Powerucc Panorama2

which brand(s) did you test with?
Because it looks like it doesn't work with all cards - I have one 64GB which it cannot recognize.

Have you formatted it from exFat to Fat32 ?

Thank you!

I have received new 2014 Firmware. Will do deep test and comparison with previous firmwares and will try to post results along with firmware download link within this week.

Yes. Tried different utilities, sector size, low level formatting - all in vain.

I tested wiht SanDisk and Samsung 64Gb MicroSD cards and all works.

I have received new 2014 Firmware. Will do deep test and comparison with previous firmwares and will try to post results along with firmware download link within this week.
Ok! Look forward to!:)

try a different brand of memory card perhaps
Good advice :) but here comes the cost of buying potentially multiple cards until I find the one which works (well, I can buy whatever Nico has tested already).
I'd rather wait until new firmware is available and will test it.
And I have working micro SD card anyway, I doubt I'll have any overheating issues in winter.

Good advice :) but here comes the cost of buying potentially multiple cards until I find the one which works (well, I can buy whatever Nico has tested already).
I'd rather wait until new firmware is available and will test it.
And I have working micro SD card anyway, I doubt I'll have any overheating issues in winter.

No need to wait for so called "suitable firmware". Panorama2 was ALWAYS working with 64gb memory cards from very first firmware ( v1.06 series ) I bought it nearly 9-10 month ago.
I tested 64gb on most later issued firmwares and all works if formatted to Fat32 using SmartDisk Fat32. The only difference is that you can use 64gb ( Fat32 ) with all firmwares, but you can not format card inside Panorama2.
With new 2014 FW developer said it can be formatted inside unit. I will test it soon and will post info on forum.

It is recommended to use full size SD cards in dashcams with SD card slot for more reliable and long lasting usage of memory card, so my advice is to buy good brand full size SD card, instead of using MicroSD to SD card adapter.

Panorama2 was ALWAYS working with 64gb memory cards from very first firmware ( v1.06 series ) I bought it nearly 9-10 month ago.
Apparently not with all brands. My PC can read the card, camera - the same. Panorama2 returns "card error".
Nico, can you post the exact card model you tried, please.

Check post #746. I replayed there ;)

Samsung does only two 64Gb versions: ( SDHC* ? ) and SDXC.

I recommend full size SD 64Gb Samsung Pro SDXC UHS-I

*Added: NB! Read about 64Gb SDHC below, - it's a fake ! Buy ONLY SDXC !

Last edited:
SDHC ends at 32gb, if you've seen 64gb labeled as SDHC it must have been a fake

You right, I am still sleepy and didnt pay attention to this, it's a FAKE 64GB Micro SDHC and has to be reported to eBay:

64Gb MicroSDHC.JPG

Hi,
overall I am mostly pleased with this gizmo, I've been travelling with it for about a fortnight.
I have the time issue with the GPS. I've tried setting the local time once it has a lock, only to find out a few days later its out. I'm in GMT+9:30, so its only 1.5 hours out, however it is annoying.
I installed the latest available beta from here, but alas it only has Tokyo Time zone, which is GMT +9
I kinda need GMT +9.5, with a Daylight Saving toggle...

Hi,
overall I am mostly pleased with this gizmo, I've been travelling with it for about a fortnight.
I have the time issue with the GPS. I've tried setting the local time once it has a lock, only to find out a few days later its out. I'm in GMT+9:30, so its only 1.5 hours out, however it is annoying.
I installed the latest available beta from here, but alas it only has Tokyo Time zone, which is GMT +9
I kinda need GMT +9.5, with a Daylight Saving toggle...

Most dashcams that I know have even +/- full hour time zones. Only very few have 0.5 steps, so its a common issue right now in dashcam world.
I will address this to developer and see if he can do something for your region.

update on mine, I haven't had any issues at all since installing in December. I've since sold my truck and bought a 2002 subaru wrx wagon, I just got the low voltage disconnect from shpkorea that wasn't included so I'll install it tonight, wish it had an english translated installation guide. Looks like there's not enough room under my rear view mirror for it which sucks.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D II / S 7
DGTLSYSTEMS II / S 1
D II / S 9
I II / S 37
alexsoll II / S 263
Back