama2 has violet "fog" all over dark areas, Vico has blueish vertical stripes at pitch dark.
I've had this happen to me. I had my TF2 pointed to far away from a streetlight at night where it was almost pitch dark and had a blue vertical stripe thing going on, but back in the street light the picture looks surprisingly good for 0300/0400 in the morning. if the Panorama2 was able to get rid of the fog it would be a great in streetlight and would be part of a great 24 hour car surveillance set up.

I've had this happen to me. I had my TF2 pointed to far away from a streetlight at night where it was almost pitch dark and had a blue vertical stripe thing going on, but back in the street light the picture looks surprisingly good for 0300/0400 in the morning. if the Panorama2 was able to get rid of the fog it would be a great in streetlight and would be part of a great 24 hour car surveillance set up.

There is no blue "fog" at night when car is stand still. So for surveillance purpose as you suggested, it fimware tuned firmware to produce a good video result. Blue "fog" appears when car is moving.

There is no blue "fog" at night when car is stand still. So for surveillance purpose as you suggested, it fimware tuned firmware to produce a good video result. Blue "fog" appears when car is moving.
Oh my mistake. I don't have a Panorama2 yet, but i do leave my Vico in all night. It's good to hear that it only appears during movement VS all the time.

Has anyone else from the USA had their camera held up in customs? I was hoping to receive my Panorama2 today or tomorrow but here's what EMS tracking says:
21:44 10-Oct-2013 - Handed over to Customs - USORDA - Customs retention reason : Other

Has anyone else from the USA had their camera held up in customs? I was hoping to receive my Panorama2 today or tomorrow but here's what EMS tracking says:
21:44 10-Oct-2013 - Handed over to Customs - USORDA - Customs retention reason : Other

Its just a routine customs check.

My package was received by customs in the morning and released by noon. That's San Francisco airport customs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the hard work Niko, that video has been downloaded to my PC and I'll keep that safe. Do you know when this firmware will be available?

PM me with your e-mail and I will share with you for test purpose only, because it is still a Beta version and not an official confirmed one. It was shared to a limited amount of people only for tests to get feedback and to see what can be done differently if needed. Just telling upfront, day-time video is very good, night video looks "strange" to me, but I have to do more comparisons tests for final conclusion. Even harder makes it fact that I have only one panorama2 in hand, so from my memory it is hard to compare.
I see powerucc advertising as an official firmware v1.08.03, - this has been tested for long time and till now counts as the best they had despite after that they have released / tested many Beta versions. It shows that they are constantly working on some improvements, so for me it is only matter of time when they will squeez out as much as can from new firmware.

My package was received by customs in the morning and released by noon. That's San Francisco airport customs.

Its just a routine customs check.

Thanks for the reassurance. Mine is at the Chicago airport and looks like it was released this afternoon so hopefully I'll have it in a day or 2.

...and it would be better if jokiin's dual cam/dual card set up would be ready to go...:p

I am so happy to get the PanoramaII today.

One issue I faced is with the time setting. I set the time manually but each time I power off (switch off car ignition) and turn on again, the time changed.

Why is this so?

I am so happy to get the PanoramaII today.

One issue I faced is with the time setting. I set the time manually but each time I power off (switch off car ignition) and turn on again, the time changed.

Why is this so?

What firnware you have?
Also, do you use gps antenna as well,?

Firmware is 1.08.03. With GPS connected.

FYI the GPS location is correct.

The clarity of the video of this dashcam is really good. I am using this for the front and putting my Blackvue DR500GW in the rear.

Firmware is 1.08.03. With GPS connected.

After you switch off ignition, - do you pulling out a gps antenna or it stays inside main unit connected ?

Back