R237 update issues

LisaH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Since updating the firmware last week, the dash cam freezes, screen scrolls with purple line, white screen, black screen and refuses to work.

My fella searched on Google for an answer and the general consensus was that the SD card was corrupt. So, at huge expense for me, I purchased a Nextbase 128gb card from their website, at £49.50 (got 10% discount as 1st order)

Formatted the card, and still have the same issues. I removed the rear camera, reset the dash cam no change.

I removed the dash cam from the hardwire lead and tried the lead that plugs into the cigarette socket and that hasn't resolved it either. Last attempt was on a new mount and that hasn't changed anything. I've got a dash cam that is now useless.

I rely on the dash cam as I driver for a living. I successfully used footage on an insurance claim last month.

I've seen threads from January 2023 where Nextbase Technical Support were able to help.

Fingers crossed that I get a successful answer as we've tried everything else at expense I really cannot afford.

Can anyone help please?

May I ask how you loaded the firmware? If you downloaded to a pc then uploaded to your 522, just maybe you hit a glitch. You can contact Nextbase and ask for the new firmware (R23.7) on a single use sd card, which you put into the camera and it does its own thing when you switch on. On completion just put YOUR sd card back in and hope it works.
Nextbase cards are extortionately priced, but many use well known brands. I personally use Sandisk without issue.

May I ask how you loaded the firmware? If you downloaded to a pc then uploaded to your 522, just maybe you hit a glitch. You can contact Nextbase and ask for the new firmware (R23.7) on a single use sd card, which you put into the camera and it does its own thing when you switch on. On completion just put YOUR sd card back in and hope it works.
Nextbase cards are extortionately priced, but many use well known brands. I personally use Sandisk without issue.
Thank you for your prompt reply.

I started off with a SanDisk U3 sd card but when the problem started after the latest firmware update, we googled the problem and
it was suggested that the SD card was corrupted. I then bought direct from Nextbase hoping to resolve the problem quickly, but that didn't fix the issue

I have the Nextbase app on my laptop. I connected the dashcam to the laptop and after opening the app and selecting firmware update, went back to the app and updated direct from there.

This evening we went to the website and downloaded the update, then opened it and dragged the 2 files into the Nextbase. That didn't work either!

I'm going to contact Nextbase tomorrow. There really should be a way to remove the update.

Thanks again

I believe there is , but sadly I don’t know the procedure. Good luck.

The 23.7 firmware appears to be an issue with many Nextbase cameras. I have a 322gw which stops recording stamps to the video just over 3 minutes into any journey. The file carries the correct information (when played on MyNextbase Player the date and time are correct and the map shows location accurately) but Nextbase don't seem to want to know. One person I spoke to in Cardiff seems to acceot that it was a known issue but as the firmware was issued in January 2023 and they are still doing nothing about it I am not holding my breath waiting for a solution! In my opinion this amounts to a product that "is not fit for purpose".

Sadly Nextbase have been conspicuous by there absence of late,(12 months) makes me wonder if they are throwing all their hopes into the new iQ model. Millie used to be very good at sorting problems but sadly seems to have gone missing.
To be truthful my 522 (incl 23.7 since last Feb) has worked perfectly for 5+ years but just before Xmas started throwing dicky fits. Replaced sd card to own brand (no difference) and no help offered. Maybe time to part ways.

Back