Pre-orders

Just updated our site to include now include price, open up Pre orders and include our warranty and service guarantee for JooVuu X.

A few questions.....

1. Can you add some pictures of the mount (cam attached to its mount would be good), so I could judge whether it might fit my car, or whether I might have to search for alternate mounts (my windscreen is not the easiest to attach cams to)?

2. Is it confirmed 1080p at 60fps?

3. Were you able to produce it with adjustable field of view (80 to 140 degrees, or something like that) and does the image quality or resolution get compromised?

4. How long will it retain time and date if the cam isn't used?

5. Does the website now have a downloadable user manual?

That price is competing with jokiin's Street Guardian SG9665GC in Australia. Which one will more people choose?

That's exactly what I was thinking. If I needed a dashcam now, SG would be my choice (maybe even SJ M10+) I will wait until all the accessories are ironed out and I see some footage comparisons.

Putting the cat amongst the pigeons....

I have never heard of any company who on their product website intending to sell to the public would write and supply information with tone of language and unprofessionalism like below....

Forums are forums, but business websites are a whole kettle of different things and use of the four letter word on one is just appalling and tells you exactly the language and attitude to expect
should joovuu see fit to use it again...

un believable...

No good salesperson ever expresses his own opinion, nor gives anything but positive encouraging words... and then there s JV who broke every rule in this offensive badly written manner !!!!

https://www.joovuu-x.com/a-race-to-the-top-not-the-bottom/

perhaps joovuu s colourful words are best reserved for what I think to spending £127.50 on an unproven dashcam that has delivered at best mediocre footage on public forums thus far..

correct me if I ve missed something or been unfair please...

Last edited:
Putting the cat amongst the pigeons....

I have never heard of any company who on their product website intending to sell to the public would write and supply information with tone of language and unprofessionalism like below....

Forums are forums, but business websites are a whole kettle of different things and use of the four letter word on one is just appalling and tells you exactly the language and attitude to expect
should joovuu see fit to use it again...

un believable...

No good salesperson ever expresses his own opinion, nor gives anything but positive encouraging words....

perhaps joovuu s words are best reserved for what I think to spending £127.50 on an unproven dashcam that has delivered at best mediocre footage on public forums thus far..

correct me if I ve missed something or been unfair please...

Hi @petepete
Thank you for your feedback. I think what is unfair is you taking issue with a frank piece of writing which is okay, if you want corporate rose tinted glasses please visit, sony, nikon, amazon, apple or whoever, it's fine - I really couldn't care less. Whilst the blog has an abrupt tone it highlights areas my guess is 99% of the people do not know or think of. Most people see this for price: materials. Then any extra past the material cost is 'outrageous' etc. No one actually really ever broaches the subject of what goes on behind the scenes and the hidden costs that rarely see the light of day.

If you want to talk about sales, please do, however: 'No good salesperson ever expresses his own opinion, nor gives anything but positive encouraging words....' clearly shows that if you are a sales person, what kind of sales person you are, and/or you have little knowledge. I can cow toe to public demand and say oh this is amazing or stuff like 'omgz dis iz lyke da most amazinnnnn product evaaaa' and whilst I have believed in products before that have let me down, I have never knowingly mis-lead nor lied to people. As such I refuse to do that on my blog or advice. I've always said I try and give as much information as possible and in as raw a format as possible and so far the blog has been pretty well received. I'm not aware of any other blogs, articles, BTS that give us as much information as we do, in fact a person on the forums recently commented how much he enjoyed them (https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/anytek-a1.14147/page-2#post-185527)

Our language is strong sure, but then that shows you our passion (you may argue our attitude) and that actually we're not like other companies. We're allowed to challenge perceptions in whatever way we deem necessary - sure we could have bit our tongue but then we just let mis-information like what you believe to spread. So rather than let the disease spread and misinformation we prefer to fight it. We fight for everything we believe in, we've poured our heart and soul into this camera and we're not going to let people create false perceptions about this. If I accused you are being a clown who danced around naked on a Saturday night telling inappropriate jokes would you just bite your tongue or would you want people to understand if you did, why you did it, or if you did not, why what I'm saying is false? I'm clearly exaggerating this point, but it's to actually make my point. There seems to be a great perception that companies should never respond and just bite their tongue whilst customers say whatever they want. I do not follow that. Say whatever you want if it has merit, but do not expect us not to respond or defend ourselves.

You talk of professional yet your last sentence reaks of a person who is just writing something against us for the sake of it. Which is fine, luckily we're not trying to be your best friend nor particulary know you. We cannot be liked by everyone and I refuse to compromise who I am nor my morals to be liked. You may change who you are to get a few minutes of fame or friendship but I don't operate that way. At least everyone knows with me my passion for my company and camera and my opinion. Like me or not, agree with me or don't, buy the JooVuu X or not, it does not bother us. But please just stop being that guy.

Kind regards,

Dan

A few questions.....

1. Can you add some pictures of the mount (cam attached to its mount would be good), so I could judge whether it might fit my car, or whether I might have to search for alternate mounts (my windscreen is not the easiest to attach cams to)?

2. Is it confirmed 1080p at 60fps?

3. Were you able to produce it with adjustable field of view (80 to 140 degrees, or something like that) and does the image quality or resolution get compromised?

4. How long will it retain time and date if the cam isn't used?

5. Does the website now have a downloadable user manual?

Hey @2000rpm
Glad to see you're still following the JooVuu X.

1) I'll get them up tomorrow.

2) Yes, ask @kamkar1 or @Padwanjoe

3) We have been able to, you will be able to choose from a variety of FoV's. We're changed it slightly in the latest build (testers will receive theirs this week) so quality should not be compromised, however @kamkar1 has used this more than me and can give you a better run down on this.

4) RTC is being tweaked with before production but in this sample I believe it is at least 1 week, I don't have the information with me at the moment but will get it posted as soon as I do.

5) I'm just finishing the quick guide today and then the manual will be posted later this week/early next. I've re-written about 20 times but finally I have written something I'm happy with.

Any more questions just ask.

Kind regards,

Dan

That's exactly what I was thinking. If I needed a dashcam now, SG would be my choice (maybe even SJ M10+) I will wait until all the accessories are ironed out and I see some footage comparisons.

We've got a comparisson with Xiaomi coming out and we'll get more in the coming days.

Cheers,

Dan

Dan..

I am not getting into a spat and I agree with you it is pretty obvious "you couldn't care less" ( your words)

You are also right about the 99% of what people don't think of, in point of fact they are thinking nice positive thoughts of a new camera with no problems and a warranty and you ve just killed those off with your abrupt tone and put negative thoughts in their head :eek::eek::eek::eek:

I get that you don't get it and never learned to listen or take constructive criticism and believe it to be something of a personal attack...

Its was nt meant like that, rather more meant to educate having been shocked to see such an error of judgement on what you would like to think of as your "professional" website ...

I have broad shoulders, feel free to assume as you have and be rude to me and take nothing away from what I have written other than negativity...

And in a very good place at the moment, you ll have to forgive me for not changing as I like "being that guy" who can obviously be more reasonable, and sensible at times others fail to be.:D

I went onto read Ollie s response, a well known regular on there with 3000 posts - a pattern emerging ?... LOL...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2508517&page=4

Last edited:
Its was nt meant like that, rather more meant to educate having been shocked to see such an error of judgement on what you would like to think of as your "professional" website ...

I work for a plc that has the same word that I assume offended you on the corporate blog.

JooVuu-X looks like a great product Dan, and I don't think you'll lose sales as a result of your passionate website copy.

A big post about pricing, warranties, and costs. This sheds a light on something that people rarely see or understand.

Kind regards,

Dan

I was very confused by this post. I opened it in my e-mail and it wouldn't allow me to click on what the RC OlliW lad said. Without being able to read the whole comment, the Blog post does come off as a random irate tantrum. It was only when I was able to read what OlliW said in full and figured out this was a Blog post that it made sense.

I think it's refreshing to find places like JooVuu who own what they are about. However I do believe there is a way to handle criticism where a response doesn't come off as juvenile. You can be informative and teach without stooping. I think Dan did a fairly fine job with his Blog post - it's informative, made me chuckle and yes has some adult language.

I personally hate dealing with "free customer service." Those are places that read from a script and apologizes for all your troubles in a monotone voice; a voice that doesn't speak clear English (or your native language.) I'd prefer to deal with a real person who knows what I'm saying and who knows what they are talking about and I know that I have to pay a bit more for it and am happy to do it. I'm also realistic enough to realize nothing is flawless - especially electronics. I often look into warranties and customer service when purchasing something expensive; like a car so I know what I'm in for should and when a problem arises.

The only suggestion / comment I have about the Blog post is to include what OlliW said in full and a bit of back story as to why.

If we all agreed on everything, life would be boring and no one would be passionate about anything.

I think the guy on the RC forums was trying to make a point (that didn't come across very well) that if the product is great there is no warranty and support costs, that's a long way from reality, the richest tech company in the world (Apple) can't make products that don't fail, even if you could make the elusive non failing product it doesn't take away the support calls, not everyone is an expert and you spend a lot of time answering very simple questions if you want to have a well supported product

Throwaway comments like this guy made are just reflective of people that have no idea how much it costs to bring a product to market, develop, build, distribute, support etc

As long as he does not do a VW on us, we're good. :D

Cut the br0tha some slack.

He's under high stress trying to launch his new product. Imagine taking a leap of faith and investing a ton of your own money in a product which could sink your business if it failed.

Give the man some support instead of micro-analysing every word he says.

I enjoy reading his blog posts. I hope he writes a book on his trials & tribulations of having a dream and being brave enough to pursue it. Its something 90% of the population does not have the balls to do.

As long as he does not do a VW on us, we're good. :D

Cut the br0tha some slack.

He's under high stress trying to launch his new product. Imagine taking a leap of faith and investing a ton of your own money in a product which could sink your business if it failed.

Give the man some support instead of micro-analysing every word he says.

I enjoy reading his blog posts. I hope he writes a book on his trials & tribulations of having a dream and being brave enough to pursue it. Its something 90% of the population does not have the balls to do.

Well said Stumpy.

Nothing wrong in having a passion for what you are doing. Dan (Joovuu) is being open and honest and his blogs give an insight into what's involved in the background.

I hope his vision and product succeeds. Good luck that man!

I hope his vision and product succeeds. Good luck that man!

An all in £80k investment, a fledgling captive WORLD market that laps any new product up, and pricing that requires less than 3ooo unit sales by my calculations to break even and swift future plans to develop another product at similar cost gives insight into minimum projected profits.....

Hope and good luck, are you joking !!!!

It would be almost impossible to fail with the product ready for market as every 080" no matter how overheated or unreliable has demonstrated over the years :D:D:D:D

I might add were this a company with shares, I would certainly recognise the risk reward and be buying heavily at this stage...

Last edited:
Hey everyone,
Thank you for the support - as you can see one of the problem I do have (and have always admitted) is that I react sometimes too quickly and let my emotions control what I say. I'm not a fan of editing what I say in hindsight as I don't think it gives a fair reflection and attempts to edit the past so I'll leave the blog post unless something major happens. @petepete I wish it was 3000 units, if we JUST sold through our website that might be close (still to low but closer) and had no returns etc, however, as we are selling wholesale and will returns that number is close to 10,000 - it's less than that but not far off.

I would also like to apologise to you for the way I reacted - that was unprofessional and not at all what JooVuu is about, so I am sorry PetePete (not making this a love fest don't worry).

@vodka redbull we've seen you lurking on the community pages, thank you for the encouragement, glad to see you are following us!

@Stumpy I'm not sure what 'doing a VW' is, but we'll be calming down and definitely staying around. Whilst we are under high stress and pressure this is something we signed up for and as such we have to deal with it. I especially can have a reactionary temperament and I need a calmer one sometimes - it's something I'm forever working on. I'm not sure I'll be writing a book haha but at the end of this week I'll be releasing a very long blog post of just what has happened this week, plus we'll be continuing the blog - I love writing it.

Anyway back on topic now!

Dan

Hey so I'm writing a diary about this week and because it's so long I'm splitting it into 2 parts. Here's the first part, this gives you just some idea of a week for me.

https://www.joovuu-x.com/diary-28-30th-sept-2015/

Kind regards,

Dan

Those long holidays in China always throws a wrench in the works. (always the worst timing when you need something expedited)

Yeah big national holliday in China is comming up,,,, or rather is up 1 - 7 oktober :)

Back