"Real World" Questions on the DC

Press and hold the mount bracket against the glass for 2 minutes

Wait 20 minutes before hanging the camera.

This will ensure at least 50% bond is achieved for starters

This is just as important as cleaning........... You have to give time for the adhesive to adhere properly without weight hanging off it and the longer the better

Installation complete. I couldn't place the front camera where I wanted because of the design of the mirror, so it sits just to the left of it but the mount is still in the black dots so the lense is just below it.
However, for the rear camera I had to use the 6 meter to be able to go through the hatch rubber grommet. The straight end was definitely needed to do that. The only part I didn't like is that since it is the straight end, it required the camera to be mounted lower onto the rear window than I would have liked. A 90% adapter for the end would have been nice there. Something like this but with the correct connections:
AE7R_1_201707071200801363.jpg

Other than that, I love it!
Where shall I put photos that I took during install and video from first drive?

Last edited:
What setting does everyone have the EV set to? I had mine on -⅓ but have changed it down to -1 as it still looked over exposed. Doesn’t help with the low winter sun and a white car bonnet I don’t think...

Most folks are making their own thread with a title something like "my install in a 2005 Honda Civic"
I saw that one, but only that one, so I figured before we have a ton of them floating around, maybe it should be all in one thread. Just wanted to see what everyone thought.

To me it makes more sense to have a thread for each vehicle so that if there are vehicle-specific questions, the thread doesn't get too confusing. Works well with search too for people from the future. ;)

What setting does everyone have the EV set to? I had mine on -⅓ but have changed it down to -1 as it still looked over exposed. Doesn’t help with the low winter sun and a white car bonnet I don’t think...

we've got independent front and rear EV controls in the current beta, once that one is released and we can get some wider feedback we'll look at the fine tuning the front channel image settings a bit better in the following updates

Like Doc and Marty?

Oh dear......... Are you here in Australia watching the re-runs of back to the future currently on TV........... Therapy is an option :D

Yup............ When your part of running a real-time show it consumes all your time and we all thank you again :)

Yup............ When your part of running a real-time show it consumes all your time and we all thank you again :)

just don't get time, only time I see TV is if I happen to be at someone else's house and it's on, from what I've seen in the last few years I don't seem to be missing anything worth watching

I don't know if your into the V8 supercars but check out the what happened and who won the championship today any why

Aussies are on target for the ashes

Put mine back to 0 because of my tinted windows it was too dark, especially for the rear cam.

@jokiin mentioned in the bug thread there will be firmware updates to address the exposure. If it's possible to set EV settings per camera would be amazing. Then I can set the rear to +1/3 and leave the front to 0 or maybe -1/3.

Individual EV are just around the corner as i understand it :cool:

Put mine back to 0 because of my tinted windows it was too dark, especially for the rear cam.

@jokiin mentioned in the bug thread there will be firmware updates to address the exposure. If it's possible to set EV settings per camera would be amazing. Then I can set the rear to +1/3 and leave the front to 0 or maybe -1/3.

we have individual front and rear EV adjustments in the current firmware we're testing now

I had my heart laying on the floor of my car for about 30 minutes today trying to find the SD card. I have problems pushing the SD card in to get it to release. My old fingers and dealing with carpal tunnel is not a great combination for these tiny cards.
Has anyone used any extender for their card?
Example: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/CY-...ter-Extender-Test-Tools-PCBA/32809011674.html
Or is this just not a good idea. It seems there is no locking on this one. Or is there something better and I'm not searching the right wording? Maybe this will work if I secure the card in the extender.

Back