Recording Light Stopped Blinking (Momentarily)

fpark83

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all,

The other night, I was parked for a few minutes with engine running. I noticed the Rec light stopped blinking as it normally does. However, when I started driving, it continued blinking as usual.

Why did this happen and what was happening when it stopped blinking? Did it stop recording?

Thanks!

I will have to check tonight but most likely it is turned on. I'm assuming it stopped recording because there was no activity/motion being detected?

Could you also tell me what the purpose of motion detection is for this dash cam?

Thanks

yeah if it's on and there's not enough activity recording will pause and resume again once there's enough movement detected by the CMOS sensor, there are also adjustments for how sensitive it is and how long before it pauses

motion detect on this or any other camera does exactly that, when there is movement it will trigger the recording, there are some people that like recording only when there's motion, personally I don't like to use it, I prefer the surety of if it's on it's recording

Yes, I prefer to turn that feature off. I'll check tonight. Thanks again.

Back