problem with SG9665DC

if it's a 64GB card and you formatted it on the computer when you put it in the camera it will go straight to the cameras format option once the camera starts, if it's not doing that then there's something wrong with either the card or the camera[/QUO

FINALLY! It looks like it's working now. You're right, after formatting on my computer, and putting the 64GB card back in, it went straight to format. I don't know what the problem was, but I would appreciate any tips to prevent that happening again. I'm glad to get it working again, and I appreciate especially help from Jon and my Dane friend Kamkar, even though his English is a little fuzzy!

well I can't say for sure what the problem was but sometimes (even though it may seem tedious) the best way is to have you step through the basics, it's good practice to format the card in the camera anytime you've had it in another device, see how you go but there's always someone around to help if you get stuck

he he yeah grammar ( in any language, even Danish ) are not my strong side, in the 9.5 years in school i spent most of my time outside the door or at the principals office.
Though school in my case was done with 36 years ago, then that 9.5 year long nightmare still haunt me, really not a good time for me.

But at least English are much stronger than the other languages i also master verbally.

well I can't say for sure what the problem was but sometimes (even though it may seem tedious) the best way is to have you step through the basics, it's good practice to format the card in the camera anytime you've had it in another device, see how you go but there's always someone around to help if you get stuck

Speaking of having it in another device, I don't remember where, but I thought SOMEWHERE I read it's a good idea to take the card out occasionally and delete files in my laptop computer. NOT a good idea?

No not sure where you might of read that, not a good idea. Only format the card in camera. Don’t format or delete files off the card via computer.

If deleting files then delete all files by doing a format of the memory card in the dashcam.
If you have a few clips you want to save, you can copy those off the memory card and onto the computer using the computer.
But deleting individual files on the memory card using the computer are a bad idea and can cause problems.

But in general no need to delete anything, the dashcam should do that itself when the card fill up, starting with the oldest files existing on the memory card.

you can format memory card on the computer, but then you also must do it in the dashcam afterwards, so no need to do the same thing 2 times, just do it on the dashcam.

With the exception of the format I just did on the computer right?

With the exception of the format I just did on the computer right?

correct, formatting should normally be done in the camera, if the card has issues there are times when we will recommend doing a full overwrite erase with SDFormatter in the computer as this will put the card back to its factory default config but this is not something that needs to be done regularly

In the future whenever I want to do anything, I will check in here first! Thanks for the great help everybody.

The future has arrived. Now that I have my camera running smoothly, now what? Give it to me in baby steps... I'm assuming, something I hesitate to do with my camera, that I don't do anything at all. Until an event like a wreck. Then what?

Today my camera failed to start again. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. If it doesn't, I disconnect the power cord at the camera and put it back in, it starts. Then it will run and blink for a while then REC stops blinking! Is it a bad connection?

What firmware version do you run on your dashcam?
What brand/type 64GB memory card do you use?
Your dashcam is hardwired or powering from cigarette lighter socket?

Am I going crazy or is this one of the most frustrating threads ever to read?

SG USA in Nevada wants to personally walk you through the process (excellent customer support btw) and you basically ignore everything they are saying. You should give them a call and they’d be able to diagnose your problem in minutes.

Back-and-forth tech support over a forum is significantly harder than picking up the phone.

My camera is working finally. Keeping my fingers crossed! (a lot of good that does!) So next, all I do is nothing right? in the case of an event I want to save, just hit the middle button, right? and that's all? And if I want to take the card out and save a portion to my computer, say a scenic drive,or an accident scene, I can do that without a problem..then just stick the card back in and it takes up where it left off?

My camera is working finally. Keeping my fingers crossed! (a lot of good that does!) So next, all I do is nothing right? in the case of an event I want to save, just hit the middle button, right? and that's all? And if I want to take the card out and save a portion to my computer, say a scenic drive,or an accident scene, I can do that without a problem..then just stick the card back in and it takes up where it left off?

correct, the only thing I would add is that after you have the card in the camera anytime it's good practice to format the card once you put it back in the camera

Back