Repair Corrupt Dashcam Video

Jakg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Was involved in an accident but unfortunately one of the videos from my dashcam (A119C) is corrupt!

I don't know why - as the rest of the videos from it are fine - but although they look the right size (350MB), nothing (tried VLC, Quicktime) can play them.

Anyone know how to repair them?

The videos are here - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/l1ca0hf9412uppp/AAAC-TgL75wiYwWTwnABkY_pa?dl=0 - in case anyone wants to have a go

Was involved in an accident but unfortunately one of the videos from my dashcam (A119C) is corrupt!

Do you have an A118C or an A119? (there's no C version of the A119), if it's one of the A119 variants play the broken file back in the camera and it will repair the file

Curious, but was the collision a fairly hard one and not a slight scrape? Did it knock the camera off the mounting? When you say rest of the videos were fine, was it the videos after the collision?

Why I ask is I experimented with some do it yourself mountings with my mobius. One was a heavy clamp to the ceiling that of suv that fell to the ground. It somehow disconnected the capacitor and I figured I destroyed the camera completely as it was not connecting to my computer any longer. Somehow, with the tumble the SD card got corrupted.

Back