"Real World" Questions on the DC

The only cable I got was about 9-10' long and too short for my little BMW M235i. Thought I got a motorcycle version of the cam. LOL. Will send PM. Thanks!

The only cable I got was about 9-10' long and too short for my little BMW M235i. Thought I got a motorcycle version of the cam. LOL. Will send PM. Thanks!

How are you running your cable that it's too short for a 235i?

Down low i would assume, going that same low route ( with another camera ) in my little Suzuki i almost ran out of cable too.

Last edited:
With picture in picture while playing back on Dashcam Viewer (Mac) Switching which channel you view is easy enough.....but i was wondering if it's possible to enlarge the small thumbnail of the the secondary channel. It would be nice to be able to drag it to a larger size or something. Haven't fully installed the system in the car yet...still experimenting.
CRS

With picture in picture while playing back on Dashcam Viewer (Mac) Switching which channel you view is easy enough.....but i was wondering if it's possible to enlarge the small thumbnail of the the secondary channel. It would be nice to be able to drag it to a larger size or something. Haven't fully installed the system in the car yet...still experimenting.
CRS

That would be a question for @traveler

Down low i would assume, going that same low route ( with another camera ) in my little Suzuki i almost ran out of cable too.

yeah the 3m cable is intended for installs that go straight through the headliner from front to back

I did plan going strait over my headlined with the 0906 but it turned out that's pretty much blocked ( looked with M8ts flexible bore scope )
Down low are troublesome unless DC and 0906 share same cable, but i do plan on routing the DC along the side of the roof, and i can do so no problem as i have no airbags there.

So i will do.
Mid windscreen to top A pillar driver side ( left )
Top A pillar behind A pillar plastic trim to door rubber seal, along top of door to b pillar down a little still behind rubber seal.
Cross from front of B pillar to back of it below the seatbelt where the hard plastic are, then in under the door rubber and up and over back door to C pillar.
C pillar i will have to follow down a little still under the rubber seal, and then proceed back into the boot of my car and in under plastic trim on C pillar to the upper left corner of my hatch, and there i will dive in under headliner and head for the middle where rear camera will be located.

This should be the short route you can follow even with curtain airbags in your car.

I dident even have a gap above the headliner along the side of the roof, that would be the ideal place, but its like my headliner breach the whole with of my car in several places ( or at least 2 places )

yeah the 3m cable is intended for installs that go straight through the headliner from front to back
Here in the U.S. a majority of new vehicles are sold with sunroofs (not something I'm a fan of) so an install through the headliner will still have to go around at least a portion of the periphery of the roof.

The 3M cable provided was the perfect length for my DC Tacoma.

I ran it behind the headliner from center to the A pillar, then through the rubber seal that meets the headliner to the B pillar plastic cover, straight through continuing to rear door to the rear pillar then towards the center. I would guesstimate I had about 6" remaining. If I did not have a center window that opened, I would have been able to center the camera. I think i'll leave it that way. Sometimes, I put material through the center window so I dont want anything in the way.

If anyone happens to have a current gen Hyundai Tucson that they install it on or have installed any other camera in I'm curious to know the best route of install :)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

If anyone happens to have a current gen Hyundai Tucson that they install it on or have installed any other camera in I'm curious to know the best route of install :)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

to some degree it will depend where you will mount the rear camera as to which is the most suitable route, anything with an opening tailgate and a window mounted camera needs extra cable allowance if you want to do a neat install and go through factory door grommets etc

Here in the U.S. a majority of new vehicles are sold with sunroofs (not something I'm a fan of) so an install through the headliner will still have to go around at least a portion of the periphery of the roof.

when I say through the roof we still run them to the side and around the edges above the doors, not straight down the middle

when I say through the roof we still run them to the side and around the edges above the doors, not straight down the middle

I was about to say yeah nobody takes off/apart the whole roof liner not really very easy or possible. Just tuck it around the edges. That’s how my Ford Explorer Sport DC cable is routed.

Fair enough. The 3M still looks a bit short to me but that's in the context of my vehicle. I'll go out and do a 'trial fit' on my wife's Honda Civic and see how that goes.

Fair enough. The 3M still looks a bit short to me but that's in the context of my vehicle. I'll go out and do a 'trial fit' on my wife's Honda Civic and see how that goes.

in the cars we've tested it's fine for the average 4 door sedan, if we find we need something a little bit longer to accommodate more installs we may revise it later, kind of thing we really need to wait until we have more feedback on, another reason why we've got the two different length cables right now so we can cover more options

One thought with the wifi feature. I know its not advertised but it would be interesting if there was a way to leave wifi on because you could have a tablet etc with an app and use that as an external screen

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

One thought with the wifi feature. I know its not advertised but it would be interesting if there was a way to leave wifi on because you could have a tablet etc with an app and use that as an external screen

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

No plans to have wifi stay on continually as a function, it causes more problems than it's worth

Is there a setting for WDR, or just the EV + or - that I see? Also...does rear camera have auto exposure?

Is there a setting for WDR, or just the EV + or - that I see? Also...does rear camera have auto exposure?

has EV adjustment but all else is currently auto, we haven't really got into IQ related settings as yet, we still have things to implement in the firmware, working on an update now

Back