Review: Dome D201 Ambarella A12 2560x1440p HDR GPS Dashcam (Gearbest.com)

does the WDR still give slightly less image quality on the latest fw? I am currently running it 2k without WDR.

I find that the colors are muted when using HDR during daylight hours.
I am not seeing much in the way of quality difference.

My preference has been to leave HDR off.

2386 gives you a choice of MPH or KMPH

Is that the d202 firmware only because it is labeled d202? Or can that be used on either the d201 or d202?

Thanks

It's been asserted that the firmware is the same with the exception of the about screen.
If you are using the 201 the latest 201 update should have the option for you as well.
(Posted on page 15 by Capture Your Action)

I wish I could mount my dash cam directly behind the mirror, but NH puts the inspection sticker there. :(

Here are the models for my rear view mirror 202 mount.

It requires 2 m3 screws at least 20mm for the base mount and 1 10mm m4 bolt for the bottom mount, you need to file the sides of the head of the m4 bolt so that the diameter of the flat sides are 6.5mm. If you leave it round A. It wont fit in the spot i made for it and B. if its left round it can rotate in place, if you flatten opposite sides it cant rotate anymore.

I made it for my mazda 3 rear view mirror which has a mount diameter of 20mm. I used 2 layers of black electrical tape as a little padding to keep it snug and tight.

Hopefully these can help you with a great mount with little to no modification for your car.

Attachments

• dome202_3D_Models.zip
    dome202_3D_Models.zip
    189.3 KB · Views: 10
  • m4Mount.png
    m4Mount.png
    18.3 KB · Views: 17
  • mountBaseBottom.png
    mountBaseBottom.png
    42.6 KB · Views: 14
  • mountBaseTop.png
    mountBaseTop.png
    19.3 KB · Views: 14
  • wirecover.png
    wirecover.png
    50.5 KB · Views: 14

Attachments

I have created a superior mount that is directly from the windshield.

requires 1 10mm m4 bolt and a 1mm washer/spacer
https://www.dropbox.com/s/a2vexy1iv732a5d/2016-04-16 23.42.01.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jcrma65yscwuwxv/2016-04-16 21.49.31.jpg?dl=0

no camera shake when driving.
This was designed for a 20 degree angle windshield. Adjust as needed.

Nice revision! So that is mounted with adhesive?

Quick question/critique if you don't mind. I noticed your rear view mirror mount has a screw on it. Couldn't you create a mount that does not use adhesive but rather mounts using the torx screw (which would probably have to be replaced with a longer one) on the rear view mirror mount? That actually seems like an interesting way to go and I might try to pursue that with my wife's honda odyssey which has a similar looking review view mirror mount. There are of course some obstacles there, but seem doable.

Nice revision! So that is mounted with adhesive?

Quick question/critique if you don't mind. I noticed your rear view mirror mount has a screw on it. Couldn't you create a mount that does not use adhesive but rather mounts using the torx screw (which would probably have to be replaced with a longer one) on the rear view mirror mount? That actually seems like an interesting way to go and I might try to pursue that with my wife's honda odyssey which has a similar looking review view mirror mount. There are of course some obstacles there, but seem doable.

I saw that, but i wanted to avoid removing anything stock from the car. The new mount is held up with 3m double side 10lb tape, which is standard with many other oem dashcam mounts such as the A118c, SG, mini and more.

Quick question, can that speed display be disabled on this camera?
Just because every single car on the road is driving 10 km/h above the official limit, doesn't mean I want to make a record of it...
And if not, can I just unplug the GPS sensor and zero out the number?

No, can't be disabled. Not yet anyway. You can unplug the GPS and the speed will display 0 on the video and dash cam screen.

Back