Powerucc Panorama2

FYI the GPS location is correct.

Have you tried viewing files on Powerucc PC viewer or on RegistratorViewer Beta ?

Gps antennae wasn't pulled out....

Yes, I did. The time was off.

Gps antennae wasn't pulled out....

local time zone is overwritten to Korean time zone once the GPS receiver locks on. To prevent this from occurring:

1. Connect the GPS antenna and power cable
  2. Switch on the dash camera and wait until the GPS satellite icon become greens ( locks to satellites )
  3. Set correct local time.
After these steps, time will be set to your local region. You can drive, switch on and off car engine and time will be correct. However you must keep the GPS antenna plugged into the dash camera. If you remove the GPS antenna, next time you reconnect GPS, the time will shift to the Korean time zone.

If you plan on taking the PanoramaII from your car, you should take the GPS antenna as well (still connected) to prevent the time zone from shifting.

Please test those steps and let me know if it works for you.

It sure did! Thanks again!

I an glad it worked out for you.
Many dash cams has their own way to be a different from others, to be fussy ;)

I am anxiously waiting for Niko to post his results and experience with latest BETA Firmware.

I am anxiously waiting for Niko to post his results and experience with latest BETA Firmware.

It's all takes a lot of time, so I can not promise when can post my thoughts, or will I be posting at all. This is beta firmware and not for public judgement. If it will have some "bugs", I will report to developer only. Hope you understand differences of beta and non-beta.

Yesterday, I set the time to my local time with the GPS antennae connected to the dashcam. The time did not change until this morning when I check the time setting, the time changed to 1 hour faster.

The GPS was connected all the time. I wonder what is the real problem. I have the Power Magic Pro connected to the dashcam for car park mode.

Any solutions?

Just remember Jonny that it's not a fair comparison to compare a firmware that is in development against a developed and fully tested version. The time to produce a comparison video would consume a lot of time with a result that wouldn't be accurate in the first place.

No arguments there just curious.

Yesterday, I set the time to my local time with the GPS antennae connected to the dashcam. The time did not change until this morning when I check the time setting, the time changed to 1 hour faster.

The GPS was connected all the time. I wonder what is the real problem. I have the Power Magic Pro connected to the dashcam for car park mode.

Any solutions?

Before set the time, did you wait untill gps icon goes ftom blinking yellow to stedy green ( locks to satellites ) ?

Yes I did.

I reset the time again in the morning and then again the time setting changed again in the afternoon.

I check again in the evening

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2

Yes I did.

I reset the time again in the morning and then again the time setting changed again in the afternoon.

I check again in the evening

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2

For me it was usually like this:

1. If first set time, then connect gps antenna, time was correct till firts stop / start. After that time shifted to local Korean.

2. Connected gps antenna first, then powered on the unit, without waiting gps lock I set to local time. Worked fine again till first stop start / stop, then after it reseted time to local Korean.

3. Connected antenna, switch on unit, wait till gps icon goes steady green ( locks to satellites ), only then set to local time. Recorded a short clip, then switched off unit for 10-15 sec. Switch on unit, waited start up and recording start. Checked, time was correct local.

Try last option described and let me know.

Last edited:
I see powerucc advertising as an official firmware v1.08.03, - this has been tested for long time and till now counts as the best they had despite after that they have released / tested many Beta versions.

Hey there... I'm really excited since my Panorama2 just got to my hands this weekend. Took forever but that happens because I order it to an address in the USA and then have to wait for my merchandise to get a personal ride down here. It's better than shipping directly here and dealing with local customs.

I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised with the build quality. It's better than what I expected. Plus it's nice to see that they invested in a box that looks nice.

Just an FYI, my Panorama2 came with firmware 1.08.05... I ordered the one without GPS. Will be trying to install it tonight if I can find enough time.

UPDATE: On the plus side, I'm pretty sure I ordered the most basic model with 8GB, but it came with a 16GB Samsung Class 10 card in the box. On the down side, the included "free" SD-to-USB card reader is broken. It still works, but the plastic casing (which feels very cheap) cracked and a small part of the internal circuit board is exposed.

All in all, I'm happy they shipped it with extra memory. The USB card reader is useless to me so I can't complain... :)

Last edited:
Video looks good on sample clips, finally something nicely acceptable. Two reasons I will NOT buy it:

a) adhesive mount. How do they presume you move it from one place to another?

b) poor mount adjustability.

c) archaic, sequential file storing naming scheme. Anything less than the date based directory structure (year/month/date) is unacceptable these days.

Make those two changes and the camera is a sure buy.

Last edited:
Back