kacperled

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Hello

I recently bought my first dashcam and there are problems from day one...

I connect everything as manual says and camera does not power. I use all accessory from original box (cigarette socket, long USB A - USB C cable and camera).

Example situations:
1. When my car is running:
a) I plug cable cigarette socket LED shouts down (camera LED not lights up)
b) I plug cable into socket camera LED lights up and camera randomly starts, but after random amount of seconds it shouts down, and cigarette socket LED shouts down also.
2. When my car is not running and camera is connected, I start the car and nothing heppens. LED on camera nor cigarette socket wont turn on.

How can I resolve this issue? I think its to late to return camera to shop...

My car is: Renault Clio 5 from 2020 (with start-stop system)

What happens if you plug the long camera cable into one of your USB power sockets instead of the cigarette lighter socket?

What happens if you plug the long camera cable into one of your USB power sockets instead of the cigarette lighter socket?

That's a good point, but my cable is already installed around my plastic and so on.

Gotta try it with my powerbank!

@kacperled
Welcome to the club.
“Always” test your new dash cam in the house to make sure everything works BEFORE you install in car, (use power bank).
Here’s a checklist video from @BlackboxMyCar

If you still need help you can summit a support ticket here;
Viofo is on Holiday, and will return Feb 19.
Your Viofo dash cam has a 12 Month warranty, (18 Months if registered).
After the warranty expires they still provide tech support, and help all they can.
-Chuck

I actually tested my camera at home with a wall charger, but it was the short cable that came with the camera :)
Good work.
It sounds like the issue may be inside your car.

That's a good point, but my cable is already installed around my plastic and so on.

Gotta try it with my powerbank!
I looked up your car and you appear to have 2 USB charging sockets right next to the cigar lighter socket, so I thought it would be an easy test?

A power bank would be a better test anyway, but some powerbanks can be a bit low on voltage, so if it doesn't work with the first powerbank, don't immediately blame the camera.

I actually tested my camera at home with a wall charger, but it was the short cable that came with the camera :)
The short cable isn't designed to provide enough power for recording 3 channels, only for use as a card reader. I would expect it to work on a single channel A119, but better to use the long cable.

At the moment I have no idea if the problem is the car, the charger, the long cable, the camera, or possibly the operator! I doubt it is the operator, but we need to narrow down the possibilities.

Is camera fully seated in mount, Check to see if mount/camera connection pins look OK
Try power thru mount, and directly to the camera ( which i think is a option on this model i never had )

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
NI_DashCam A119 Mini 2 14
Back