Problem SG9665GHC, Transcend 64GB Micro SDXC-UHS-1 memory card , and Registrator Viewer

I am dropping clues left and right, if i was to start dropping other things i would make a excellent politician :p or a lousy juggler :)

But i can relate to the guy in the avatar, not only the name but allso his life.
Everything was a dance on roses and suddenly you are chased by a horde of romans with no good intentions.

I think i will have to resume static testing tomorrow, or else it will be a while before i can confirm this card to work with the 9665GC

Last edited:
I was using the card reader supplied with the SG9665GC package. I was using one of the USB ports on the front of the computer. I was copying files to a new folder that I created on my desktop.

I will get into working with this as soon as I get a mini sd card back from Transcend.

I am using a Transcend 64GB Micro SDXC-UHS-1 memory card that I have had for just over a week. ( Verified as authentic via transcend website through serial no. check ) in my SG9665GC. Been on holiday in North Yorkshire and returned earlier today. Have just put card into my computer and watching the recorded videos in RV. did nothing any different than did with any other card I have used with the GC. Playing straight from the card in the supplied adapter, in a SD slot on the side of my laptop. The card is full and has over written older files, as the first day away is no longer on the card. no play back problems or recording problems encountered.

actually was discussing this today with the engineers and asked what they considered to be the better cards to use and they all stated the Taiwanese Transcend cards where the way to go

My new 64 Gb Kingston card seem to be working flawless, have been recording for so long the card must have filled up at least 2 times.

Kingston SDXC 10/64GB - N0427-006.A01LF

Have just changed the 64GB transcend card from the Transcend supplied SD adapter, into the adapter that came in the box with the SG9665GC ( little red / black usb adapter ). installed itself ok, but files won't run from it inRV. Appears to be a problem with the adapter of the driver/ software for it. Gives error message broken missing files etc. Have re checked in Transcend SD card adapter and all still working fine.

the card reader should work fine with the 32gb cards but may not work with all 64gb cards, can you check it and see, if it turns out there's a problem with the adapter let us know and we'll make sure we get another one out to you to replace it

32GB card works no problem with the street guardian supplied adapter in RV. Only 64gb card not working correctly. Not a problem for me however, as I always use the SD card adapter as it suits my set up better.

thanks for the update

as larger memory cards are getting more affordable and more common we may need to look to changing up to a USB3.0 reader soon I think

@jokiin I noticed earlier today when I tried to use the little SG reader with a 64GB Samsung card it would work initially for around 30 seconds and then disconnect - to be honest I'd assumed it was a laptop issue but maybe not reading this.

Tried it in multiple ports and it would start reading but then you'd hear the noise of the USB device disconnecting.

The USB 3.0 readers can be a pain in the arse too - the Lexar ones that came with those cards recently work great in some PCs but in others just come up and say the device malfunctioned and don't work at all - I haven't spotted the pattern yet!

The cheaper Transcend readers have a great rep (RDF5 & RDF8)- not sure if they'd do a deal with SG branded versions if you bought loads of cards and readers in bulk?

the readers we buy 3000 at a time, that's the third type we've used, I like the first one we had but they weren't available last time we ordered but we might revisit that soon and see what's available that might be better for the larger cards, at the moment I'd probably say if buying a larger card look for one that comes with the bonus reader in the packet as you'd know the controller chipsets are going to be compatible

Back