Powerucc Panorama2

Nice. It's good to see active firmware development and a good quality product as well.

Now if only there were ____talk sites for a few other things I've been researching/buying recently.

Anyhow - on to the suggestions:
I like to have the LCD on all the time, but the problem is that it activates even when the car is stationary. I have the GPS module and battery discharge preventer, which is nice because it captures some interesting events while the car is parked. For example, recently there was a pretty freak storm that occurred - I looked over the footage and the day went from sunny and clear, to overcast and hailing in the space of 30 minutes!
Also I caught video of one of those flyer placing kids doing his weekend pocket money job putting flyers on cars.
Having the LCD light up in the car at night is a dead giveaway that there's some nice, possibly expensive equipment sitting there in the parked car and it attracts attention.

Now, what would be nice would be to have an option for the LCD stay off while GPS detects no movement. That way I could have it always on while driving, and off while parked. Of course, this relies on having the GPS module, but that's a nice upsell for Powerucc in any case.

The second idea is quite simple: a different icon/tone to differentiate between manual event and g-sensor events. For example, a G-sensor alert could have the 3 beep tone we're all familiar with and the usual icon. The manual event button could have a 2 beep, or short-long-short beep or really anything different, with a different icon on screen. The files could even go into a separate folder much like the EVENT/JPEG/VIDEO folders already used.

I would also gladly pay for a secondary shield. Australian weather is brutal, and the internal temperature on a hot summer day can easily exceed 50°C. I've had a can of pepsi literally explode (actually it's happened twice :( ) from just sitting in the car. At present, I have a teatowel wrapped around the camera to keep a bit of the direct sunlight off the camera. Whether or not this achieves anything is anybody's guess, but the case does feel a little cooler. A snap on, plastic heat shield that leaves room for the camera lens would be a much nicer solution. The tea towel frequently creeps down over the lens too, which is a minor pain in the ass.

1) I'll add it to the list but no promises on that one. (Understand though). Most people opt for the screen to turn off since it is illegal to have any motion video screen in the front while driving in the USA at least.

2) I'll add it to the list, no promises but all ideas are welcome

3) I can only suggest trying a DIY solution for this particular scenario as there are too many variables and the cost of R&D/tooling something universal like that isn't easy. All panorama dashcams are designed to work quite well even in extreme heat better than any other product out there

3) I can only suggest trying a DIY solution for this particular scenario as there are too many variables and the cost of R&D/tooling something universal like that isn't easy. All panorama dashcams are designed to work quite well even in extreme heat better than any other product out there
I'll have to make do in the mean time. And heat stress tolerance is one of my critical purchasing requirements that lead me to choose this particular camera in the first place ;)

I recently noticed on mine the focus was off. I thought meh, just the cam. Nothing I can do. I then had a look at some pics here and realised that indeed my cam was performing very poorly. I grabbed some needlenose pliars and gently rotated the thin plastic ring that the glass is in, and the difference is amazing! I thought I'd have to dismantle it but it was a simple procedure. Be careful if you try this at home, what worked for me might not work for you, do it at your own risk, etc etc! :)

the microUSB port on the camera is a factory service port only. (not for transferring files) If you power the Panorama in your home or car via this microUSB port, new recordings won't start automatically. Only use the included 12v cigarette lighter port adapter charger for day to day use.
So are you saying that I can use my droid phone charger with microUSB connector to power the dashcam and just use the manual video start from the menu screen to initiate the video?

You could but why would you want to risk forgetting to manually start the recoding each time? I'm not aware of anyone using it that way full time. You should use the 12v cigarette lighter power adapter as intended so everything is automatic set it and forget it. You can hard wire that to a motopark low voltage cut off kit as another alternative.

Last edited:
You have to remember to turn it on, and start the recording, it's only a service port, it's not intended for regular use, doesn't charge the capacitors either from memory

The question for owners: i have some focusing problems with lens? (The same video quality was with different filmwares)

Last edited by a moderator:
How long have you had it? If window and lens is clean it's possible the factory fixed focus was set a bit short. RMA swap is the fastest fix but there is a DIY solution.
I have it for a long time but first time i saw video on TV's screen after 4-5 months of using (yeah yeah, i'm so stupid). In planning change lense for this one, so i will see if it help. But i'm worry that it is hardware's problem.

And thx for link

From footage on YouTube, this camera's video quality is lower than some under-$100 dash cams. Can someone post an untouched video where YouTube doesn't ruin the quality?

What I'm worried about is difficulty to read plate numbers due to the high angle. Everything else seems good - durability and no issues in high temperature environment, right?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D II / S 7
DGTLSYSTEMS II / S 1
D II / S 9
I II / S 37
alexsoll II / S 263
Back