problem with SG9665DC

one of the last items in the menu is format of the memory card.

But as i said you dont have to delete stuff from the memory card to make room for more, the camera do that automatic, so all you have to do is copy to your computer the few things you want to save or share.

I sent you our support number via private message feel free to call and I’ll help clear this up quicker for you.
I'm still having problems with my SG9663DC. It cuts off and on and the little light stopped blinking so I assume it's not working. It's almost to the end of the 64 g, Maybe it will clear up when it recycles? I had gone into my laptop and deleted files thinking that was what I should do, but now I'm told not to. Is the 64g right for that camera? Maybe I should order the 120? I still have the SG9665GC maybe I should go back to it, I didn't have any problem with it, and I can live without the rear camera. Could I return the DC for a refund?

64 Gb are small IMO, but its still 4 hours ( from both cameras, so 8 hours in total ) so not alarming little unless you drive really much every day, like 2 hours transit time to and from work.

As i said there are no need to delete things from the camera, at least not for space reasons, when the memory card are full the camera simply delete the oldest recordings on the memory card to make room for new recordings.
At any time you can copy one or more files off the memory card as you like, thats no problem at all.
But i would call Jon and talk to him, he is a very helpful and insightful guy, so i am sure you two could soon narrow down if its a user error / memory card error or a faulty camera, and then go from there.

you can always see if the camera are working by looking at what is on the memory card.

One of the LED's should flash to indicate recording, and so should the little red dot in the upper left corner of the LCD screen.

It's still not clear what's you're doing or what the problem is. I was hoping you would call so we could talk through everything over the phone with clearer communication. Please call for support and we'll sort everything out.
(business card is in the box)

I'm very disappointed. My camera is still not working. It starts up when I start the car and runs for a minute then the rec light blinks a few times, then it comes on for a while or it blinks real slow, THEN it just dies! I had put the card in my computer and noticed the files would run jerky and not smooth, and I deleted them on my computer before I learned that was a no no. I know almost all of the space on the card is used up, should I order a new 120 card instead of the 64? Assuming it's the card with a problem and not the camera... Can somebody tell me what to do?

Still can’t understand completely what you mean it’s dying but yet you have video recordings? Also when I tried to play certain video files on the laptop videos can be jerky because of many issues such as not enough processing power, video card being weak, very low ram. Also SD card failure can be a big issue too, did you format it in the dashcam as suggested? Make sure to use a proper power supply otherwise you can be chasing issues non-stop. I just found out that on my truck the issues was a loose cigarette lighter socket connection that kept interrupting power, I kept blaming the product until I plugged in another device and realized it’s a socket. It appears that Street Guardian Support is trying to reach out to you directly also, have you spoken to them? Their support is one of the best in the business of dashcams.

Now it has died altogether. Great. Jon, I don't know what I can tell you that I havn't already. Can't you make a diagnosis from what I explained?

Still can’t understand completely what you mean it’s dying but yet you have video recordings? Also when I tried to play certain video files on the laptop videos can be jerky because of many issues such as not enough processing power, video card being weak, very low ram. Also SD card failure can be a big issue too, did you format it in the dashcam as suggested? Make sure to use a proper power supply otherwise you can be chasing issues non-stop. I just found out that on my truck the issues was a loose cigarette lighter socket connection that kept interrupting power, I kept blaming the product until I plugged in another device and realized it’s a socket. It appears that Street Guardian Support is trying to reach out to you directly also, have you spoken to them? Their support is one of the best in the business of dashcams.
The video recordings were not all there so it is not recording. Now the blinking light is not blinking so I assume it died.

if you power the camera on with no memory card installed what happens then?
Good question, I'll do that and see, and get back to you! I assume you're saying if it powers up, the card is the problem, right?

Good question, I'll do that and see, and get back to you! I assume you're saying if it powers up, the card is the problem, right?

Ok, I tried that. Nothing when I take the card out. But I put it back in and it powered up, with the screen showing and rec and dot blinking for a very short time then it stops blinking.

Ok, I tried that. Nothing when I take the card out. But I put it back in and it powered up, with the screen showing and rec and dot blinking for a very short time then it stops blinking.

sounds power related, very hard to diagnose back and forth like this though, might be better to setup a phone call so we can have you run through some different things, @Street Guardian USA will be able to do that

A phone call sounds equally difficult. And expensive. Since I am told I should better have a 160 g card instead of the 64g card I took from my GC camera, maybe I could order one and see what happens. If I replace cards and it works that would be great. ??

They say if something seems too good for it to be true, be careful it might be. This morning the camera started up fine. I drove for several miles with the rec light blinking. But on the way back from breakfast, it started blinking slower, then just stopped. I'm going on a trip soon and would like to have it working then. Jokiin, if we talked, this is what I would tell you.

Back