problem with blackvue service

Discussion in 'DR650GW-2CH' started by athers, Aug 22, 2017.

1. athers

athers New Member

United Kingdom
    my cameras started playing up over 4 months ago , first of all i thought it was mem card problem , error was it was trying to initialize card ,which it never did . so i fitted a new card , this lasted all of 3 days , when it again started saying it was initializing card , both original and new 128gb cards are now unreadable and us . tried a friends mem card out of his blackvue , worked fine for 6 hours when it again destroyed card which ive had to replace .

emailed supplier who has only answered 1 of the 10 emails i sent with a automated massage to say they had received email , so then emailed blackvue direct , who have answered my emails but told me to contact blackvue asia , who have never answered any email

to say im now totally cheesed of and thinking of throwing this camera in bin and just buying a cheap Chinese one is a slight understatement

im a disabled and reliaded on the camera incase i was involved in an accident but not had that peace of mind for months

if this is the aftercare of blackvue please DONT buy one

2. hill

hill Member

United States
    If you are still under warranty, I would send it in. If not, you can send it in for repairs. We installed our 650s maybe 3 or 4 months ago, & just experienced the same problem with our 2nd memory card. If it happens again, after using the most expensive hi endurance cards - then we'll be sending ours in for repair. Sometimes it just happens.

3. JohnM

JohnM Active Member

United Kingdom
    Dash Cam:
    DR650GW-2CH
    Hi Athers

The UK distributer is a company in Lanark. Send them an email to try to sort your problem, as I found them very helpful in the past - derek@nwxgroup.com.

Be careful which SD cards you use. There are plenty of posts that suggest which are the better cards.

Regards

John

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
    athers likes this.
  4. athers

athers New Member

United Kingdom
    many thanks JohnM , i wonder why neither the asian or main blackvue offices told me this info