Pre-orders

Hey everyone,
Thank you for the support - as you can see one of the problem I do have (and have always admitted) is that I react sometimes too quickly and let my emotions control what I say. I'm not a fan of editing what I say in hindsight as I don't think it gives a fair reflection and attempts to edit the past so I'll leave the blog post unless something major happens. @petepete I wish it was 3000 units, if we JUST sold through our website that might be close (still to low but closer) and had no returns etc, however, as we are selling wholesale and will returns that number is close to 10,000 - it's less than that but not far off.

I would also like to apologise to you for the way I reacted - that was unprofessional and not at all what JooVuu is about, so I am sorry PetePete (not making this a love fest don't worry).

@vodka redbull we've seen you lurking on the community pages, thank you for the encouragement, glad to see you are following us!

@Stumpy I'm not sure what 'doing a VW' is, but we'll be calming down and definitely staying around. Whilst we are under high stress and pressure this is something we signed up for and as such we have to deal with it. I especially can have a reactionary temperament and I need a calmer one sometimes - it's something I'm forever working on. I'm not sure I'll be writing a book haha but at the end of this week I'll be releasing a very long blog post of just what has happened this week, plus we'll be continuing the blog - I love writing it.

Anyway back on topic now!

Dan

Hi Dan,

Yeah I have been watching with some interest.

In the past I have purchased a Mobius from you (that failed and your customer service was great), a Mini 0801 and a Mini 0803. Both the Mini's have big problems now so your comments in you blog about cheap cameras rings true with me.

Looking forward to seeing the footage from the batch you are waiting for tomorrow as I need to buy 1 or 2 cameras to replace the Mini's.

Without wanting to blow smoke up your ass, I find your blog really interesting and your honesty refreshing.

Watching with bated breath!

Cheers

Mark (aka Vodka Redbull)

Hi Dan,

Yeah I have been watching with some interest.

In the past I have purchased a Mobius from you (that failed and your customer service was great), a Mini 0801 and a Mini 0803. Both the Mini's have big problems now so your comments in you blog about cheap cameras rings true with me.

Looking forward to seeing the footage from the batch you are waiting for tomorrow as I need to buy 1 or 2 cameras to replace the Mini's.

Without wanting to blow smoke up your ass, I find your blog really interesting and your honesty refreshing.

Watching with bated breath!

Cheers

Mark (aka Vodka Redbull)

Hi Mark,
I'm uploading footage now, some 2560x1080 30fps footage. This is with the latest firmware, I was driving for 52 minutes solid and the camera was luke warm at best (I'll get temps later today) which is fantastic.

And well now our ego is so big I can't get out of this room ;) I kid of course, but I'm glad you enjoy it. There's never really been an in-depth look at something like this before and I love reading stuff similar to this like the 'behind the scenes' stuff that you never actually know goes on, so hopefully sharing that with everyone is a new experience and has brought a bit more information to the table.

I'll be getting SO MUCH footage uploaded over the coming days/weeks so stay tuned!

Kind regards,
Dan

The pricing is now available:
£127.50 (https://www.joovuu-x.com/shop/joovuu-x/)
$168.99USD (https://shop.pier28.com/index.php/dashcams/joovuu-x-super-hd-wifi-dashcam-actioncam.html)
$269.99AUD (http://www.dashcamscentral.com.au/dash-cam/joovuu-x-coming-soon/)
€179.99 (link coming soon!)
Canada: http://www.calgarydashcam.com/shop#!/JooVuu-X/p/54666271/category=14531017

We also have a blog post explaining a few things: https://www.joovuu-x.com/joovuu-x-price/

The community boards www.joovuu.com/community will be getting pretty active from about Wednesday onwards so sign up and check them out!

Please leave any feedback

Kind regards,

Dan

I think for what it offers it's a very competitive price. The only reason I was expecting it to be lower was because I didn't realize all it's features; Wi-Fi, 60fps, and I've never even heard of 2.5k resolution.

My understanding is it's also water proof or water resistant without a case? What sort of depth?

I'm so new to dash cams that I'm also wondering why it has a USB and HDMI cable port?

Lastly, I've seen GPS mentioned; does that mean it will be compatible with a separate GPS unit? Such as...?

I think for what it offers it's a very competitive price. The only reason I was expecting it to be lower was because I didn't realize all it's features; Wi-Fi, 60fps, and I've never even heard of 2.5k resolution.

My understanding is it's also water proof or water resistant without a case? What sort of depth?

I'm so new to dash cams that I'm also wondering why it has a USB and HDMI cable port?

Lastly, I've seen GPS mentioned; does that mean it will be compatible with a separate GPS unit? Such as...?

Hi Mii,
It's not water resistant sadly, we were going to have that in the early stage but it caused a LOT of heat issues...however, a waterproof case is already in the works. The USB is a for charging (supplying it with power), and also allows files to be trasnfered from the microSD inside the camera onto a computer. It also has TV Out functions, so you can plug it into your tv with a mini-usb AV cable and watch your videos on the tv. The micro-HDMI port is for watching your files on the tv/screen through a micro-HDMI cable which has sharper clarity than USB.

The GPS is INCLUDED for pre-orders (after that it won't be but then the price will be cheaper). I'll get pictures of the GPS cable up later tonight. I'm also hoping to get a video tonight/tomorrow of the GPS in action.

Cheers,

Dan

Nice camera, so could you also post a picture, or alternatively, a description of the type of mounts available? Thanks

@JooVuu

The best mounts I've used are the Cobra ones. The Cobra 820 and its mount were perfect - shame about the reliability. I still use my Cobra 840 but your cam might - I said might - oust it. :)

Pictures below of the Cobra 820 suction mount (screw thread) and the Cobra 840 suction mount (hinged through GPS module, plus ball-and-socket).

One more thought about mounts......
UK law says any object attached to the windscreen within the swept area should be no more than 40mm in size. Therefore a mount measuring no more than 40mm diameter could allow greater choice for mounting without being dubiously legal.

;)

Hi Mii,
It's not water resistant sadly, we were going to have that in the early stage but it caused a LOT of heat issues...however, a waterproof case is already in the works. The USB is a for charging (supplying it with power), and also allows files to be trasnfered from the microSD inside the camera onto a computer. It also has TV Out functions, so you can plug it into your tv with a mini-usb AV cable and watch your videos on the tv. The micro-HDMI port is for watching your files on the tv/screen through a micro-HDMI cable which has sharper clarity than USB.

The GPS is INCLUDED for pre-orders (after that it won't be but then the price will be cheaper). I'll get pictures of the GPS cable up later tonight. I'm also hoping to get a video tonight/tomorrow of the GPS in action.

Cheers,

Dan

It does seem like you'd be asking for trouble by claiming water resistant. Take the Galaxy s5 - people complained it got water damage when it didn't hold up in water because the charger port wasn't in all the way. I think it was a smart choice to just make a water proof case.

That is what I thought they were for, thanks for clarifying. Is the Wi-Fi also for transferring videos onto the computer or they can only be uploaded to a certain destination?

I look forward to seeing the GPS in action!

Dan - Maybe it's just me - I've not found any pictures of the GPS bit and how it attaches etc. I'm sort of on the PRE-ORDER edge. tbh I'm not sure I want or would use the GPS bit - but...........

Dan - Maybe it's just me - I've not found any pictures of the GPS bit and how it attaches etc. I'm sort of on the PRE-ORDER edge. tbh I'm not sure I want or would use the GPS bit - but...........

It's inline with the USB power cable I think

What Jokiin said. I'll get a picture up!

Sorry just writing the manual still...re-started it again, though here is the quick guide: https://www.joovuu-x.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Camera-Quick-Start-2.pdf

@JooVuu

The best mounts I've used are the Cobra ones. The Cobra 820 and its mount were perfect - shame about the reliability. I still use my Cobra 840 but your cam might - I said might - oust it. :)

Pictures below of the Cobra 820 suction mount (screw thread) and the Cobra 840 suction mount (hinged through GPS module, plus ball-and-socket).

One more thought about mounts......
UK law says any object attached to the windscreen within the swept area should be no more than 40mm in size. Therefore a mount measuring no more than 40mm diameter could allow greater choice for mounting without being dubiously legal.

;)

Hi @2000rpm
The mount we are using is unfortunately about 5.3cm so we may have to keep looking. However, I have been testing the mounts a lot for virtually the past day and my thinking has shifted.

I like having a mount is that easy to remove and place without too much hassle which is why I liked the 1 axis mount, however, I've been trying the 'magnetic sticky back' and it's fantastic. Genuinely fantastic. Here's a small video of it working and a few pictures:

Also here's the 'quick guide' for the joovuu x:

https://www.joovuu-x.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Camera-Quick-Start-2.pdf

Attachments

• IMG_20151002_145224376_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20151002_145224376_HDR.jpg
    301.5 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20151002_145145187_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20151002_145145187_HDR.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
T
Only a single axis of adjustment combined with adhesive is going to be problematic for getting the camera well positioned.
I would prefer an extra axis of adjustment, or a suction mount so I can have several attempts at getting it level!
This mount allow very similar adjustment to a ball joint mount.Left ,right, up, down,
What Jokiin said. I'll get a picture up!

Sorry just writing the manual still...re-started it again, though here is the quick guide: https://www.joovuu-x.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Camera-Quick-Start-2.pdf

Yes as Jokin says it is in line with the power cable...this is not the best image but this is it...quite tidy actually

IMG_20151002_235404.jpg

T
Only a single axis of adjustment combined with adhesive is going to be problematic for getting the camera well positioned.
I would prefer an extra axis of adjustment, or a suction mount so I can have several attempts at getting it level!
This mount allow very similar adjustment to a ball joint mount.Left ,right, up, down, I have been trialing it today and it work very well even on the upright windscreen of my Hyundai SUV Santa FeIMG_20151002_210127.jpg anta Fe

This mount allow very similar adjustment to a ball joint mount.Left ,right, up, down,

While it is similar to a ball joint mount it does not accomplish the one adjustment many of us require and that is the ability to adjust for the axis of the horizon.

While it is similar to a ball joint mount it does not accomplish the one adjustment many of us require and that is the ability to adjust for the axis of the horizon.

Each mount has their pro's and con's and this is where I'll be asking every tester and reseller their opinion. We cannot get a mount which everyone will love which is why different mounts will be available.

Cheers,

Dan

How long is the wire between the mini USB and the GPS module?

Lac

Back