Powerucc Panorama2

Does anyone have the picture of the circuit board and camera sensor? I'd like to see how hard it would be to remote mount the camera and have the display up front.

This is what I discovered 10 month ago when bought my first Panorama II ;)
Hope it will help what you looking for.

Pano2 Inside 1.jpg

Panor2 Inside 2.jpg
a1.jpg
a2.jpg

Hi all first time posting here! Got my panorama last week and the experience has been quite good until today. I think I might have bricked the device, so I plugged in the power cable to the device when the key is in the first click position and so it powered up as usual, but then when it is still in the bootup screen I fired up the engine so the dashcam shut off and reboot and now the device only shows the bootup screen then a blank screen and I don't think it is recording at all. Any advice for me? I am guessing I can flash it with the firmware v1.12.02 as most of your guys here are loving it.

Remove SD card and try to start up in car. What does it says ?
ALso try connect using mobile phone charger at home via 5v power socket on the top, turn on. Let know what does it do then ? ( again, - without sd card inserted )

Why do you think you might have bricked it? It's unclear from your description what you were doing prior to it malfunctioning.

Remove SD card and try to start up in car. What does it says ?
ALso try connect using mobile phone charger at home via 5v power socket on the top, turn on. Let know what does it do then ? ( again, - without sd card inserted )

So after some more observation, the blue light next to the screen is flashing when I have the SD card in the device when powering up, but when the SD card is removed when powering on that same light goes into flashing red and the device beeps serval times.

The screen goes blank showing nothing at all right after safe driving-blackbox bootup screen, with or without the SD card installed. Also I heard that beeping sound when I drive over a pothole this morning (G-sensor), so I assume it is still recording? I will try to play the clips in the card tonight to confirm.

So after some more observation, the blue light next to the screen is flashing when I have the SD card in the device when powering up, but when the SD card is removed when powering on that same light goes into flashing red and the device beeps serval times.

The screen goes blank showing nothing at all right after safe driving-blackbox bootup screen, with or without the SD card installed. Also I heard that beeping sound when I drive over a pothole this morning (G-sensor), so I assume it is still recording? I will try to play the clips in the card tonight to confirm.

The behavior you describe is consistent with the unit operating with the screen off. The blue LED flashing means it is recording. The red LED flashing means it has no SD card. Whenever the blue LED is flashing try touching the screen (it is a touch screen after all) or pressing the menu button, this should make the screen turn on. I know, it seems stupid, but we don't know exactly what you've tried or haven't tried before.

A blue LED blinks through the middle hole on my device.
It sounds like you got an S.
http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/powerucc-panorama-s.4286/
This picture shows an LED in that location. It otherwise looks very similar. Maybe it has the II case with the S board?
But yes, a blue light in the front in many countries would be illegal because it looks like a police light. For now maybe put some black tape over it?
So I figured out what is the problem. I plugged the GPS into the AV/out by mistake and hence nothing showed up on the screen. Case closed.
Oops ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds like you got an S.
http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/powerucc-panorama-s.4286/
This picture shows an LED in that location. It otherwise looks very similar. Maybe it has the II case with the S board?
But yes, a blue light in the front in many countries would be illegal because it looks like a police light. For now maybe put some black tape over it?

Oops ;)

Wait a little bit, there will be a new Firmware which will turn off that blue led. Meanwhile cover led with black electrical tape ;)

New FW for Panorama-S / Panorama II v1.12.04 ( from 25 Feb 2014 ).
I will share tonight.

Panorama S FW v1.12.04.jpg

Overview and download link posted HERE

Thanks, that would be useful.

I don't think I got a Panorama S, it's a II for sure. Here is where the blue LED is located:
I'm in the same boat. I received a PII last week, and it came with a lens cap and front AND rear blue LEDs. I'll check the firmware version when I get a chance.

The date and clock was all correct too (except for timezone, but that's too be expected). I was surprised by the date/time, since I thought the internal battery wouldn't last that long. Good news on that front.

Initial thoughts on the lens cap:
*It seems pretty flimsy, but it fits on nice and snugly onto the camera lens.
*Colouring is pretty good, too. At first glance I didn't realise it was a cap. It matches the rest of the unit quite well.

[Цитата = "Нико, сообщение: 51691, членом: 1443"] ОБЗОР И ссылка ДЛЯ скачивания размещена ЗДЕСЬ [/ цитата]
Good afternoon. Thanks Nico for those. support and new firmware v.1.12.04. I downloaded it today and installed. A few words on the firmware v.1.12.02. After the 20 day test, I can confidently say is stable without glitches. video (day, night) as always great.

Guys, can someone share official firmware for Ukraine (I think same is for Russia)? I still have corrupted videos on FW 1.12.02, even after I changed SD card to Toshiba.
If original software will not help, I will go to the dealer to change or repair the device.

Buy the way these corrupted videos gives error in windows media player "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.", but if I press play again videos is playing from begin till end. Also windows disk checking see that these files are corrupted.

Guys, can someone share official firmware for Ukraine (I think same is for Russia)? I still have corrupted videos on FW 1.12.02, even after I changed SD card to Toshiba.
If original software will not help, I will go to the dealer to change or repair the device.

Buy the way these corrupted videos gives error in windows media player "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.", but if I press play again videos is playing from begin till end. Also windows disk checking see that these files are corrupted.
How corrupted file can be played??
It seems other pc problem.
You can try to play at machine also.
Kmplayer also can help to play

How corrupted file can be played??
It seems other pc problem.
You can try to play at machine also.
Kmplayer also can help to play
Very easy, if you copy some video file on usb drive and during copying pull out stick in the end of process some players can play this video but not fully.
I also try on other computer and it also shows same errors.
And other fact is that windows disk checking also says that these files are corrupted. From other side not all files have these problems.

Here is report, I noticed that it says "More than one entry in folder..." what it means?
upload_2014-3-3_13-54-13.png

Attachments

• upload_2014-3-3_13-52-59.png
    upload_2014-3-3_13-52-59.png
    57.2 KB · Views: 9
... and during copying pull out stick

Why you do this ?
This can caus file corruption.

Please try to play files directly from memory card inserted into laptop / usb card reader via VLC or Registrator Viewer.

Why you do this ?
This can caus file corruption.

Please try to play files directly from memory card inserted into laptop / usb card reader via VLC or Registrator Viewer.

That was just an example how corrupted file can be played.
Of course I play these files directly from sd card.
I have idea that device doesn't save files correctly.

So, can some one share FW for Ukraine/Russia?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D II / S 7
DGTLSYSTEMS II / S 1
D II / S 9
I II / S 37
alexsoll II / S 263
Back