"Real World" Questions on the DC

Does anyone know if Dashcam Viewer is compatible? I can't get it to show the rear cam from the app. It seems to only see the "A" filenames.

Does anyone know if Dashcam Viewer is compatible? I can't get it to show the rear cam from the app. It seems to only see the "A" filenames.

it has been tested with it previously, not sure if any changes in more recent versions of the app

it has been tested with it previously, not sure if any changes in more recent versions of the app
I updated to the latest version. I see on the menu/control bar where you can switch channels, but it says "1" and it's grayed out.

EDIT:
i figured it out. If you have any single channel video files, it will not detect the second channel. After I deleted all of the single channel videos it properly displayed both channels.

Up at the top, there is a little button that toggles between front and back camera. Make sure you have the latest version. Also look in your movie folder and make sure you see files for fron and back.....marked with A and B

Up at the top, there is a little button that toggles between front and back camera. Make sure you have the latest version. Also look in your movie folder and make sure you see files for fron and back.....marked with A and B
edited my last post. It won't work if you have any single channel files in the card. I turned the camera one to test prior to installing the rear cam so there were a few files with only recording from the front. Once I deleted those files, all is good.

If anyone happens to have a current gen Hyundai Tucson that they install it on or have installed any other camera in I'm curious to know the best route of install :)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I just set mine up in a 2017 MY18 Hyundai Tucson with sunroof. I will take some photos tomorrow, I should have taken some during install.

I only have it installed through the cigarette port. But all the rest just used some guide plastic to feed it up from the rear passenger door to the rear hatch, I used the grommet on the right with less cables.

I just set mine up in a 2017 MY18 Hyundai Tucson with sunroof. I will take some photos tomorrow, I should have taken some during install.

I only have it installed through the cigarette port. But all the rest just used some guide plastic to feed it up from the rear passenger door to the rear hatch, I used the grommet on the right with less cables.
Amazing! Please share pics whenever you can. I'm getting my brand new one delivered in a few weeks so want to be prepared :)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The tool you get with is handy, I used a bit of tongue and groove plastic strip which made it easier feeding it through towards the rear.

The front strip from the dash to the roof comes off easy but has the airbag in it so you have to be careful, as long as you stay on the correct side of it.

How are you running your cable that it's too short for a 235i?

I was running it with the rear cam located top center against the windshield brake light and tucked in under the trim that runs along the right upper side of the car. Wire tucked in so no wire is exposed at any point. Was a few inches short. This weekend I'll play with it a little more. Not sure if I run the cable down low under trim and carpet if it may reach. It would be easier that way with less curves but the extra cable to go from the top of the rear windshield to the floor and back up to the front cam probably will end up being a longer run. When I get the longer cable I will probably run the cable down low as that seems like the easiest and quickest path for a clean instal.

I was running it with the rear cam located top center against the windshield brake light and tucked in under the trim that runs along the right upper side of the car. Wire tucked in so no wire is exposed at any point. Was a few inches short. This weekend I'll play with it a little more. Not sure if I run the cable down low under trim and carpet if it may reach. It would be easier that way with less curves but the extra cable to go from the top of the rear windshield to the floor and back up to the front cam probably will end up being a longer run. When I get the longer cable I will probably run the cable down low as that seems like the easiest and quickest path for a clean instal.

I see.. There's definitely more complexity with a BMW than a loose truck lol
I'm pretty sure you can do the floor wiring with the longer cable no problem. the 3M was just enough for me with just inches to spare. If I had mounted it center it would be just enough.

Hopefully you didn't do this. the vapors from superglue (anything with cyanoacrylate) can permanently fog/etch the lens of the camera.
So if i sniff glue while studying will i remember what im learning forever??? [emoji50] [emoji33] [emoji33]

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I see.. There's definitely more complexity with a BMW than a loose truck lol
I'm pretty sure you can do the floor wiring with the longer cable no problem. the 3M was just enough for me with just inches to spare. If I had mounted it center it would be just enough.

I just needed like 6 more inches. So close. I didn't have enough to tuck the cable under the molding on the C pillar. But even if I had 6 extra inches I probably would still do it over again with the longer cable to run it under the floor trim because the B pillar molding with the airbag is too tight to hide the cable around its edge, and it would bug me seeing the wire wrapped around the top edge of the B pillar. I don't want to mess pulling off the trim on the B pillar since the airbag is behind it. Running a long cable along floor should be quick and easy.

I popped off the rear upper brake light cover to hide most of the cam cable under it. If anyone plans to do the same on BMW, pull down on the cover from the side closest to the glass. There are clips on the side closest to the front of the car that will probably break if you pull down on them. You need to pull down on the back to pop out the two vertically mounted clips about an inch down, and then slide the cover towards the rear glass to pull the other two front clips out that are mounted horizontally.

BTW - I'm quite happy with the quality of both the front and rear video. I had looked at a few other dual channel cams and they had poor specs for the rear camera. Both the day and evening video look great. Image is very sharp on both cams even on the edges. And you can't beat the service from Street Guardian!

cam_1.JPGcam_2.JPGcam_3.JPGcam_4.JPGcam_5.JPG

Last edited:
I just needed like 6 more inches. So close. I didn't have enough to tuck the cable under the molding on the C pillar. But even if I had 6 extra inches I probably would still do it over again with the longer cable to run it under the floor trim because the B pillar molding with the airbag is too tight to hide the cable around its edge, and it would bug me seeing the wire wrapped around the top edge of the B pillar. I don't want to mess pulling off the trim on the B pillar since the airbag is behind it. Running a long cable along floor should be quick and easy.

I popped off the rear upper brake light cover to hide most of the cam cable under it. If anyone plans to do the same on BMW, pull down on the cover from the side closest to the glass. There are clips on the side closest to the front of the car that will probably break if you pull down on them. You need to pull down on the back to pop out the two vertically mounted clips about an inch down, and then slide the cover towards the rear glass to pull the other two front clips out that are mounted horizontally.

Is that with the 3 meters or 6-meter cable? I have more 6-meter cables now and happy to send you one. All future USA DC orders will now be shipped with both 3 meter and 6-meter cables.

That is a 3m cable. You guys already sent me the tracking # for a 6 meter cable that will arrive on Monday. You guys are awesome!

I just found an extra CPL filter from another cam I was not using and put it on the rear cam. If you want a more stealth look, I'd recommend buying a CPL filter from SG for the rear cam. (Cam already comes with CPL filter for the front cam.) It makes it look less like a cam and more like some sensor on the car. Pic not so good as it's already getting dark outside, but as you can see, it doesn't look as much like a cam lens with the CPL filter installed compared to the prior pic without the filter.

cam_6.JPG

Back