Powerucc Panorama2

Good evening.
Test video Firmware v.1.08.05 (day, night) -good !

Good afternoon.
The new beta firmware v.1.10.04

yuriy said:
Good afternoon.
The new beta firmware v.1.10.04

Thanks for update. V1.08.05 works perfectly. No complains at all.
Will test beta over the weekend.
Just wonder if first might need to update v1.08.05 to beta v1.09.03 and only then to v1.10.04? I might first ask developer to get correct results.

Beta version updates Google translated:

Features and Updates Firmware v1.10.04-night increase the brightness (white balance), v1.09.03 beta version fixes some errors, motion (motion) detection recording 5 seconds before the record store is detected, the motion detection sensitivity of 10%, increasing memory Update and other fine-tuning

Hello all,
I have a question:
Has the Panorama 2 a build in GPS (with internal antenna) or it is required to connect a external GPS modul ?
Thanks
Phill68

Phill68 said:
Hello all,
I have a question:
Has the Panorama 2 a build in GPS (with internal antenna) or it is required to connect a external GPS modul ?
Thanks
Phill68

Hi,
IF you read thread, you will find a lot of info and pictures regarding all info ( along with GPS antenna ).
Quick answer: - it has external GPS antenna, which proven to be more sensitive and quicker that those dash cameras which using internally built small components gps antennas.
For all other questions better if you go trough whole thread. We discussed almost every possible situation / question there.
If you find some new questions, please feel free to ask.

Re: AW: Powerucc Panorama2

Concerning the use of 64GB cards:
a) yes, is works if you format the card to FAT32 (using an appropriate tool)
b) if you format the card by the cam, current firmware (what i always prefer to do because i assume a device knows what suits best for later use...): card nit accessible!
You the have to plug it to a pc again to reformat.

Re: AW: Powerucc Panorama2

adorfer said:
Concerning the use of 64GB cards:
a) yes, is works if you format the card to FAT32 (using an appropriate tool)
b) if you format the card by the cam, current firmware (what i always prefer to do because i assume a device knows what suits best for later use...): card nit accessible!
You the have to plug it to a pc again to reformat.

What kind of firmware version you tried format inside dash camera 64gb ?
Have you tried new beta as well ? ( I did not had much time to get to that firmware yet )

Good afternoon.
Rolled back to firmware v.1.08.03
On firmware v.1.08.05 appeared periodically glitches.
When you turn on the video recording was not made, and turns off and the panorama 2 to infinity ...
and satellites caught more than 10 minutes.
On firmware v.1.08.03 week rest all is well.

yuriy said:
Good afternoon.
Rolled back to firmware v.1.08.03
On firmware v.1.08.05 appeared periodically glitches.
When you turn on the video recording was not made, and turns off and the panorama 2 to infinity ...
and satellites caught more than 10 minutes.
On firmware v.1.08.03 week rest all is well.

So, you were testing the latest v10 beta version and it glitches, right?

Firmware: v.1.09.03; v.1.10.04 I did not set.
The latest version of which I used 1.08.05, a week after the test day had a problem with it. I had to revert to v.1.08.03 which so far so good.

yuriy said:
Firmware: v.1.09.03; v.1.10.04 I did not set.
The latest version of which I used 1.08.05, a week after the test day had a problem with it. I had to revert to v.1.08.03 which so far so good.

Ok, I see now.
Mine v1.08.05 works flawlessly for the past 3 weeks no problems at all yet.
Will go one more week and then will try a v1.10.04 beta.

rraider said:
Does the GPS work in the US yet?

With RegistratorViewer this issue was fixed for most countries where it did had reading errors before when using original PC viewer/ player. I did not get hear any confirmation answer after that fix from USA buyer yet.
Please scroll forum, find that USA buyer and PM him to confirm if GPS readings works fine with RegistratorViewer.

niko said:
rraider said:
Does the GPS work in the US yet?

With RegistratorViewer this issue was fixed for most countries where it did had reading errors before when using original PC viewer/ player. I did not get hear any confirmation answer after that fix from USA buyer yet.
Please scroll forum, find that USA buyer and PM him to confirm if GPS readings works fine with RegistratorViewer.

Thanks, after a long debate with myself I went a head and ordered the gt550w instead because of the difference in price with the idea that once jokiin's new product and other A7 devices hit the market I'll move it to the rear and get a camera with the new chip and gps for the front. Thanks for all you do here, it's people like you who helped me make an educated decision and not get burned by marketing hype.

After numerous side by side tests Panorama2 vs LS300W, I can say Panorama2 beats DOD, but as you mentioned, - they are from different price ranges, so it would not be fair to compare.
I think you did the right choice in buying good dash camera from mid price range. This way you can learn, study and get more knowledge ( especially if it is your first dash cam ) and later go for more advanced ones, as you planned.

I've read the whole thread and got curious about this camera, and because there is a German guy around, so I'd like to ask the european people where can we buy this camera (or a more generic question for another thread, any camera)? There are a lot of cameras - this one in special - that I can't find anywhere on an european store, no matter what kind of search query I try. Do you buy directly from asia and pay the customs taxes? I'm from Portugal, but we can easily buy from Germany and then get a friend sending back here. (I assume we'd have the same GPS issue as Ireland, as Portugal is also negative / West :( ) The only camera I could find so far was the GS9000, at €59 coming from asia and €110 coming from Spain, hence why we don't like to play with the Portuguese customs guys - the taxes are "variable", and the delay doubly so.

davipt said:
I've read the whole thread and got curious about this camera, and because there is a German guy around, so I'd like to ask the european people where can we buy this camera (or a more generic question for another thread, any camera)? There are a lot of cameras - this one in special - that I can't find anywhere on an european store, no matter what kind of search query I try. Do you buy directly from asia and pay the customs taxes? I'm from Portugal, but we can easily buy from Germany and then get a friend sending back here. (I assume we'd have the same GPS issue as Ireland, as Portugal is also negative / West :( ) The only camera I could find so far was the GS9000, at €59 coming from asia and €110 coming from Spain, hence why we don't like to play with the Portuguese customs guys - the taxes are "variable", and the delay doubly so.

Hi Davipt,
I found this dash camera 6 month ago and since then I haven't found any better dash camera from any perspectives. Despite at the beginning there was some gps data log reading issue for some GMT area ( Ireland, UK ), but after Russian RegistratorViewer developer released Beta version, - everything works smoothly, no complains from my side.
Powerucc is actually not ready to sell outside Korea. Their website is still in Korean and not English translated. They might plan start selling it internationally next year. However Panorama2 has ENglish language firmware and up to date updates.
On Korean market price is high ( 220-250 usd )
At the moment the only reliable place to buy is: shpkorea:
http://www.ebay.ie/sch/m.html?_odkw...=p2046732.m570.l1313&_nkw=panoramaii&_sacat=0

183usd including deliver:

or you can add GPS, larger capacity memory card, power cut-off device, etc, - depending on your needs.

Yes, Portuguese customs is unpredictable with long delays and crazy unexplained taxes. Best if you buy and ask to send package to Germany, then after your friend can send it to you.

niko said:
davipt said:
...where can we buy this camera...
At the moment the only reliable place to buy is: shpkorea:
http://www.ebay.ie/sch/m.html?_odkw=son ... i&_sacat=0

183usd including deliver:

or you can add GPS, larger capacity memory card, power cut-off device, etc, - depending on your needs.

Yes, Portuguese customs is unpredictable with long delays and crazy unexplained taxes. Best if you buy and ask to send package to Germany, then after your friend can send it to you.

Thanks, so the only way to buy is through this seller (I've read it's a trusted guy), and directly from Korea. And it's 183 the top 32GB+GPS+Power Pack.

On the other hand sending to Germany, from my experience when I lived there, is faster (stuff won't get "lost"), but then later the bill will arrive at home.

adorfer care to share your experience please?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D II / S 7
DGTLSYSTEMS II / S 1
D II / S 9
I II / S 37
alexsoll II / S 263
Back