Problem SG9665GHC, Transcend 64GB Micro SDXC-UHS-1 memory card , and Registrator Viewer

Robert Hann

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am having issues with a Transcend 64GB Micro SDXC-UHS-1 memory card which I am trying to use in my SG9665GC. When I download the data files to Registrator viewer I am getting an error message that the files are missing or broken. I have attempted reading the files into my computer using both the Transcend card reader and the SG card reader which came with my Street Guardian camera package.
I believe that the SG9665GC and Registrator Viewer program are working properly because it all works correctly if I use the 32GB memory card and card reader that came with the SG9665GC package. Registrator Viewer does not seem to like files created on the Transcend 64 GB card.
I purchased the Transcend 64GB Micro SDXC-UHS-1 memory card from B&H Photo on the internet. I have purchased from them before without problems, but I have to wonder if I may have received a counterfeit card that is not the class 10 card that it is represented to be. I paid $29.00, which is a very good price, if it is what it is supposed to be. I have sent the card to Transcend, who will evaluate the card to see if everything is proper. They will do one of the following: send me a new card (if it is defective, or return the card to me if everything is OK, or they will let me know that the card is counterfeit…..in which case I do not know what they will do.
Before using the card for the first time I used the format function in the SG9665GC, then used the card. I put it into the Transcend Card reader that came with the Transcend 64GB Micro SDXC-UHS-1 memory card, then used my sd cars reader on my HP Photosmart printer to access the card information to the RV program.
Next try I reformatted the Transcend card then made some test videos from the SG9665GC.
This time I used the micro sd card reader that came with the SG9665GC.
In both cases I allowed RV program to read the files into RV as part of the RV startup process. In all cases I received files that would not work in the RV software.
Next step will be to continue working with the problem when I get the Transcend 64GB Micro SDXC-UHS-1 memory card once I get it back from Transcend.
Are there any settings that I missed in configuring the SG9665GC camera?
Does it make a difference if I use the SG9665GC micro SD card reader or use the Transcend card reader a SD port on my computer?
Any other thoughts of what might be causing the problems that I am experiencing?

I did the RMA on my 64Gb kingston card today, will hand it in at the shop tomorrow, and hopefully since its a kingston card with lifetime warrenty leave the shop with a new card.

What ever they do i will proberly go to another shop and buy another 64 Gb SDXC kingston card, but this one a faster U3 card.

I never got around to use registrator viewer on my 64 Gb card, but it work fine reading off the supplied 32 Gb SDHC kingston card.

the 64GB Transcend cards have been coming up a bit recently for problems with some cameras where other cards work fine, not sure if they're doing something differently perhaps

I used a Samsung Pro card (pre 2014) which had no issues looping and so on and all video files worked fine in Registrator Viewer and Windows Media Player etc.

Got my 64Gb kingston RMAed at the counter today, put it strait into dashcam and formatted it there.
I expect it will be smoothe sailing from here on, if not i wil yell out in the +32 Gb thread here.

Another thing I noticed is when I tried to copy files from my Transcend 64GB Micro SDXC-UHS-1 card to my computer hard drive It seemed to take an excessive amount of time. I think it said like 12 hours in the popup window. I did not complete the process to see.

My computer is running a USB-2 drive. Is this this the USB drive that most people are using, or do I need to be running a minimum usb-30 drive....or was it simply a problem with my Transcend memory card?

Ugh!! all 4 of my computers run USB-2.0 and it seems that there in no easy fix other than replace the motherboard (and that is far beyond my comfort level).
In the good old days I would just go out and buy a new computer, but with only 1 year to go for retirement I do not want to add another computer.

Building your own computer, or change some parts in it is no big deal.

I have been building my own since a 700 Mhz cpu was the fastest around, and i have no IT or computer educations, industry and that in the heavy part is where i am from.

#1 is to make sure the parts you choose are comaptible, you will not be able to force a AMD cpu onto a motherbord build for intel prosessors, and likewise you will not be able to fit ddr or ddr2 ram into a motherbord build for ddr3 ram.
Most stores allso have a compatibillety checker so it will keep a eye out for you to make sure your stuff will play ball with eachother.

Depending on how much effort you put into it you will be around 2 houres about installing the hardware in a case, and then maybe a little tweaking of the BIOS and install of operation system ( windows )

Allso today its possibel stores sell ther own line of computers, geared towards office use or gaming use and in a multitude of price brackets.
Normally a gaming PC is pretty strong so if it can game good it will allso do good in editing videos and so forth.
And there is many video guides on the internet today, i had to build my first computer by trial and error as most ppl dident have internet back then.
today there is video guides / how to for just about everything.

Something definitely doesn't sound right - USB 2 should still be able to drive in the region of 30MB/sec which means you should be able to read the entire 64GB card in just over 35 mins.

What sort of card reader are you using, and I guess more importantly what were you copying the files too?

Might be worth checking out your antivirus software as something sounds properly goosed if it's saying 12 hours!

What sort of card reader are you using, ...

That occurred to me as well. I had an older computer that had a bucket full of USB 2.0 ports but the internal SD card reader was connected via a USB 1.1 port.

Back