Problem with Parking Mode ?

altug

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Hi,

I bought Viofo A129 Duo 2 weeks ago with 3 wire acc HK3 hardwire kit and since than I am having trouble with parking mode.

A professional guy made all the connections.

Yellow to acc and red to battery.

The problem is my cam never switches to parking mode. First I thought that it was due to some firmware problem so I tried all versions starting from v1.4, 1.5..2.1 and so on. None of them solved my problem.

The cam is working like it has 2 wire kit. It switches to parking mode after 90 seconds with version 1.4 or after 5 minutes with version 1.5 whatsoever. It switches back to driving mode only when it detects motion or speed higher than 8 kmh.

IT SEEMS THE CAM USES ONLY RED WIRE !

When engine is on, I pulled the red cable. It turned off.

When engine was on, I pulled the yellow cable. Nothing happened.

I even tried to reverse the connection. Yellow to battery and red to acc. When I did that, the cam started to turn with Acc on and it turned off with Acc off so I totally lost the parking mode capability.

Now, in summary :

1- It seems that red cable is not defective. It functions properly when I connect it either Acc or Battery.
2- Acc can function with red cable but somehow it doesn't function properly with yellow cable.
3- After all yellow cable is not defective at all because when I reversed the connection (red to acc and yellow to battery) only connecting the red cable to Acc didn't turn on the camera. It turned on only after I connected the yellow to battery.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance.

Can you try the firmware reflash with another microSD card?

The cam is working like it has 2 wire kit
Did You plug power cable into GPS pad or VR body (correct method) ?
ACC wire (ignition signal for park mode) passing through the GPS pad may be damaged/excluded.

Last edited:
Back